Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

8 hours ago, Headcase said:

Of course you can ask for more...like dont flap at corners, if you decide to come...come and make sure you win the ball.

I think it was a good show for the first game, which is always tough 

He didn’t flap. He was quite decisive, he won’t come for corner often

My point is there are 4 core attributes to being a goalkeeper, he looks good at 3 of them. We’re not getting someone food at 4 cos we’re Leicester

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

He’ll be playing PL football with or without us soon 

I'd agree has the attributes of a modern keeper, no many are that comfortable on the ball.

If he can be consistent and we don't get straight back up I can seen a lot of interest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's such an important position in any team to have a Keeper who inspires confidence in his teammates.

While I feel sorry for Iversen, It's easy to see why Hermansen suit's Enzo's style better.

A great Debut, Long may it continue.

I was surprised that Enzo made a keeper such an early signing . I thought that the club would prioritise other positions and hope that Ward/ Iversen would “do” in the EFL . Good strong statement 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I was surprised that Enzo made a keeper such an early signing . I thought that the club would prioritise other positions and hope that Ward/ Iversen would “do” in the EFL . Good strong statement 

I assume having a ball play GK was non-negotiable from Enzo point of view.

Ward was never going to survive after last year and Iversen is terrible on the ball. 

I also assume Jakob is a lot cheaper number 2 wage-wise if we can shift those two. 

• Like 2

Thought he was great on Sunday. Really liked his starting postion, meant he could sweep very effectively which is essential for us playing the high line.

On corners, if you're going to have a keeper who doesn't come and claim the ball then you need one or two defenders who can attack it. This is how we set up in 2015-16: essentially a hybrid system, part man-to-man but with one or two players with licence to get to the ball and head away. Souttar would be perfect for this but Enzo clearly doesn't fancy him so someone else will need to step up.

7 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Thought he was great on Sunday. Really liked his starting postion, meant he could sweep very effectively which is essential for us playing the high line.

On corners, if you're going to have a keeper who doesn't come and claim the ball then you need one or two defenders who can attack it. This is how we set up in 2015-16: essentially a hybrid system, part man-to-man but with one or two players with licence to get to the ball and head away. Souttar would be perfect for this but Enzo clearly doesn't fancy him so someone else will need to step up.

Kasper did claim the ball then. His game changed over the years 

23 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The lack of comprehension in people who claim they love the game is staggering, and their unwillingness to learn anything about it more so. Their development stopped at 'hooof' and pashun.

It’s the way that ignorance is worn as a badge of pride that astounds me.

But then that’s not limited to football.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The lack of comprehension in people who claim they love the game is staggering, and their unwillingness to learn anything about it more so. Their development stopped at 'hooof' and pashun.

"The goals at the other end!!!"

• Haha 2

I also like that we stuck to the plan of developing our attacks from the keeper. There was a minority who were vocal when we were still playing this way at     0 -1 and were wanting it hoofed up front. I'm pleased we persevered and that it paid off, however, I know the reaction by some on here had we not turned things around.

• Like 1

For those who listen to the Football Ramble, Luke Moore (not the ex-footballer) described Hermansen as making 'one of the best saves you'll ever see.'

I assume he's talking about the shot from Haji Wright that deflected off Doyle and then Hermansen tipped onto the bar. It was a stunner, admittedly, and glad he's getting high praise for his shot stopping.

I feel like we really need to invest in players who can defend from corners, though. If Hermansen is going to stay put, we need to remedy this Achilles heel of ours somehow because it's haunted us in the Prem, it cost us a goal on the opening day in the Championship and it seems it will continue to be a problem whatever division we're in. It's something multiple coaches haven't been able to fix now, and it does need addressing somehow. Maybe Coady and indeed Casadei could be the missing pieces, who knows.

But, overall, so far it looks like Mads is a shrewd signing already. He makes such a difference in the way that we play. This, in theory, should gain us more points than we lose because of the sheer amount of time we'll be able to keep the ball.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I also like that we stuck to the plan of developing our attacks from the keeper. There was a minority who were vocal when we were still playing this way at     0 -1 and were wanting it hoofed up front. I'm pleased we persevered and that it paid off, however, I know the reaction by some on here had we not turned things around.

Totally agree. Especially in the first matches of the season it was critical they all stuck to the plan. If we started playing hoofy ball I would have been really concerned.  Was very impressed with Mads all round. Looks like a very good buy.

Edited by Chelmofox

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

An idea on how to combat that mentality:

Get every TV screen in the concourse playing videos of Maresca talking about how and why he wants us to play with the ball, on repeat ad infinitum. Full North Korea level propaganda to brainwash away the religious devotion to hoofball. Giant sculpture of Maresca's head on the outside of the east stand like the Italian Fascist headquarters at Palazzo Braschi, blasting quotes like "I think all the players are looking for a ball to play with, not to play without the ball", "When the opponents are all there close, waiting, it’s normal there is no space, and you try to slow down to attract them and create space." out of speakers hidden in a moving animatronic mouth. Engrave "We will have 70% possession in every match and you will like it" on the back of every seat. Change the club's motto from "Foxes never quit" to "If you only want to play 4-4-2 and kick it long then Sean Dyche has a sharing-size bucket full of worms ready for you at Goodison Park". Stop at nothing in the uncompromising quest to show those fans the light

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

Had to chuckle when the old boys sat around me started hyper ventilating every time Hermansen would shuffle across to receive the ball short from a goal kick. Only for him to then set us up on another attack. 

In fairness, I did the same, force of habit knowing Iversen would boot it into the stands or Ward would bicycle kick it into his own net

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lfu said:

An idea on how to combat that mentality:

Get every TV screen in the concourse playing videos of Maresca talking about how and why he wants us to play with the ball, on repeat ad infinitum. Full North Korea level propaganda to brainwash away the religious devotion to hoofball. Giant sculpture of Maresca's head on the outside of the east stand like the Italian Fascist headquarters at Palazzo Braschi, blasting quotes like "I think all the players are looking for a ball to play with, not to play without the ball", "When the opponents are all there close, waiting, it’s normal there is no space, and you try to slow down to attract them and create space." out of speakers hidden in a moving animatronic mouth. Engrave "We will have 70% possession in every match and you will like it" on the back of every seat. Change the club's motto from "Foxes never quit" to "If you only want to play 4-4-2 and kick it long then Sean Dyche has a sharing-size bucket full of worms ready for you at Goodison Park". Stop at nothing in the uncompromising quest to show those fans the light

Personally, I favour switch the plastic seats to metal and having electrodes attached.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Kasper did claim the ball then. His game changed over the years 

Good point. But he was never a 'clatter through players and attack the ball no matter what' kind of keeper, like Ederson for example. Was definitely better in his six yard box then though, I wonder why he changed his approach under Rodgers.

19 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Good point. But he was never a 'clatter through players and attack the ball no matter what' kind of keeper, like Ederson for example. Was definitely better in his six yard box then though, I wonder why he changed his approach under Rodgers.

It started after Claudio left, you can check the high claims. Season after season they got less. Who knows, maybe confidence? Changes in defensive personnel? Coaching?

The season we won the league he was top in the top 5 with 49 high claims.

Followed by 38, 28, 12,14, 20, 15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Danizen said:

Signing this lad is definitely the first tangible benefit of bringing in a manager from Man City.

They would have detailed reports on every goalkeeper of this profile and skill set in the world.

If we didn't have Maresca, we would have probably got someone like Dubravka or stuck with Iverson.

I’m sure we will benefit from signing young players deemed. ‘ not quite good enough’ for Man City. Which will likely be excellent  for the championship..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It started after Claudio left, you can check the high claims. Season after season they got less. Who knows, maybe confidence? Changes in defensive personnel? Coaching?

The season we won the league he was top in the top 5 with 49 high claims.

Followed by 38, 28, 12,14, 20, 15.

That season we practically invited crosses because we knew with Huth & Morgan in the middle we could defend them.

Simpson and Fuchs also provided useful cover at the far post.

With all that in Kasper’s favour, it’s not surprising he’d come and claim quite a few cherries from wide!