Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

Thought that was the best I’ve seen him in a city shirt last night. With vesty (who was excellent again) missing the next two games I think he will come straight in. Nelson looked good when he came on too. It will be interesting to see what he does with Doyle and whether Souttar makes the squad. We have to keep the defence tight over the next run of games. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Thought that was the best I’ve seen him in a city shirt last night. With vesty (who was excellent again) missing the next two games I think he will come straight in. Nelson looked good when he came on too. It will be interesting to see what he does with Doyle and whether Souttar makes the squad. We have to keep the defence tight over the next run of games. 

Yes, Even Doyle was much better last night. That must win header on the back post reminded me of Simson at his best.

I think Enzo will play Coady for his leadership qualities along with Faes against QPR. Then bring Nelson on second half.

We should have enough to beat QPR comfortably on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, Even Doyle was much better last night. That must win header on the back post reminded me of Simson at his best.

I think Enzo will play Coady for his leadership qualities along with Faes against QPR. Then bring Nelson on second half.

We should have enough to beat QPR comfortably on Saturday.

I’m not so much worried about QPR but Tuesday night away against Sunderland. The latter are a bit of a jeckel and Hyde club and they were good against us earlier in the season. That said I think if we defend well on Saturday I’d be tempted to make minimal changes in defence before the Sunderland game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I’m not so much worried about QPR but Tuesday night away against Sunderland. The latter are a bit of a jeckel and Hyde club and they were good against us earlier in the season. That said I think if we defend well on Saturday I’d be tempted to make minimal changes in defence before the Sunderland game.

Like Enzo said we'll need the whole squad before the seasons out. These couple of games with Vesty out is a perfect time to play Coady and assess how he does.

Then Enzo will have a choice when Vesty is available again.

• Like 1

Best game last night.

Also great to hear him speak of they're believing in going for the FA Cup again. Exactly what I want to hear, which my point yesterday on here, non of this "rolling over" rubbish that some of our fans wanted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southfox66 said:

I thought it was a better partnership than Faes, Vesty seemed a lot more comfortable yesterday 

I think this is because Coady will leave Vestergaard a lot less exposed to what Faes does. 

• Like 3

we have a side desperately lacking in leadership and we continually chose not to play a true natural leader, Nelson would benefit so much for playing next to Coady over Wout

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He needs to be in Faes is a ****ing liability. Can't stand the wanky haired twat. We need quality experienced pros. 

That’s very harsh on Faes, he was the better of the 2 centre halves today. 

The irony is I'm not a massive fan. He's a steady Eddie. But an ultra experienced, natural leader is absolutely the type of fella you need to replace one of our best players. 

As someone else said, the decision to play a promising kid ahead of him is mystifying and to Coady,. insulting 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The irony is I'm not a massive fan. He's a steady Eddie. But an ultra experienced, natural leader is absolutely the type of fella you need to replace one of our best players. 

As someone else said, the decision to play a promising kid ahead of him is mystifying and to Coady,. insulting 

Nelson over Coady next to Vesty is one thing, next to Faes is the issue