Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You're probably right. I think it was his passing and keeping the ball moving/progression that were supposedly his strengths in France. 

I remember upon his arrival Rodgers saying that he wanted him to be more box to box and score more goals. He also then played him as a defensive midfielder, both according to the write up, his weaknesses! Sometimes a player that remains in and around that centre circle area of the pitch can be a great asset like Deschamps or Busquets for example (not directly comparing him to them at all). I think he'll have a decent career somewhere though not reach those heights. It's not a glamorous or eye catching role but in the right system, a very important one. I don't think that would be on Maresca's wish list though from what I've seen or understood so far. 

To be fair to the haters, as a 'maestro' in the centre, his reactions and vision were way for the prem, given time he might have picked it up, those last several games, e was chasing, and he seemed very strong, but I don't think he'll ever play prem football

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 03:33, volpeazzurro said:

You're probably right. I think it was his passing and keeping the ball moving/progression that were supposedly his strengths in France. 

I remember upon his arrival Rodgers saying that he wanted him to be more box to box and score more goals. He also then played him as a defensive midfielder, both according to the write up, his weaknesses! Sometimes a player that remains in and around that centre circle area of the pitch can be a great asset like Deschamps or Busquets for example (not directly comparing him to them at all). I think he'll have a decent career somewhere though not reach those heights. It's not a glamorous or eye catching role but in the right system, a very important one. I don't think that would be on Maresca's wish list though from what I've seen or understood so far. 

It was terrible scouting again though as he has only scored 1 professional goal in his entire career so far and it's not like he makes a load of chances. You might get away with that in France but he doesn't seem to have any stats that suggest he can play as anything other than a defensive midfielder and he can't play there either. I don't know what he actually is other than a really poor CM by every possible metric other than occasionally he breaks lines but even then all you can hope for is he gives it to someone that can actually play. 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 13:24, Dahnsouff said:

As the driveway of Seagrave lies littered with the ACLs and impact injuries of pro’s young and old and the building itself dark menacing and aflame, I fully expect Jannik to rise from the rubble without a scratch on him proudly holding aloft his new 4 year contract.

*ACLgrave

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

It was terrible scouting again though as he has only scored 1 professional goal in his entire career so far and it's not like he makes a load of chances. You might get away with that in France but he doesn't seem to have any stats that suggest he can play as anything other than a defensive midfielder and he can't play there either. I don't know what he actually is other than a really poor CM by every possible metric other than occasionally he breaks lines but even then all you can hope for is he gives it to someone that can actually play. 

They should have sacked Dechamps and Busquets off for not scoring goals too then if that's the qualification? Neither is he a defensive midfielder. Do you only get two types then?

Did Rodgers ever try him where his supposed best position and talents lay? I think you'll find the answer is no. I'm not saying he'd have been a world beater at all but if you only ever play a young player sporadically and even then out of position you'll reap what you sow. Hardly confidence building. Whilst we're at it we could play Vestergaard in a high line and Daka as a loan striker to see if we could really balls things up 🤣. Oops we did.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They should have sacked Dechamps and Busquets off for not scoring goals too then if that's the qualification? Neither is he a defensive midfielder. Do you only get two types then?

Did Rodgers ever try him where his supposed best position and talents lay? I think you'll find the answer is no. I'm not saying he'd have been a world beater at all but if you only ever play a young player sporadically and even then out of position you'll reap what you sow. Hardly confidence building. Whilst we're at it we could play Vestergaard in a high line and Daka as a loan striker to see if we could really balls things up 🤣. Oops we did.

so he is basically the love child of Harry Winks and KDH is what they are saying right?

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Deschamps was one of the best defensive midfielders of all time and Busquests was a magician playing in the kind of role we have Winks in. Anyway, that aside, I know what you mean. Signing a player like him then playing him in a totally different position was terrible management and typical Rodgers. If Soumare ever had a chance of making it with us he wasn't given a chance to show it and it's too late now. Signing him in the first place was a mistake if we weren't going to play him in the same position he played at Lille but anyway what's done is done. He isn’t happy here and he needs to go somewhere else, he may do much better in a league like the Italian league. If he could get a move back to France that would probably be the best move for him to settle again but he won't get the wages. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

...even now some appear not to have understood what he was about in his game!!!

There has been enough post of what he brings and we were made aware of what to expect by a French journalist who knew his game. He is not a DM, his game was never about scoring goals, he is the player who assists the assistor, so goal contributions are not a metric to measure him by.

The biggest negative about his game is his willingness to fight for the cause, as it seems he appears unwilling to close down and work for the team. If there was a trait that no supporter is willing to accept, then not putting in a shift, would be it.

Fenerbahçe keeps Soumare on the list as the favorite candidate for number 6. It is possible to transfer players out of the squad and on loan. In this transfer, no hasty decision is taken in case the opportunity for a star player may arise until a period close to the deadline for the European lists.

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fenerbahçe keeps Soumare on the list as the favorite candidate for number 6. It is possible to transfer players out of the squad and on loan. In this transfer, no hasty decision is taken in case the opportunity for a star player may arise until a period close to the deadline for the European lists.

So does that mean Fenerbahçe will only look to sign him if they can’t get anyone better? 😂