Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I just hope FoxesTalk doesn't lose their minds when we inevitably lose the ball with him stood 20 yards outside the box lol

That's the only thing that I dread. It will happen this season I'm sure, but maybe that's when he stays a bit further back. Maybe Enzo wants him there whilst we commit so many forward to sweep anything from over the top :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Looks like a really good signing so far. This move is good for him, because I think if we were in the Premier League, he might get found out. I think this season will help build his overall game so he is ready with us next season... hopefully!

Exactly my thoughts, season in the championship would do him the world of good. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

That's the only thing that I dread. It will happen this season I'm sure, but maybe that's when he stays a bit further back. Maybe Enzo wants him there whilst we commit so many forward to sweep anything from over the top :dunno: 

It's 100% a management instruction. He's doing what he's meant to be doing. 

But even the best midfielders in the world will occasionally give the ball away and we don't have that. 

Definitely we'll have a few heart in mouth moments this year when someone coughs up possession while he's out. It won't even be his fault necessarily. 

• Like 3

Going to go against the grain a bit in that among all the good, I wouldn’t expect any keeper to be ok with conceding from that distance. Whether it is a case of positioning or reactions I don’t know. Possible it is just his height against him. It was fairly common for Kasper to get beaten from long range as well and he was a legend.

Perhaps I’m being harsh. I’m sure there’s posters on here who are or have been goalkeepers or coaches who may have a more specific view on this. 

On the whole though, very good signing and will only get better. Very good save second half, definitely would have beaten Ward.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Going to go against the grain a bit in that among all the good, I wouldn’t expect any keeper to be ok with conceding from that distance. Whether it is a case of positioning or reactions I don’t know. Possible it is just his height against him. It was fairly common for Kasper to get beaten from long range as well and he was a legend.

Perhaps I’m being harsh. I’m sure there’s posters on here who are or have been goalkeepers or coaches who may have a more specific view on this. 

On the whole though, very good signing and will only get better. Very good save second half, definitely would have beaten Ward.

0.01xG, but 0.6xGOT. It was just a brilliant hit.

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

0.01xG, but 0.6xGOT. It was just a brilliant hit.

Was definitely a great hit.

To be fair, watching it again, he was initially quite far off his line but moved back to the point his positioning looks ok (to the untrained at goalkeepers eye). I initially thought he had reacted slowly as well but watching again, and from another angle, it doesn’t look like he did really.

Probably just being a bit harsh initially.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think if he was within 4 yards of his line he has a good chance of saving it but I don't think any keeper would be that close to their goal whilst the ball was in the position it was. BUT, as a few posters have mentioned above he does seem to push out further than most keepers. 

Really impressed by his confidence coming into af new team and have this "I got this"-attitude, even coming to a new country and League with a much bigger setup compared to Brøndby. 

Hoping for Leicester to promote to Premier League, otherwise do other teams gonna be looking his way! 

• Like 4