Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

M’Bala Nzola

https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/16/leicester-city-linked-with-serie-a-striker-who-they-view-as-potential-vardy-replacement-release-clause-known/

Leicester City are in the race to sign Spezia striker M’Bala Nzola, who the Foxes view as a potential replacement for Jamie Vardy, per reports.
Leicester City and Vardy could be saying an emotional farewell this summer. The iconic Leicester City man is out of contract next year and so his future remains up in the air, and reports coming out of Europe have revealed that Leicester are eyeing up potential replacements should he leave.

Independent Italian outlet Spezia 1906 (via Sport Witness) has revealed that the Foxes are among those interested in striker Nzola, who scored 13 goals in Serie A for Spezia last season, despite his side’s eventual relegation from the Italian top flight.

Spezia 1906’s report says that Fiorentina are keen, as well as teams in the Premier League along with Leicester City, with the report stating that the Foxes could move if Vardy ‘leaves immediately’.

Nzola has a release clause for €10million.

A good signing?
Nzola certainly boasted a good record in Serie A last season, despite his side’s lowly league finish.

But with interest from top clubs in Italy and from the Premier league too, this seems like a very ambitious transfer pursuit for the Foxes.

And this apparent release clause might yet be out of their summer transfer budget now that they’re a Champisonhip side, so it remains to be seen if the interest is genuine.

What’s more is that Vardy could yet play a key role for Leicester next season. He remains a player with pedigree and in the Championship, he could be a very dangerous outlet for the Foxes as they vie for an immediate return to the Premier League.

Firstly though, Leicester need a new boss, and that looks set to be Enzo Maresca.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Signed him for Bochum on FM. He was very much like a Vardy. So that's proof enough.

I watched Spezia's game at the weekend as it happens and he took an absolutely abysmal penalty lol 

Heard he's decent

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is it me, or does he spent 90% of his time beating a player and then falling over? 

I like the look of him. Exactly what we need up top. Holding the ball up for daka and vards running in behind. 

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Like Daka then but with the beating a player bit.

I genuinely think that if another poster was as persistently toxic about one of our players as you are about Daka, you'd call them out on it. 

I get you don't rate Daka but it seems like every other post of yours is a dig. It's a bit weird. I'd maybe get it if he was objectively Ghezzal levels of rubbish but even you can't possibly think that. 

Leave being a cvnt to guys like TrentFox that can't help it. You're normally better than that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is it me, or does he spent 90% of his time beating a player and then falling over? 

Is it me, or is this just another meaningless 'highlights' video with some very, very shit music over the top? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely think that if another poster was as persistently toxic about one of our players as you are about Daka, you'd call them out on it. 

I get you don't rate Daka but it seems like every other post of yours is a dig. It's a bit weird. I'd maybe get it if he was objectively Ghezzal levels of rubbish but even you can't possibly think that. 

Leave being a cvnt to guys like TrentFox that can't help it. You're normally better than that. 

Tbf honestly that post was part joke, I think one of my last post's in the Daka thread was supportive of his quick throws.

By the time the new season comes I'll be over all the players and it'll be a clean sheet for everyone under a new manager for me.

• Like 1