Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Pitchfork. FFS

I don't understand how they can claim he no longer poses a risk after he was put back in 2 years ago. They will have blood on their hands. 

Also making out like he's some little old man. He's 63 not 85. He's more than capable of killing more. 

• Like 1

Absolute madness.  I am one of those pinko liberals who advocate for rehabilitation to be at the forefront of justice as I believe long term it benefits society as a whole to have less reoffending.  

However, there are quite clearly some people, repeat violent sexual offenders and serial killers at the top of the list, who should never be allowed back into civilised society. 

He will be back in prison soon enough and let's just hope it's for a relatively minor breach of his parole and not after a tragedy.   

• Like 3

He should never have been let out in the first place. But for the 'he's had his chance two years ago' folk it's worth noting that according to the article this decision has been based on the decision to recall him originally being flawed. It's a sin that they didn't throw away the key though.

Edited by Mark_w

3 hours ago, Mich-ol said:

Ridiculous decision. The Parole Board need to be accountable should he reoffend or even approach a female. The families of the victims should have a say in what happens to him

People which have an emotional interest quite rightly don't have a decision on these matters. 

N.B. I'm in no way defending what he did.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He was only released the other year before he started approaching young women and got recalled.

I don't suppose this justice system ever seems to learn.

I read the article. And I stress I have no time for the man. But the parole breach was clearly a trumped up charge. That awful man Raab making the decision. 

It seems he'd spoken to one girl, outside the probation office. An ' incident' he himself volunteered. The litter picking as a ruse to meet girls in Parks was seemingly just actually litter picking. The counter measures against a polygraph test were unfounded. And reading between the lines, his confrontational manner with his probation officer may well have been exasperation at these breach allegations. 

He's a twat. But I don't like the likes of Raab playing judge jury and executioner either. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Otis said:

People which have an emotional interest quite rightly don't have a decision on these matters. 

Indeed.

Just to turn that on its head however; I wonder if any of the parole board members would have come to a different decision if it had been their own daughter that had had their life taken in just about the most vile circumstances by this totally reprehensible creature?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed.

Just to turn that on its head however; I wonder if any of the parole board members would have come to a different decision if it had been their own daughter that had had their life taken in just about the most vile circumstances by this totally reprehensible creature?

Most likely yes.

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed.

They wouldn't have been on the board. It's independent.

• 3 weeks later...

I was and am against the death penalty and any vindictive treatment of any offender. But I believe that society, in the form of its law enforcing processes, has to ensure that people like Pitchfork never, ever are given the opportunity to commit such crimes again. Imprisonment on a permanent basis is that insurance. Society can never be 100% sure that that kernel of potential violence is entirely suppressed.

However I heard a Radio 4 programme on various South Sea island communities regarding their responses to antisocial behaviour. One chieftain/headman said that such offenders were subject to lecturing and discussion about why their behaviour was wrong and had to change. The interviewer said that he asked the headman what happened in the case of men (predominantly men and predominantly young) who would not change their behaviour. "We kill them", he said.

There's a recognition in that statement that society must recognise when an individual is incapable of changing behaviour which appears to be too hardwired to change.

"His behaviour for almost all of that time [in prison] has not caused any concern" 

I mean, he's a raper and murderer of specifically young girls. It's hardly like there's going to be a lot of young girls wandering around prison to test his resolve? 

They let him out before and immediately he started demonstrating he was still (shock of shocks) a fvcking creep around young girls. 

The first thirty or whatever years he was in prison didn't reform him but they've fixed him in the last two?