Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, LeedsW5 said:

Had three blatant penalties not given across the two games prior to this. 

When people say ‘it evens itself out’, this is what it means. 

your not Forest in disguise are you ?

That Leeds v Southampton game on the last day could be a dead rubber, if Leeds fluff it up against QPR and then Ipswich win twice in between then and the final day.

• Like 1

My Perfect end to the season:

Vardy hat-trick to clinch promotion at Preston!

Another Vardy hat-trick against Blackburn. Clinches the championship. Gives us 100 points. Gives the GOAT top scorer status (sorry, Sammy). Sharkey on for a 15 minute goodbye cameo. EPL and EFL announce apologies and will take no further action. We announce Szmodics signing.

Ipswich finish second.

Leeds knocked out of playoffs by The Baggies. Norwich win at Wembley (so there's at least one worse Prem team next year!) :clap:

......if Carlsberg did  end - of - seasons!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Another Vardy hat-trick against Blackburn. Clinches the championship. Gives us 100 points. Gives the GOAT top scorer status (sorry, Sammy). Sharkey on for a 15 minute goodbye cameo. EPL and EFL announce apologies and will take no further action. We announce Szmodics signing.

Ipswich finish second.

Leeds knocked out of playoffs by The Baggies. Norwich win at Wembley (so there's at least one worse Prem team next year!) :clap:

And don't forget forest to get relegated! That would be the cherry on top of the cake

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I can't see Leeds losing on Friday, but I can see a draw, which would leave us needing just a point from two games.

QPR always beat Leeds at home, they have done so in recent occasions!

7 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Ipswich finish second.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he'd still be 3 goals behind Szmodics lol. 

Just don't see it. Think Leeds will beat them by a couple tbh. 

Personally, in the next few days, I can see  QPR lose to Leeds, we draw at Preston and Ipswich drop points at either Hull or Cov. 

95, 93, 93 going in to the last game needing a point against Blackburn because of our goal difference. 

But we'll beat them to be Champions in a nervy game. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Personally, in the next few days, I can see  QPR lose to Leeds, we draw at Preston and Ipswich drop points at either Hull or Cov. 

95, 93, 93 going in to the last game needing a point against Blackburn because of our goal difference. 

Since QPR have their new manager they have been on decent form, they beat us :dry: they always like to play the top sides.

Can see them smashing and grabbing it, job done for us :D

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's crazy that we still need 4 points as it stands to win the league.

It could potentially come down to the last Day of the league.

Mathematically yes, I actually don’t think either Leeds nor Ipswich will get to 95 points. I think the goals we scored tonight and the jump in goal difference has won us the league tonight.

I still want us to finish strong and get the 6 points, but it feels like we’re Champions now - though being Leicester, I won’t fully relax until it’s done!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Ipswich finish second.

Even better, Leeds lose their next two, we win our next two and Ipswich lose their last 3!

The EFL announces our 10 point deduction will happens this season, but we win the league on GD despite the points deduction.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, I have decided this is too stressful.  Leeds draw at QPR, we are up with a nice 3-0 win against Preston.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

tbf its not even worth trying to predict stuff for the championship a this stage, so many up and down results,

as people have said already, it wouldnt shock anyone if QPR got something against Leeds, as thats just the way things have gone the past month, 

and certainly can see Ippy dropping points against Hull and Cov too

but its a massive guessing game at times, but it all changes so quick, as long as we win i dont care

I think West Brom have a very good chance in the play offs. They’ll beat Saints over two legs then they’ll play the 3rd placed team or Norwich. They’ve already beaten Ipswich and Leeds this season so won’t be afraid of them, and I honestly think they were the best team we’ve played all season on Saturday. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think West Brom have a very good chance in the play offs. They’ll beat Saints over two legs then they’ll play the 3rd placed team or Norwich. They’ve already beaten Ipswich and Leeds this season so won’t be afraid of them, and I honestly think they were the best team we’ve played all season on Saturday. 

Agree 100%. 

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

To be fair they were very good in their home game against us too. 

You would want to play Southampton 100% 

Edited by goose2010