Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

We have a very silly Leeds fan in my local who recently said some vey unpleasant things to me whilst in the gents

He is going to find his van beautifully decorated in Leicester  items when he goes home on Saturday in third,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dynamark said:

We have a very silly Leeds fan in my local who recently said some vey unpleasant things to me whilst in the gents

He is going to find his van beautifully decorated in Leicester  items when he goes home on Saturday in third,

Your shit is Leicester branded? Fair play 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Leeds SHOULD still win the play-offs. They're comfortably the best side in there. 

This is the thing, Leeds even at 6/10 should have enough to beat the rest of the teams in the play offs. They just have to be mildly competent 

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Leeds SHOULD still win the play-offs. They're comfortably the best side in there. 

I have no idea whether the threat of legal action against us if we breach PSR for this year too is plausible or not. However, if it is, wouldn't it be best for us if the team in 3rd spot wins the play-offs?

23 minutes ago, dynamark said:

“Whilst in the gents” feels like it needs some elaboration here?

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Leeds record in the playoffs is hilariously awful

Has to change at some point surely.

The teams in the playoffs are all in uttering mingin' form. It's too hard to call really. I think there'll be a reaction from one of Leeds or Southampton to get through to the final, possibly even both of them but then who knows how they fair at Wembley when the pressure really ramps up.

Hull are a curious one if they make the playoffs at West Brom's expense (or a huge goal difference swing with Norwich). They've been very suspect defensively of late but electric going forward and in better form than the rest.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Has to change at some point surely.

The teams in the playoffs are all in uttering mingin' form. It's too hard to call really. I think there'll be a reaction from one of Leeds or Southampton to get through to the final, possibly even both of them but then who knows how they fair at Wembley when the pressure really ramps up.

Hull are a curious one if they make the playoffs at West Brom's expense (or a huge goal difference swing with Norwich). They've been very suspect defensively of late but electric going forward and in better form than the rest.

tbf all of them in the play offs have, id say the one atm who hasnt is probably norwich but only just

• Like 1

Their fans on that horrid forum, reckon they are 200m in debt and have a 70m bill coming imminently. If this is true (dubious) then how can they not be in financial trouble too?

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Their fans on that horrid forum, reckon they are 200m in debt and have a 70m bill coming imminently. If this is true (dubious) then how can they not be in financial trouble too?

They seem to be OK in regards to PSR but not in terms of cash flow. Usually one follows the other but not always. Suppose the owners can loan them funds for cash flow, it's for PSR that owners can't pump money in for wages and transfers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Leeds have been out of form for the last 5 games getting 4 points from a possible 15.  The play-offs are notoriously difficult & not playing well going in makes it even harder.

I would very much like to see them get beaten !!

• Like 1

amazing when you look on social media how rattled some leeds fans are by our celebrations and that, they love to give it but cant take it

also in regards leeds and money, PSR they look fine but FFP, they owe nearly £200mil in unpaid transfer fees.i couldnt be wrong

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is this true? That is quite something if so! The EPL is far more brand/money centric so it is unsurprising that those with the biggest following get the most air time. Even if it is totally disagreeable.

Yep.

I think its about time, as logically air time serves to increase following and commercial opportunities, a closed loop.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/24274402.watford-23-league-games-live-sky-next-season/

However, the new deal is aimed at giving more parity around teams featured, thus trying to avoid the situation this season where Leeds have had in excess of 30 league games shown live.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf all of them in the play offs have, id say the one atm who hasnt is probably norwich but only just

yet i felt like norwich were one of the worst teams we played. Definitely would have been my pick to play. 

West brom were really dangerous against us and i have my fingers crossed they will be able to see off leeds and southampton. 

Edited by Lambert09

To be fair, of the teams heading into playoffs (when Ipswich destroy the dreams in Leeds), Southampton is the team we have by far the best record against. Heading into next year with 6 points laying ready to pick up, must be the dream scenario! 

9 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

amazing when you look on social media how rattled some leeds fans are by our celebrations and that, they love to give it but cant take it

also in regards leeds and money, PSR they look fine but FFP, they owe nearly £200mil in unpaid transfer fees.i couldnt be wrong

Yeah I'd heard that they something like £179million. They basically pulled out the credit card. They've got to pay it all back sometime, so could find themselves in some financial hot water.

12 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

They have a few decent assets to sell. 

Selling Gray and Summerville would probably bring in around 70m. 

14 hours ago, Dunge said:

“Whilst in the gents” feels like it needs some elaboration here?

For clarity he was threatening to smash my head against the urinal whilst I was busy using said item. Middle aged bloke  ?