Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

3 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

He was quite good under Dean Smith... :ph34r:

He was progressive and more direct, and was OK in a few games. But he still didn't back track or press much, and ambled around the pitch in his own world half the time. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Screenshot_20230829-181839.thumb.png.d87359918c40b1d2d82590304c28be2a.png

Hopefully sounds like a deal will be done and we'll give in to whatever demands are on the table. 

Loan with an option to buy, where as we wanted a full transfer or loan with a mandatory purchase looking at the past messages through translation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

Due to the likely obscene wages we’ve treated the lad to I can see him going out on loan every year till he leaves on a free 

So be it but if he plays well then who knows. It's best for him to be away from here and with only one team actually making any moves then we have zero room for negotiation. 

On 27/08/2023 at 17:16, longy said:

I tend to agree tbh.

The fact we've managed to get some kind of tune out of Jannik gives me faith we'd be able to get something out of Soumare. 

There's definitely a player in there, I feel if he'd have been given a run in this side under the new regime we'd be seeing glimpses of why we splashed £££ on him.

It's gone beyond that. He appears to have an attitude problem that this manager will never tolerate. He needs to be moved on.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

It really wasn't, playing Tielemans was. Soumare was playing very well in his more favoured position and putting up a fight unlike quite a few round him. Some people let tired old myth or previous performances under Rodgers get in the way of facts. Whilst I was physically at the home matches you'll find that even Matt Piper, who'd been quite scathing of some players, had Soumare vying for man of the match on several occasions. 

I'd argue playing either was a mistake when your backs agasint the wall.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Really similar to Adrian Silva 

I don't think Silva had the poor attitude and lack of commitment that Soumare appears to show. Silva was a poor buy, physically not strong enough and too slow for the English game, but for me Soumare is on another level. He's got all the physical attributes to smash it at Premier League level, but for what ever reason he's been very poor, in terms of footballing brain and endeavour.

• Like 4

Yeah don't get me wrong I wouldn't miss him if he went, but he was one of our best performers in the run in.

There's no denying how bad he was for a long time, so it isn't surprising that a lot of people have made their mind up on him. People generally don't like to disagree with themselves.

Whether he'd do a job for us this season, nobody knows. Depends if he can be motivated. 

Ability wise though he absolutely could.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Silva had technical ability and wasn’t used properly.

Soumare is just a Plonker who isn’t capable of being either a playmaker or box to box. 

Silva‘s passing made Ndidi look like Pirlo. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

So be it but if he plays well then who knows. It's best for him to be away from here and with only one team actually making any moves then we have zero room for negotiation. 

Another brilliant bit of business by Our recruitment dept and its CEO Mr S Wonder 

I dont think it's worked for him here. When he plays, he doesn't look like he's enjoying it, or happy, which might be some of the issue. It could be a number of reasons as to why, but if he wants to move, why keep him? 

It's best for all parties that he moves on. We will take a hit on it, but there is no point keeping a player that doesn't feature at all and, I imagine, on a decent wack. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

This does feel like one we could play the game with a bit to be fair.

Firstly, the player hasn’t been involved at all so unlikely he needs directly replacing. Yes we want funds but if (big if) we are getting that elsewhere such as Castagne yesterday, we could allow this to be a late deal and bank that money for strengthening in January given we wouldn’t need to replace before the deadline.

Secondly, he is their target and he clearly wants them. Add to that their situation currently at the bottom of the league, they are desperate and it feels unlikely they would walk away at this stage. Soumare needs his agent to do some work here but both their parties will want the deal and would be likely to compromise as the deadline comes closer.

And thirdly, this Orta guy is the one who set all these Leeds contracts causing their problem this summer right? Clearly a muppet so it is a case where all said, it’d be disappointing if we just caved here.