Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Mavididi was very good last night I thought. Wingers always are inconsistent to some extent as their game is solely based on being the maverick and beating the full back with trickery and pace - and this is more high risk when compared to players in other positions. 

Was up for it. Possessed at times. Failure to keep him in the game second half, one of the reasons we lose momentum. Particularly given he had Clarke on toast who had been booked 

• Like 4

There was a moment just into the 2nd half where he sat down one of their players and I don’t think he even actually did much with the ball lol

Loves a nutmeg as well doesn’t he?

I think he could definitely step up to the Prem - but then even if he ends up being not quite good enough to start he will definitely cause defenders problems off the bench late on in games

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic to see his confidence last night, looked great taking on their full back and you could see the panic in his face every time Stephy had the ball. Id like to see SM and AF running at their opposites more because they cause problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Mavididi has improved the most in our squad as the season has progressed. There's still some fine tuning to go in terms of end product but he's a joy to watch.

His striking of the ball has got much cleaner, he was a master at the scuffed shot. I've gone from thinking he'll be easily thwarted in the Premier League should we go up, to him being the player I'm most excited to watch at that level if and when it happens.

Yeah, will be very interesting to see how he gets on. At worst he'll be a decent rotation option but hopefully fulfils some of his potential and is much more than that. Had a bit of meh patch in the middle but last 10 games or so he's been fantastic. Like Fatawu, his work rate is fantastic too

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He doesn't have a natural instinct of when to release the ball, or when to shoot without overdoing things which he often does. Really needs to improve on this to make it in the PL but not sure it can be taught.

You seem very negative how come 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Royston. said:

All those years we waited for Barnes to realise his potential but Mavididi looks far more effective albeit in the admittedly awful championship.

And his chasing back and defensive work is at a level never seen from Barnes although if he hadn’t gone to Newcastle that would have had to change under Enzo

It is scary how much he has developed over this season. He's improved his final ball so much and his work rate.

If he can improve his finishing (which I'm sure he will judging on how much he's developed in other areas), we will have a very valuable 

asset once again at the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I love Mavididi

But I don't think we will ever get a season out of him in the Prem like we did Barnes in 21/22

In a much better team his output is similar to what Harvey's was for WBA when he was 19/20 (9 goals and 7 assists in 26 league games). Mav has 10 goals and 4 assists in 32.

I think people are getting massively carried away and forgetting the gulf in class between the two divisions. Not to say Mavididi can't be effective and have a role in the team, his pace and trickery will always be an asset and I don't see that being any different in the Prem.

Fairly confident we'll hear much more complaints of wastefulness next season. The one edge Mav has over Harvey is that he can create something out of nothing. Barnes always struggled beating a man, especially from a standing start. I think Barnes is the better all round footballer though (although maybe not since his knees turned to match sticks)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Mavididi has improved the most in our squad as the season has progressed. There's still some fine tuning to go in terms of end product but he's a joy to watch.

His striking of the ball has got much cleaner, he was a master at the scuffed shot. I've gone from thinking he'll be easily thwarted in the Premier League should we go up, to him being the player I'm most excited to watch at that level if and when it happens.

Yes it was the turn of the new year,after being open minded,no heavy criticism his way,his performances have. Matured,even his odd trick or snapshots seems to fit and have purpose.Since that turn of the year,

I am even more sure he will do well in the PL

Igs not just his technical skills,which like Fatawu has it in abundance,

For the PL his all round skill set must also  add up…and he has it..

Fatawu, younger has it..I pray  to god the Club puts everything within wisdom

can secure his signature for a longtime..

Those runs and shots will see a better conversion rate has he matures.

These 2 can make wing play more attractive again,with their simple success.

Their performances & press will be a massive reason to keeping our

PL challenge above the 14th to 8th mark.The other cogs obviously important

to that high part of that mark and eventually pushing for those coveted positions.

A 27 yr old Mavididi, and 22 yr old Fatawu will be the right time to be a pair

too much for most PL sides, under Enzo guidance..

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In a much better team his output is similar to what Harvey's was for WBA when he was 19/20 (9 goals and 7 assists in 26 league games). Mav has 10 goals and 4 assists in 32.

I think people are getting massively carried away and forgetting the gulf in class between the two divisions. Not to say Mavididi can't be effective and have a role in the team, his pace and trickery will always be an asset and I don't see that being any different in the Prem.

Fairly confident we'll hear much more complaints of wastefulness next season. The one edge Mav has over Harvey is that he can create something out of nothing. Barnes always struggled beating a man, especially from a standing start. I think Barnes is the better all round footballer though (although maybe not since his knees turned to match sticks)

Barnes reminds me of Rashford. Some games he's just unplayable but due to his lack of work rate and inconsistent technical ability when he's off it he's really bad. I dont think G+A tell the story when you compare the two because even in a bad game Mavididi is helping keep his opposition winger quiet and has the technical ability to always be a threat even if the game's not right for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Royston. said:

All those years we waited for Barnes to realise his potential but Mavididi looks far more effective albeit in the admittedly awful championship.

I’m sorry but Barnes is better than Mavididi. Barnes was consistent in the premier league.

• Like 3