Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

2 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Realistically speaking there’s no way Ward would accept any of the offers that would come his way, he’s never going to earn even remotely close to what he’s earning in Leicester, and clearly from his resume, he doesn’t give a toss about playing time either.

I assume we'd have to come to an arrangement where we pay off 80% of his wages or something.

I'd rather do that than have him on our books, gives me PTSD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think Iversen would be a lot more then that. Probably 5 million plus

Very much doubt it. Probably less than half. £1.5/£2mill. Keepers don’t fetch as much, clearly unwanted by us. Not very ‘fashionable’. Will have still made money on him from when he joined though.

We never get much for our unwanted players so we won’t suddenly get £5mill plus.

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Very much doubt it. Probably less than half. £1.5/£2mill. Keepers don’t fetch as much, clearly unwanted by us. Not very ‘fashionable’. Will have still made money on him from when he joined though.

We never get much for our unwanted players so we won’t suddenly get £5mill plus.

Plus weak distribution is a major issue for most teams who can spend 5 mil on a keeper. I think £2mil too

31 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I know this is sarcasm, but couldn't we tell from the preseason friendlies that Iversen was the correct choice? 

The penalty shootout in the first cup game definitely made it obvious. 

Exactly, but we were told by plenty that we should trust Brendan because he saw them in training.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cardiff and Swansea are weak in the goalkeeper department and both have new managers too.

Think Cardiff can only loan or sign free agents 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

whos to say Iversen is unwanted....(dont get me wrong he'll probably want to go now MH is coming)

it wouldnt shock me if someone like Luton or Sheff Utd came in for him, i personally do think we'll get over £2mil for him

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

whos to say Iversen is unwanted....(dont get me wrong he'll probably want to go now MH is coming)

it wouldnt shock me if someone like Luton or Sheff Utd came in for him, i personally do think we'll get over £2mil for him

I really think he'd be an astute signing for Luton. A cheap option, hungry to prove himself, and an incredible shot stopper who can play in the Premier League.

Not to mention that we have a good working relationship with Luton, after the KDH loan and the Justin deal.

Edited by Verumex

41 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Think Cardiff can only loan or sign free agents 

Surely, then, we release Ward from his contract 'by mutual consent' and cardiff get a genuine welsh hero!

30 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I really think he'd be an astute signing for Luton. A cheap option, hungry to prove himself, and an incredible shot stopper who can play in the Premier League.

Not to mention that we have a good working relationship with Luton, after the KDH loan and the Justin deal.

Incredible shot stopper? I think he’s decent but wouldn’t go that far, he’s had a few blunders himself too.

28 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Luton would be a great fit for Iversen to be fair. They are looking for a keeper. He’d be more than likely a number 1 in the premier league for them, and if they do go down they’d have a solid keeper proven in the championship between the sticks for them. 

If he is good enough for Luton , why isn't he good enough for us? Hermansen is 3" shorter as well. That is not critical but with height goes weight and Iversen is a big man. Kasper was often caught out by height in the box. If Souttar is a fixture in defense it lessens the problem but if Coady is put in with Doyle alone ,I can see trouble.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he is good enough for Luton , why isn't he good enough for us? Hermansen is 3" shorter as well. That is not critical but with height goes weight and Iversen is a big man. Kasper was often caught out by height in the box. If Souttar is a fixture in defense it lessens the problem but if Coady is put in with Doyle alone ,I can see trouble.

well Iversen isnt as good with his distribution, and hes shown that, well dont forget keeper can use their hands in the area and when Kasper was caught out it would usually be because it would be something stupid like not coming for the ball or a player wasnt marked in the area 

Hermansen has more potential for us, better with his feet, good shotstopper too

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Ward to Wrexham where he hails from and League 2 might be his level

I'm not sure what level Ward is! Having watched him in far too many games than I wished I had last season, I have absolutely no idea how he has made it as a professional goalkeeper.

He doesn't even look like a goalkeeper. 

His positioning is shocking more often than not, and for some reason, he seems to make himself smaller rather than bigger when faced with a shot or a one on one. 

I said it the other week, and I wasn't even joking, when I said that I wouldntvl even want him if I was a Coalville fan.

• Like 2

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I think at this level he’s good enough for us, but clearly we want a keeper who is also good with his feet as well, and from what two lots of managerial teams have seen so far, they don’t believe he can perform to the required standard. He in their view isn’t good enough for how we want to play. That doesn’t make him a bad goalkeeper however. Luton aren’t as reliant on that as we are. I believe they are more direct which means Iversen can make the best of his skill set. Luton won’t be spending vast sums even though they’ve gone up, so Iversen would hypothetically be an affordable addition for them with some premier league experience and could be relied on if they were relegated. That’s why I could see it being a good fit if Luton were interested