Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

7 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

I mean he isn’t CLEARLY off .. forgive me but that close at speed is very very difficult to give/not give .. I can see why it’s not given … I’d rather this than the abomination of VAR 

This. Plus, the one bonus of possibly not going up this year is not having  VAR.......oh and the big club bias. 

1 minute ago, trugerkem said:

I mean he isn’t CLEARLY off .. forgive me but that close at speed is very very difficult to give/not give .. I can see why it’s not given … I’d rather this than the abomination of VAR 

well he is, think its clear to see even from the naked eye from the stands(even i said he looked off and i was a good way away in the ground)

dont get me wrong im enjoy it without VAR but at times the decisions the officials get wrong is shocking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agree. If I had a gun to my head I'd say that it's taken place in this country in the last five years.

Oh yea. The incident that makes me certain of it was Liverpool spurs earlier this season, the goal disallowed for offside because they didn't know what the on-field decision was. Definitely not, that happens in a former soviet bloc country and no-one has an issue naming what it clearly was, referees being involved in match fixing, but England is supposedly special and free from corruption

The one that always got me was the Craig Dawson handball goal Vs west ham. We were told it was because "part of the ball was over the t-shirt line", treating a t shirt sleeve as if it was the goalline. If that were the case, you'd be able to bend down, pick the ball up with your elbows, hold it to your chest like a keeper and sprint down the pitch carrying it, as long as part of your sleeve overhung a sliver of the ball. Then just chuck yourself into the net while yelling "T SHIRT LINE". lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Oh yea. The incident that makes me certain of it was Liverpool spurs earlier this season, the goal disallowed for offside because they didn't know what the on-field decision was. Definitely not, that happens in a former soviet bloc country and no-one has an issue naming what it clearly was, referees being involved in match fixing, but England is supposedly special and free from corruption

Bruno Fernandes at Villa in July 2020. I love a good moan at a decision but how they could watch that with video replays and conclude a penalty for Man Utd. Only time I can remember turning the TV off over a decision.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The one that always got me was the Craig Dawson handball goal Vs west ham. We were told it was because "part of the ball was over the t-shirt line", treating a t shirt sleeve as if it was the goalline. If that were the case, you'd be able to bend down, pick the ball up with your elbows, hold it to your chest like a keeper and sprint down the pitch carrying it, as long as part of your sleeve overhung a sliver of the ball. Then just chuck yourself into the net while yelling "T SHIRT LINE". lol

I think that'd fall under obstruction. Same reason Faes can't just gel his hair into a nest, have Hermansen place the ball in it, and run down the pitch

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think that'd fall under obstruction. Same reason Faes can't just gel his hair into a nest, have Hermansen place the ball in it, and run down the pitch

It's not so different from the old Kerlon dolphin dribble lol

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Guaranteed Pep tactic next season

On 02/03/2024 at 21:04, smallpauldj said:

Hope the screenshot works. Says everything this. 

Screenshot_20240302_210208_Scores.jpg

Quite contestable that this isn't the correct frame though isn't it. The Leicester player is blocking the view of the QPR player so it's hard to see exactly when the ball is released. In this screenshot it looks like it might be at least a frame or 2 too late, but as I say, very hard to tell. 

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Quite contestable that this isn't the correct frame though isn't it. The Leicester player is blocking the view of the QPR player so it's hard to see exactly when the ball is released. In this screenshot it looks like it might be at least a frame or 2 too late, but as I say, very hard to tell. 

I took this one from a vlog (its the best one i could get at the point the ball was hit).

image.png.b814be4d62637273626c7d9bfbbc9d06.png

You can't do a VAR critique because the angles are all messed up, but in a land without VAR you can't begrudge the lino not giving it offside. Nelson is to deep.

• Like 2

This ref is crap. 

I know we aren’t allowed to say the ref is crap on here. But he is. Giving them absolutely everything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

So far tonight the ref has hardly been an abomination, but he's one of those irritating refs who gives very very soft fouls. 

I'd say that is an abomination when 2 of them "soft fouls" (nowhere near a foul) were given when we were in on goal. He's been poor. 

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

oh look another crap ref, whats that 4 league games in a row, and some tried to defend them

ill just pretend to be shocked

He's nowhere near as bad as some of the others. But it's just frustrating he's buying every soft foul going. 

2 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Is this the refs first professional game tonight he is a disgrace 

image.png.b74de5bda8425dd9da378e5e09727b07.png

What's new, premier league promoting shite refs, even the ****ing Sunderland commentary are scratching their heads at how they're getting away with some of his calls

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's nowhere near as bad as some of the others. But it's just frustrating he's buying every soft foul going. 

i dunno, hes getting up there, no one can deny the state of the officials we've had the last 5 games(the bournemouth one too) have been shocking to say the least

as ive said before the standard of officials in the country has fallen off massively