Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

17 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Not a bad result, would have taken a draw before the game but 4 pts from 15 is seriously concerning 

49 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I think there's a degree of the rest of the team and probably the tactics that aren't helping either Mav or Fats at the attacking end.

Fats had Wilf pre injury running as an inside overlap meaning he had a player drawing defenders to either receive the ball or open up space for Fats to come inside. Since Wilfs injury whoever plays does not do that. Nobody does that for Mav on the left. KDH doesn't provide those runs like Wilf. That may be by design, so Mav has the space to move into, but the problem I have is that where Mav picks the ball up, he's too far wide imo. If he beats his man, he's still not generally in a threatening position. He's in a better position for a lay off or he's in position to have another man to beat, but rarely is he in a decent position to shoot, nor cross for the striker.  He's generally not gaining much from going past a player.  If you can give him the ball whilst on the move, driving into the box, he'll be so much more of a threat. At present he's often getting the ball closer to the sideline on a standing start against a reset defence.

It was interesting to, when Vardy scored his 2nd goal, I noticed that someone (can’t remember who) did an overlapping run, which drew the defender to him and allowed fatwa to run into the space and he was able to play that pass into Vardy to score. A brilliant  goal in my opinion. 

Dude needs a rest, this is the problem with years of having no wingers at all, we've got two good ones in but very little rotation options outside of some youth teamers who aren't really at championshop standard yet. He'll be back on fire after the international break, as will we generally I think, clear fatigue issues with the club at the moment which is the injuries to Ndidi, Ricardo, McAteer and Praet leaving us with basically having to over-play Choudhury and KDH. Enzo could be doing better to allieviate it with more subs but it falls on the board for not even replacing Casadei in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if that turns his form around then i’m perfectly happy to be out of the cup 

Yep definitely. He needs to use that goal to build his confidence and get back to his level at the start of the season

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He scored a craking Goal today but was very poor all game. He has to do more in Matches if we're going to get back to winning ways.

He is hot and cold. I think he would benefit from a striker who has strength to hold up and release the wingers. Daka doesn’t convince me, I think Cannon is a better bet.

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

He is hot and cold. I think he would benefit from a striker who has strength to hold up and release the wingers. Daka doesn’t convince me, I think Cannon is a better bet.

I havent seen anything from Cannon to suggest he's a striker that excels at holding up the ball. He seems like more of a pure goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I havent seen anything from Cannon to suggest he's a striker that excels at holding up the ball. He seems like more of a pure goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Think he has the physicality to do that better than Daka.

Just my opinion but I don’t think Daka gives us enough in terms of goal threat or linking play and that increases the pressure on the wingers.

12 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Yes I agree he's best with someone close to him. Cannon would certainly work better with him than Daka. But Cannon nneds game time which we can hardly risk this late in the season.

Which is why Enzo favours Vardy.

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Neither have I, He's seems a finisher rather than an all round CF we need. I think he also lacks pace but that might just be lack of games.

Think this is what we'll see from Mavididi for the time he is here. 

Not in games much, not that influential but will pick out a goal like that every now and then. Won't have the consistency but when he is on it, he is unplayable. Sadly that's not too often. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not in games much, not that influential but will pick out a goal like that every now and then. Won't have the consistency but when he is on it, he is unplayable. Sadly that's not too often. 

Agreed. The lack of consistency tho is probably why he was the fee he was and why he wasn’t already in the PL.

Edited by JimmyC74

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He was gash aside from the goal. 

I kinda like players like that. He's a match winner... You can't leave him alone if you're an opponent just in case he clicks

Those times he was brought off v Cov and Middlesbrough (or someone like them) was a joke

The goal glossed over his all round performance which was terrible. There was a point in the game when KDH is running towards goal, Daka to the right is well covered, but there's acres of space on the left. Where's Mavididi, only jogging behind KDH like he's on a Sunday morning stroll. Looked completely disinterested. 

I had said literally 5 mins before his goal that his confidence has been shot since that miss against Leeds, almost feels like he took the defeat on his shoulders because he's been so off form since then.

The subs and how the game went mean we'll have to wait til Brizzle to see if it helps him in the run in but hopefully that's a monkey off his back now.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

The goal glossed over his all round performance which was terrible. There was a point in the game when KDH is running towards goal, Daka to the right is well covered, but there's acres of space on the left. Where's Mavididi, only jogging behind KDH like he's on a Sunday morning stroll. Looked completely disinterested. 

Knew KDH would **** up the pass to be fair

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

If it was often he wouldn’t be here as he’d be in the world class bracket 

As others have said. He was pretty woeful before that cracker. Seemed like he simply didn't want to give anything a go. For fear it might not work. Hopefully the sports psychologist can grab him and big him up. Because look what 'can' happen if you give it a go. He's a decent player. But in a really poor run of form.

Every team has that one player who would do nothing all game but possess that one moment of brilliance when it matters. There's nothing wrong with that. Issue is Stephy doesn't do it enough.

Outstanding against Southampton and Birmingham but anonymous a lot this half of the season. Would be great if this can give him a bit of a kickstart for the run-in. Him and Fatawu definitely need to let it go a bit more - they can both score worldies 

Edited by HybridFox