Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

43 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Nelson did well but Coady was bought for his leadership and when you're in this sort of a run you need that on the pitch not the bench. With Ndidi, Ricky and Vesty all missing we need a calm head and someone to give everyone's heads a wobble.

If he doesn't start at Sunderland, someone needs to ask Enzo why. Same if Daka starts again. Why? Back to basics and get us winning again.

Coady Albrighton and Vardy all have to start the next 2 for me. We're on the verge of an all mighty collapse.

In Coady you have a player that captained Wolves to get them promoted, and Vardys been part of a promotion team , as well as being a formidable winner with us alongside Albrighton.

Has to be experience over youth until the end of the season now.

Shocked he didn't start today.

Thought it'd be Coady or Doyle.

Hadn't even considered Nelson starting.

Nelson didn't do alot wrong, thought he was decent, but ultimately we were largely in agreement when Coady signed that he was exactly the type of player we needed along with his leadership and personality, everything you need when you're in the trenches.

There were comments made he's unhappy, he played really well on Tuesday and then gets dropped again. Poor management.

• Like 2

Can only assume he wanted him for Sunderland and he'd played 120 minutes at Bournemouth, he's barely played this year so he'll be lacking match fitness.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can only assume he wanted him for Sunderland and he'd played 120 minutes at Bournemouth, he's barely played this year so he'll be lacking match fitness.

Play the game in front of you with your best team available. Coady is in that in my opinion, even more so with big Jan missing 

Don’t think Coady is better than other options in terms of footballing ability, but I think he has to play every game he’s fit for until the end of the season. We need his leadership on the pitch. It’s critical. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Sick of Faes now. Coady needs to replace him to provide leadership and composure. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of this wooly haird twat,  I honestly don't get why he's on the team sheet. I'm convinced if we play a better defender, we don't conceed today or against boro. I'd have Coady and Souttar I guarantee that gets you a clean sheet but I suppose we would be missing the 675 passes between centre backs.

• Like 1

It's a funny one in the sense that usually when someone doesn't play like this, when it's obviously crying out for them, it's down to something behind the scenes that we will never learn about - a bit like Cags with Rodgers. 

What's bizarre is that we know Coady is the ultimate professional and Enzo had already noted this when Coady was travelling with the squad to away games when injured. Every time I see him on the subs bench he looks 100% committed to the cause and behaves in the way you'd expect from him. 

The only thing I can put this down to is a bit of inexperience on Enzo's side. Perhaps he's been so focused on stats and his philosophy he's totally not considered the thing that is hard to measure - having leadership and experience on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm wouldn't have Nelson anywhere near the team right now. There's a time and a place for blooding  raw kids and blowing an 'unassailable' 15 point lead at the top isn't it. 

Would take some mental gymnastics to pin the drop in our points lead on Nelson to be honest 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would take some mental gymnastics to pin the drop in our points lead on Nelson to be honest 

Badly worded on my part. I meant for Nelson's own protection and also, as talented as he appears to be, he's not the answer to dig us out of a hole. It's unfair to load that on him. 

We have senior pros paid a fortune that can get us up. Let them do what they are paid to do 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, iancognito said:

Nelson did well but Coady was bought for his leadership and when you're in this sort of a run you need that on the pitch not the bench. With Ndidi, Ricky and Vesty all missing we need a calm head and someone to give everyone's heads a wobble.

If he doesn't start at Sunderland, someone needs to ask Enzo why. Same if Daka starts again. Why? Back to basics and get us winning again.

Great post 

While Ricardo and Vesty are out I'd be playing:

Choudhury, Faas, Coady, Justin. 

Hamza moves onto Midfield when we have the ball which puts Coady in the middle of 3 defenders.

I don't think Faas is a Central Defender in a 3 as he is to aggressive and presses to high. When you look at QPRs first goal it was because Faas had the backline to high up the pitch. 

Another thought... Justin was often our spare man yesterday. He found himself in space many times towards the end of the game with the ball at his feet. We saw his weakness. He couldn't play his game and drive with the ball. He was forced to try and play defence splitting balls. I thought he could have even had a go. I couldn't help but think we'd missed a trick by not getting Doyle on with 20mins to go. Yes we'd have lost some pace at the back but we were losing anyway. 

I agree with the calls for experience. I'd have Vardy and Albrighton prepared to come on second half. Albrighton can finish (an attribute often overlooked) plus his relationship with Vardy can buy you a goal every 3 games with his early balls into the box.

• Like 1