Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Important point ... the defence seem to trust him.

They very clearly trusted Iversen more than Ward; but even then, it never looked 100%.

We will drop clangers and cost us goals, but the defenders seem to trust him. That's a good sign.

Spot on

Thats very apparent and makes a massive difference 

40 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Important point ... the defence seem to trust him.

They very clearly trusted Iversen more than Ward; but even then, it never looked 100%.

We will drop clangers and cost us goals, but the defenders seem to trust him. That's a good sign.

I trust him. I'm not immediately assuming we're conceding a goal now. It's a forgotten feeling. 

I'm not sure whether you folks in the UK got same announce team we did in the US but Kasey Keller was a little critical of Hermansen's refusal to boot it downfield late in the match. His feeling was don't get cute with a lead and just knock it out of trouble. He did acknowledge he's kind of 'old school' in feeling that a keeper's # 1 task is keeping the ball out of the net.  Personally though I love watching him.

Very impressed with his long distribution, distribution from his hands as well as his shot stopping and he was also flawless in terms of catching high balls which we’ve had problems with our GKs in recent years.

My one issue was the flat balls out into the middle of the field. Norwich were onto them and it was putting his teammates under pressure and then of course, one goes straight to McLean and we are saved by the bar. I’d just like him to be more observant in game when that particular ball isn’t on due to the opposition crowing out that area.

But overall, very impressive and rounded in his skillset.

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Strange really that someone didn´t tap him up earlier. He played like this in the Superliga in Denmark and was regarded as one of the best young keeper prospects around. But happy days - we got him :)

Bigger clubs have always been watching. Just they wait for a player to test themselves elsewhere. He was/is very well thought of supposedly amongst keeper coaches 

Remember folk writing him off after the Liverpool game despite him not being at fault for any of the goals lol… That aside what a pick up this lad is! Thank god he backs himself as the second coming of Beckham as well as I swear half the time he received the ball last night he was ahead of our cbs lol 

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

My one issue was the flat balls out into the middle of the field. Norwich were onto them and it was putting his teammates under pressure and then of course, one goes straight to McLean and we are saved by the bar. I’d just like him to be more observant in game when that particular ball isn’t on due to the opposition crowing out that area.

But overall, very impressive and rounded in his skillset.

Norwich pressed us with numbers and that restricts his options short. But his team mates can help him out with their positioning if he’s happy to just bring the ball forwards  

he also needed to have players coming into the space wide thirty five yards up the pitch  for the chip ball out there - if Norwich close those out too then he’s gonna have to rely on the long pass to a runner as per kasey in the first half 

I assume that enzo and his coaches will be working on this - there are ways around it but as was mentioned in an earlier post - late in the game with a single goal lead, you might want to sometimes ditch the dogma ! 

The sign of a good keeper is that you don't worry about them, they don't even cross your mind during the match. He, just like Kasper did provides a reassuring presence to a defence because you know he's good, you know he's got your back and he's unlikely to make a massive clanger. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ronnow is next in line I think. 

Seems so, but who knows? There’s also Jorgensen at Villarreal, aside from Iversen who, even though he’s on the bench now, I still think has the potential to become a world class shot stopper (though never a world class distributor).