Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

34 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I would love to see Leicester first & Ipswich second with Southampton & Leeds battling it out in the playoffs !!

It was and stays my prediction & hunch ,that Ipswich and ourselves get promoted.

why some fans underrate them remains to me a mystery..

Leeds have a so called easier run in,but in all seriousness they haven’t yet

slipped on any banana skins in 10 games…

but they do have that nack of dropping points, against 100%ers calls.

Compare a few posts back all  4s fixture list..

I just believe Ipswich can turn the last 13 games to their favour,compared with the other two,plus they are no worse off than Leeds…

And their squad,despite hauling themselves,from league 1,

their  first 14-16 Squad players,are quality wise no worse off  

than what the others bring to the table…

Ipswich have a great history in working and achieving well above what

outsiders predictions and opinions commentate on..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

I can imagine that being a bit triggering, but to put it some perspective, you had to play Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham in your final 3 games in 20/21. This year you have West Brom, Preston and Blackburn. Teams you are currently 23, 29 and 40 points ahead of.

Just beat Leeds on Friday and it'll all be plain sailing and you'll laugh about ever being nervous. :fc:

I want a drive on your tractor,

then feel snug and comfortable while making hay while the sunshine’s…

Rather have a combined harvester and a brand new key for the PL.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Saints fans saying Russell gone back to tippy tappy football hence the form dropping off.   That will do me.

Deserves it for the fist pumping nonsense at the end of the game last week like they'd just secured promotion. Sky spent that game saying how they've sorted their defence out and built on it. Since then they've shipped 8 goals to Hull, Bristol and Hudds.

The forum's been going all Polly Pissypants about Saints catching us, they're going to be undefeated and they've got an easy run-in. Conveniently forgetting this division doesn't work on form guides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bovril said:

I'm never sure how true this really is because if we do lose a 9 point advantage you'd think there would've been a significant swing anyway.

It's 3 games, you're talking an average of just over 7 goal swing per game. We've only conceded 2 in a game on 4 occasions, and 3 on 1 occasion in the league this season, so being realistic can you see Ipswich racking up 3 wins by 5 or 6 goals?

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's 3 games, you're talking an average of just over 7 goal swing per game. We've only conceded 2 in a game on 4 occasions, and 3 on 1 occasion in the league this season, so being realistic can you see Ipswich racking up 3 wins by 5 or 6 goals?

Agreed Ipswich do tend to leak a fair few goals so I think like last night they will win a lot of games by the odd goal so highly unlikely they catch up our goal difference advantage. 

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Deserves it for the fist pumping nonsense at the end of the game last week like they'd just secured promotion. Sky spent that game saying how they've sorted their defence out and built on it. Since then they've shipped 8 goals to Hull, Bristol and Hudds.

The forum's been going all Polly Pissypants about Saints catching us, they're going to be undefeated and they've got an easy run-in. Conveniently forgetting this division doesn't work on form guides.

I watched the Swansea bs Southampton game a few weeks back and as exciting and free flowing they were going forward, they were an absolute train wreck at the back and could easily have lost the game just on the number of big chances they conceded in the final 10 or so minutes. Like us when they click they can be imperious however on an off day they can and will be beaten. 

9 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

According to SLY we have the toughest run in and Ipswich is the easiest by far. That said they almost blew the easiest of them all tonight. 

Both Southampton and ourselves face opposition that averages 11th in the table.  

Leeds / Ipswich is 13th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Heard a rumour that Leeds, Ipswich AND Saints are all at home to QPR next weekend.

Can confirm this is not true - it’s actually Stevenage  

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

There will not be a single Ipswich or Southampton hoping we lose on Friday

True 

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I want a drive on your tractor,

then feel snug and comfortable while making hay while the sunshine’s…

Rather have a combined harvester and a brand new key for the PL.

You’ve obviously never made hay in blistering sunshine. Warm and snug?  Try it in an old Massey 365. Like sitting in an oven covered in itching powder. 🤣🤣🤣

51 minutes ago, Sly said:

Our next 5 games is the hardest run we’ll have on paper though. Get through those and then we can talk about promotion. 

It’s a fair comment. It’s a season defining period and we can find out a lot about the team. Doesn’t matter if you’re a glass half full or empty person, these next cluster of games will decide our date ultimately.

• Like 1

Does anybody else get hung up on the fact Burnley only lost 3 games last season and we're currently on 5 and will probably end up on 6/7? I know it probably doesn't mean a great deal in terms of translation to the PL as they've been woeful but....THREE games?!?! Pretty mad that!

• Like 3

Just updated this. As I've said before, a few weeks back, by the end of MW 38, I think the gap between the top 4 will have shrunk right down. Ipswich and Leeds have an opportunity to really close the gap. 

image.png.18fb262bbf2740612ac4933dcf911632.png

But if we navigate the next 5 without the wheels coming off, and keep calm on the back of some 'bad' results, then we've the opportunity in the final 8 games to pull away again. 

Even if we do something like W8 D3 L2 (to Leeds and Southampton) we finish on 105. 

Ipswich and Leeds can only get 108 with max points

Southampton can only get 106 with max points

And they can't all do that since they all play each other

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

It was and stays my prediction & hunch ,that Ipswich and ourselves get promoted.

why some fans underrate them remains to me a mystery..

Leeds have a so called easier run in,but in all seriousness they haven’t yet

slipped on any banana skins in 10 games…

but they do have that nack of dropping points, against 100%ers calls.

Compare a few posts back all  4s fixture list..

I just believe Ipswich can turn the last 13 games to their favour,compared with the other two,plus they are no worse off than Leeds…

And their squad,despite hauling themselves,from league 1,

their  first 14-16 Squad players,are quality wise no worse off  

than what the others bring to the table…

Ipswich have a great history in working and achieving well above what

outsiders predictions and opinions commentate on..

Ipswich have the added incentive of knowing that if they don't get promoted their manager might well be in the Premier League next season with a bigger club. 

9 hours ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

I can imagine that being a bit triggering, but to put it some perspective, you had to play Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham in your final 3 games in 20/21. This year you have West Brom, Preston and Blackburn. Teams you are currently 23, 29 and 40 points ahead of.

Just beat Leeds on Friday and it'll all be plain sailing and you'll laugh about ever being nervous. :fc:

Yeah I’m much more confident this time, but I can see why some don’t trust a lead unless it’s more than 15pts lol 

Still think we win the title but I think the record points tally is probably a bridge too far looking at our remaining fixtures. Think we will lose a couple unexpectedly against one of relegation dogfighters and draw a few, like Hull away and finish on something like 103 pts. Hope I am wrong and we go on a massive unbeaten run to end of season and absolutely smash it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Still think we win the title but I think the record points tally is probably a bridge too far looking at our remaining fixtures. Think we will lose a couple unexpectedly against one of relegation dogfighters and draw a few, like Hull away and finish on something like 103 pts. Hope I am wrong and we go on a massive unbeaten run to end of season and absolutely smash it

if we have our shooting boots on so to speak this team could achieve it

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I really couldn't care less about the points total. It would be such a Leicester thing to do to get the points total and then get relegated next season.

Just go up in one of the auto spots, and prepare as best for next season which is going to be very, very hard. No one cares Bournemouth, Brighton or Brentford didn't win the championship nor that they didn't break points records getting promoted. Its what they did after they went up that mattered, and it will be the same with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You’ve obviously never made hay in blistering sunshine. Warm and snug?  Try it in an old Massey 365. Like sitting in an oven covered in itching powder. 🤣🤣🤣

Not blistering just comfortable & cosy,after tractor ride and work

Massey Ferguson, John Deere,a Zetor could be fun. There was a a Russian-french

job, forgot  the name…but very comfortable if long day ploughing..and a good

radio system for farm contact and music..Hey mi laddie,been there,done that,read the manual shared cider and haystacks with a few Rosey’s

Worked farms,between Eng.Projects for a break…best bloody hard work I have ever done…One actually seen or realised end product..

40 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.png.e901fe66428f1aa462e37724a2022897.png

Just updated this. As I've said before, a few weeks back, by the end of MW 38, I think the gap between the top 4 will have shrunk right down. Ipswich and Leeds have an opportunity to really close the gap. 

But if we navigate the next 5 without the wheels coming off, and keep calm on the back of some 'bad' results, then we've the opportunity in the final 8 games to pull away again. 

Even if we do something like W8 D3 L2 (to Leeds and Southampton) we finish on 105. 

Ipswich and Leeds can only get 108 with max points

Southampton can only get 106 with max points

And they can't all do that since they all play each other

It's really thrown me that 4th Quartile isn't green.

• Like 1