Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

True. Hopefully they beat a fatigued Coventry at the weekend to secure their survival. 

Hopefully, but worse case and probable we may still need a result last game of season against Blackburn who could be playing for survival - just saying 🫣

6 minutes ago, Lestaz said:

Hopefully, but worse case and probable we may still need a result last game of season against Blackburn who could be playing for survival - just saying 🫣

There's a chance Huddersfield will still be in with a shot of survival last game vs Ipswich so we'll just have to deal with whatever we need to do Monday and then Saturday.

9 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Assuming we gained promotion who would you prefer to see get promoted with us?

Also who do you think would win the play offs .

Personally I'd like to see Ipswich join us and think West Brom could win the play offs.

I'd like Ipswich and West Brom. 

Don't mind if Southampton win the play offs. 

I just want us promoted and I'll accept anyone with us. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd like Ipswich and West Brom. 

Don't mind if Southampton win the play offs. 

I just want us promoted and I'll accept anyone with us. 

* apart from Leeds or Coventry.

Finished your post for you :thumbup:

• Like 2

Assuming Leeds win, an Ipswich loss is very useful for us, as it would effectively mean a point is all we would need from 2 games. The downside to Ipswich losing of course is that Leeds would probably go up automatically. All said and done we just need to win on Monday, and hope that Ipswich can condemn dirty Leeds to the play offs

37 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Could be a scenario if we draw with preston. A point for us and blackburn would be enough for us to gain promotion and blackburn avoid relaxation.

Avoid relaxation and avoiding relegation. Two very different ideas my friend lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Penny hasn't dropped on them that are in a forever cycle of cashing in on players every summer and have to rebuild their squad. 

They need to majorly improve their inconsistency. Not many teams for example have had three put past them by Birmingham, 

I know it's funny as it's Cov etc, but we're in and stuck in the same cycle. The mess we're in was caused by trying to break the cycle. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

The incredibly famous Second Tier pod have claimed we have had an underwhelming season :D

I actually wouldn't disagree. We've lost 10 times (with two games to go) – it'll make me sound like a toddler stomping their feet but that isn't great. 

We were on course for a phenomenal season but had a prolonged period of borderline relegation form.

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I know it's funny as it's Cov etc, but we're in and stuck in the same cycle. The mess we're in was caused by trying to break the cycle. 

Exactly that's why we have 'the knowledge'. As it stands every summer, they are going to have a contractural situation or a player kicking up because there's better interest. Same as us. 

They have to succeed now else this becomes the top of the 'journey' rather than the part of it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Langston said:

I actually wouldn't disagree. We've lost 10 times (with two games to go) – it'll make me sound like a toddler stomping their feet but that isn't great. 

This part they actually mentioned and I do agree that's not good enough with our squad but I often compare to what Burnley did last season and then you have to apply the context that the league this year is much more competitive and that's been echoed throughout the fans of the league, not just the biased top 4. Whoever finishes top will have done extremely well. We've won THIRTY games with 2 to go, its mad really.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

The incredibly famous Second Tier pod have claimed we have had an underwhelming season :D

I’m sure the record number of wins for a 2nd tier season is 31 - we’re on 30 with 2 games remaining. But apart from that it’s been underwhelming 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

This part they actually mentioned and I do agree that's not good enough with our squad but I often compare to what Burnley did last season and then you have to apply the context that the league this year is much more competitive and that's been echoed throughout the fans of the league, not just the biased top 4. Whoever finishes top will have done extremely well. We've won THIRTY games with 2 to go, its mad really.

Oh I'm not belittling or disparaging the achievement of promotion (should we go up), and I know there's some strong sides this season, but going that stretch in such rotten form, relative to the squad and money we spent in the summer, means it has been underwhelming by its very nature. Feels very much like par.

• Like 1