Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, danish_fox said:

To be fair, of the teams heading into playoffs (when Ipswich destroy the dreams in Leeds), Southampton is the team we have by far the best record against. Heading into next year with 6 points laying ready to pick up, must be the dream scenario! 

Apart from the relegation season when they did the double on us. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

2 new managers, where Enzo seems to have the absolute high ground. I'm gonna cheer for Southampton! 🤩🍾

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dynamark said:

For clarity he was threatening to smash my head against the urinal whilst I was busy using said item. Middle aged bloke  ?

Wow. He’s taking it well then.

So Huddersfield have now played the eventual champions on each of their first last four home games of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

Will Still to be new Sunderland manger/head coach

Interesting. Will they still get fined each match or has he passed his GCSE's now?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

If it wasn’t for Birmingham’s insane Eustace Rooney decision, Sunderland sacking Mowbray would have to be the stupidest managerial sacking for a while. 

Whilst that's true, Mowbray has had to step back from management because of his health. They'd have had to have found a new manager regardless. 

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Good appointment. They've got strong links with the French league already so could be a good combo.

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Will Still the guy who was on that amazing run who cost his club something like £20k a game due to no coaching badges, right ?

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Will Still the guy who was on that amazing run who cost his club something like £20k a game due to no coaching badges, right ?

Thank God that sort of thing wouldn't happen elsewhere :brendan:

On 01/05/2024 at 10:20, RonnieTodger said:

This should be fun. Wonder what song Kaiser Chiefs will finish with?

IMG_4206.jpeg

Ngl I reckon that Kasabian should invite Ed Sheeran to join them for a single song, make it Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

This probably isn't the best place yo put this so please move if needed.

I think this article and Shalke's current situation is worth a read and shows how clubs that are as/ more successful than us can have huge falls if not managed properly!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckr5yy29k82o

You could add Hamburg SV to that pot

On 30/04/2024 at 22:24, KansasFox said:

two east midlands?  Who?  Hope you don't mean Forest... we're trading places with them! 

Whilst I'd love forest to be relegated I can't see that happening.

On 30/04/2024 at 22:25, weller54 said:

2 East Midland PL teams?

Whilst I'd love forest to be relegated I can't see that happening. We had been promoted when I posted above hence two east midlands teams. 

On 02/05/2024 at 13:45, Lionator said:

If it wasn’t for Birmingham’s insane Eustace Rooney decision, Sunderland sacking Mowbray would have to be the stupidest managerial sacking for a while. 

I think I want Birmingham to go down out of those clubs in trouble and in danger down there.

Decisions like sacking Eustace and appointing Rooney need to get what they deserve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Ipswich, Leeds and Birmingham on Sky tomorrow. Are other matches on the red button?

i dont think so, although goals pretty much as they go in should be on soccer saturday

On 29/05/2023 at 06:14, whetstonefox said:

Think Ipswich might be a dark horse for promotion, momentum from promotion, good manager and ownership with a bit of money and from what I’ve read everyone pulling in the same direction.

😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1