Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Mavadidi's first touch too often lets the ball go straight upwards in front of him so his second touch is to bring the ball under control. It gives the defender time to stop him. He's also struggling because other teams have sussed him. 

• Like 1

Rarely trusts his own ability to go down the outside. He was up against a lumbering physical centre half of a fullback today but mainly shuffled the ball back inside and basically lost his battle. It didn’t help him that Justin was also having his own personal nightmare behind him. I felt sorry for him at Leeds because I think he got hooked when he was actually causing them problems. Today I wouldn’t’ve been sympathetic - I would’ve been happy to see Marcal or Sharky subbed on in his place.

In saying all that I’d probably start him against Sunderland as he’ll likely have more space away as Sunderland won’t sit back and defend. Against the deep blocks of QPR and Boro, despite the fancy flicks, he’s looked bereft of ideas. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

Decent player at championship level but hopefully we can shift him for decent money if we get promoted, cos all he does is try and cut inside every fvcking time. By the way he waves his arms around his attitude stinks too. 

Both the wingers have been poor last few games but both are often up against two players so struggle. Most teams would have a full back over lapping or under lapping or at least pulling a defender away to create more space. This is where the system falls down I reckon.

• Like 3

He has been better than I expected most of the season. The main issue is that teams have sussed that him and Fats are pivotal to our attacks and have nullified them. Enzo keeps doing the same thing when others have caught on and pretty much stopped it. So I think it’s opposition tactics and a loss of confidence because of that. He isn’t poor at all, but he is in a poor patch of form. 

• Like 1

His decision making is f ucking garbage. At Ipswich A he constantly tried to rush things and initiate a counter when it was the wrong option - he did it so often it killed our attacks time and time again. 

Yesterday he was more interested in trying to beat his man with tricks than trying to cross. 

35 apps and 4 assists, 53rd percentile for xA - for a side top of the league that’s a dismal return. 

Crap for weeks, if we contrive to finish 2nd or 3rd, he’ll be one of the most culpable players.

• Like 1

I may be wrong but his body language looks like that of a ‘not my fault’ sulker. In contrast to the hyper enthusiastic trier on the other wing.

He’s had a decent season but now is the time to shine not shirk. His reputation - at this club if not for his whole career - could be made or broken in the next two months.

His drop on form has really effected the form of the overall team. He's been out best attacking player when the team been playing at their.

He really needs to find some form for this final run in

The club not learning from only having Barnes as a LW has once again NOT be learnt from.

He has been extremely poor since his purple patch in December but he knows he’ll still start 95% of games.

I think he’s a very average winger in the Championship though but hoped he was proving me wrong.

Not our biggest issue with the fact we have 3 fit CM’s BUT he (like a few others) needs to start influencing games if we want to stop this slump.

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

I may be wrong but his body language looks like that of a ‘not my fault’ sulker. In contrast to the hyper enthusiastic trier on the other wing.

He’s had a decent season but now is the time to shine not shirk. His reputation - at this club if not for his whole career - could be made or broken in the next two months.

You’re wrong. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hope so. We’ll soon find out, won’t we?

Well it’s a matter of opinion on whether someone is ‘shirking’ ‘sulking’ etc. Not much more he could do yesterday. Maybe not his best game but certainly wasn’t for lack of effort. 

Outplayed by an oaf and once he was booked he didn’t bother trying to beat him and draw a foul. Also pathetic dive at the end looking for a pen. He reminds me of gray so much 

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

He's not been very good over the past few weeks but the mildest hint of a comparison to Demarai Gray is outright insulting.

Yesterday I heard someone shout that Fatawu is worse than Demarai Gray lol 

• Haha 1