Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Even if it's £10m, sell, sell, sell. We already had our fingers burnt trying to hold out for more. He'll still be on big money, he's a saleable asset and he'll never be the player we wanted him to be.

I'd sell for £8m. It's not about the loss on fee anymore, it's about getting his substantial wage off the books, for what it turns out is a player that is mediocre at best in every department.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The transfer might seem random, but Napoli took Ndombele on loan from Tottenham last season, despite him having a terrible time in England. If the manager already knows / rates the player, I could see it having legs.

Eric Choupa-Mouting went from relegated Stoke to play for both PSG and Bayern Munich!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The transfer might seem random, but Napoli took Ndombele on loan from Tottenham last season, despite him having a terrible time in England. If the manager already knows / rates the player, I could see it having legs.

Eric Choupa-Mouting went from relegated Stoke to play for both PSG and Bayern Munich!

Zambo-Anguissa looked very good in the Napoli games I watched last season and Fulham fans said he struggled with the pace of the PL. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned him there for a year with an option to buy to get him off the wage bill. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can definitely see there being egg on a few faces if he goes there. 

Because it's Napoli?

Or because we've written him off here? He's had two years, it's not like we haven't given him a fair crack - He's been woeful. 

• Like 3

Clearly a footballer in there, somewhere. Is it a Premier League one? .. it didn't look like it which is extremely unfortunate. 

I'd have liked to have kept him in the hope he did at some stage reach his potential but it doesn't look like that'll be with us. If we can get decent money for him and re-invest (wisely - no guarantee with us, but this year is starting to look different) then we're best off getting him gone.

When it's all said and done though, you don't go to the Serie A Champions off the back of a relegation if you don't have something. Shame he didn't show it regularly here. 

• Like 1

Might well be alright for us in the Championship but not sure I would want us to potentially waste more time on him in the Prem again if we go back up when he hasn't really shown anything for 2 seasons

Just try and get a decent fee out of Napoli rather than loaning him

Be interesting to see if he played against Leuven today as well

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's been poor, I absolutely don't deny that. I don't begrudge anyone wanting to sell him, it hasn't worked out. I'd say he's been as disappointing a signing as the likes of Kramaric really. 

Whilst I do think there's a very real chance Maresca could get a tune out of him and I do think Rodgers has played a significant part in his failure here, I'm totally happy to just write him off and sell him. Cut our losses, fair play. 

But I also think the overreaction to how "bad" he is has been flat out ridiculous. Extremely black and white thinking with no perspective, no nuance, just "yeah he's a pub footballer mate he's shit" and "he can't even do the basics, can't pass" and "he's just lazy doesn't do owt."

I can very well see him going to Napoli and a lot of people looking on quite embarrassed when it turns out that, what do you know, when a player is in a positive environment, in a good team, well coached, in a system that fits him (because he'd be absolutely perfect as cover for Anguissa) he'll thrive. 

You're talking about a French league champion and u21 international that came here highly regarded in his home country. He's quite clearly not shit, is he. It just hasn't worked out here. 

Agreed about him at times having OTT comments but as some posts state about Bouba, his lack of application is inexcusable and there are enough examples of him strolling around in areas of a pitch that you wouldn’t see in a much lower level.

No ill feelings towards him, as I don’t know the guy but I would be happy for us to make some of our money back and move on.

Just now, Finnegan said:

He's been poor, I absolutely don't deny that. I don't begrudge anyone wanting to sell him, it hasn't worked out. I'd say he's been as disappointing a signing as the likes of Kramaric really. 

Whilst I do think there's a very real chance Maresca could get a tune out of him and I do think Rodgers has played a significant part in his failure here, I'm totally happy to just write him off and sell him. Cut our losses, fair play. 

But I also think the overreaction to how "bad" he is has been flat out ridiculous. Extremely black and white thinking with no perspective, no nuance, just "yeah he's a pub footballer mate he's shit" and "he can't even do the basics, can't pass" and "he's just lazy doesn't do owt."

I can very well see him going to Napoli and a lot of people looking on quite embarrassed when it turns out that, what do you know, when a player is in a positive environment, in a good team, well coached, in a system that fits him (because he'd be absolutely perfect as cover for Anguissa) he'll thrive. 

You're talking about a French league champion and u21 international that came here highly regarded in his home country. He's quite clearly not shit, is he. It just hasn't worked out here. 

Not only that, almost every single player has been below expectations the last year or two, so whatever was the cause was inevitably going to have an effect on new signings like Bouba too, but by all means sell him, get some cash and reinvest, lets just not lose any sense of perspective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fair enough and I do see what you mean. Saying he's a pub footballer is a bit silly and he certainly has pedigree. But saying Maresca could get a tune out of him is also a bit silly! :D

I never watched him pre-Leicester, so I can only judge what I've seen...and I don't think he's had a single good game here. Even the Wolves game at home which people mention as being one of his best, I thought he was just average.

He's clearly available yet there is zero chance a Prem team will come in for him - I suppose it might be that he's just not suited to football in this country, who knows.

Either way, he needs to go.