Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

30 minutes ago, jamfox said:

No sure if this has been posted ?   but pop'ed up on my YouTube  

Come across as such a top bloke. I hope he’s right that the club see it as more of a long term change than trying to get immediate results. Need to be at least amongst the play offs but it’s clear this kind of football will take time, not just in the first team but it needs to be implemented throughout the club to see and gain from the bigger picture going forwards. This is how we’ll be revived and learn to compete again. I’m excited.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Same here!

One thing that is hard to judge is the relative comparable level of the teams. Take Patson Daka for example, he was utterly prolific in Austria, but how close is the Austrian league level to the Premier League / Championship. You don't really know till they come over and play here. So it's possible that our team has players that are levels above anyone in this division, or we might find out the gap is closer than we thought. Blackburn in the cup last year was very humbling, they didn't just beat us they outplayed us, but that was at a time when morale was low and Rodgers had seemingly lost the plot.

Don't forget some of your theories are made up from a couple of pre-season kick around games that might not have any bearing on Enzo major plans.

We are all wanting to summise and assume,on thoughts we or pundits are creating...

Over the seasons I love yours & couple of others tactic-spots,but I would love you to hold back until the first few games then make a short collective/collage.,

where in the past I find you top of putting also those small strings of games together..It's too early IMO to pop up singular games. Even Enzo ( any manager) has to live off also the failed dregs,before they feel confident to even believe the well created positives that only they will see..

It's his & our start into the unknown, uncontrollable hiccups are inevitable, it's upto us the fans to give space & patience. One never knows something clicks and we hit the ground running...but I find not the first single games important but rather the first small collective thereof..Then you can build from there...

Just on tactical set up,there will be twists and turns deep into the season ,plus Enzo's slight changes of thought and tact..

We are not talking about a Christmas wrapped end packet...We have not yet chosen or cut the Christmas tree,so the various packets are of unknown quantities..

Summising ,assuming can lead to the wrong road or train of thought..Let's see a  small sprinkling of those hard thoughts first,before we slobber ourselves into frustration..

Edited by fuchsntf

On 03/08/2023 at 21:47, LinekersLugs said:

But that system more than any other system only works when ever part of the movement is trying to the max, a single weak Point leaves it ruthlessly exposed 

is every part of our squad reliable on to give its all ?  do they all trust the manager ?, do they believe in his backroom ? will they give that total commitment needed to make this philosophy work ? 

this is a fascinating time for Enzo and his philosophy… he took a gamble coming here, I hope we give him at least 2 seasons to rebuild 

those expecting promotion as a minimum this season are not countenancing the mess our club has become 

there is a virus in this club and the vaccine hasn’t been found yet 

Football is about many things, build up, looking pretty is one thing, but the game isnt just about passing it around, its fundamentally about what happens at both ends of the pitch, goals.

So in terms if giving the manager time, for me its given providing we are (a) in a promotion fight, (b) not in a promotion fight but not in danger of relegation and there is clear progress been made as the season goes on.

The reason people lost patience with the last manager was we were not clear of relegation and we were actually progressively getting worse, so giving a manager time is usually conditional.

We also have to realise the financial reality, we not in the same situation as someone like Coventry who dont have a ticking time bomb of parachute payments, pay day loans to pay off and a need to maintain the exposure of the club that will be lost following the loss of EPL coverage, thats going to be a factor in some way, in terms of urgency of getting promoted again quickly.

So for me the two points I made, if we dont get promoted but either of the points apply, then I will give him time.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Football is about many things, build up, looking pretty is one thing, but the game isnt just about passing it around, its fundamentally about what happens at both ends of the pitch, goals.

So in terms if giving the manager time, for me its given providing we are (a) in a promotion fight, (b) not in a promotion fight but not in danger of relegation and there is clear progress been made as the season goes on.

The reason people lost patience with the last manager was we were not clear of relegation and we were actually progressively getting worse, so giving a manager time is usually conditional.

We also have to realise the financial reality, we not in the same situation as someone like Coventry who dont have a ticking time bomb of parachute payments, pay day loans to pay off and a need to maintain the exposure of the club that will be lost following the loss of EPL coverage, thats going to be a factor in some way, in terms of urgency of getting promoted again quickly.

So for me the two points I made, if we dont get promoted but either of the points apply, then I will give him time.

That’s a fair enough benchmark 

but there is a virus at the club …. Let’s hope he has a vaccine for it 

• Like 1

He's saying all the right things for me, he seems so misaligned with the rest of the club. The hire makes less and less sense the more I hear him speak. It just feels like he actually gets it and his standards are going to dwarf that of the hierarchy.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's saying all the right things for me, he seems so misaligned with the rest of the club. The hire makes less and less sense the more I hear him speak. It just feels like he actually gets it and his standards are going to dwarf that of the hierarchy.

Good, I feel like he is going to be similar to Pearson, have high standards and not be afraid to challenge the club when it’s needed, what is good and will certainly help in relation to challenging the status quo, is the fact the players really seem to like him and are buying into his project, if we can get off to a decent start and he can build momentum, which in turn will make him popular with the fanbase then it will hopefully give him an opportunity to influence more areas of the club that need to step up their game. 

Funny whilst Rodgers is a power monkey and unfortunately has poor judgement in the people he surrounds himself with such as Congerton, you do begin to wonder if even he could see, for a club with ambitions of challenging the big 6, that certain areas of the club  still had that mentality of a lower level club. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Good. Might put the rocket up their arse that they need

Seems like our new look system will rely heavily on wink and Ricardo - both have pretty sketchy injury records. If both are out who comes in? I think already our XI looks good on paper, need some more depth on key areas. Let’s see what happens, good luck Enzo 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That’s why he’s a great hire but also why it could go wrong. Rodgers got given a lot of control by the end of his tenure, perhaps if Maresca is given the same, it will have a big impact. This is a guy who knows exactly what a well run operation looks like from top to bottom. Man City don’t just have a top team, they have a great academy, scouting, etc. The problem as we all know is Rudkin…

• Like 1

HMS

P         I         S         S

T                               H                            E

L            E              A              G            U               E 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I think that he will get time on match days from the fans. We saw the patience during the dying months of the Rodgers era. It's going to need to be pretty bad before we get the end of match boo's which is about as far as it'll get. 

They'll be moaning and knee-jerking on here and other forums but that won't spill over to the non-vocal majority. 

It's all set up for him here. We wanted a reset and I think we have it. I'm on board. 

Good luck, Enzo. 

If we lose tomorrow the booing will come out, 100%. I think the majority of our fans were as deluded as our board in the last months of our Premier League adventure. 

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

That’s a fair enough benchmark 

but there is a virus at the club …. Let’s hope he has a vaccine for it 

I assume that you say this with a certain degree of insight. In which case, what interests me is, if this is known within the sport, how are we still able to attract Maresca - or do you think he is here in spite of this alleged 'virus'?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Seems like our new look system will rely heavily on wink and Ricardo - both have pretty sketchy injury records. If both are out who comes in? I think already our XI looks good on paper, need some more depth on key areas. Let’s see what happens, good luck Enzo 

Well, as it stands - the depth chart seems to be something along the lines of:  Wink, Hamza...   Ricardo, Justin.  Quite the drop off, but Hamza did seem to play the system even if not to Winks' standard, JJ in his brief cameo looked, as usual, rather lost.  Long term, I guess it would be: Wink, Braybrooke...

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

HMS

P         I         S         S

T                               H                            E

L            E              A              G            U               E 

When players say Guardiola opened up their eyes to a new way of playing football... I feel like that is this moment for me.

Look at this formation, the symmetry, the beauty. It's the e=MC2 of football. This is the cutting edge analysis this thread was created for! Bravo sir!

• Like 1