Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

If you’re talking a about a red card or an obvious offside fair enough but winks being on a yellow card was not the reason we lost yesterday, Millwall were better tactically and  our players bottled it, overall the ref had good control of the game.

Our players absolutely bottled it, I agree. But as @Chelmofox points out, the ridiculous yellow against Winks may explain why he went in half-arsed against Longman in the build-up to their goal. It does not, however, explain why our overall performance was that of a team already on the beach rather than one still very much at risk of not getting promoted.

Said it in another thread, but he’s rewarded Millwall for time wasting.

You knew the fans would hold onto the ball and throw it back on, as soon as Ricardo grabbed another.

The keeper wasted about 30 seconds at the very start. He still blows up on 97 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

You knew the fans would hold onto the ball and throw it back on, as soon as Ricardo grabbed another.

The keeper wasted about 30 seconds at the very start. He still blows up on 97 minutes. 

We could of had another 90 minutes and we wouldn’t of scored 

5 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

If you’re talking a about a red card or an obvious offside fair enough but winks being on a yellow card was not the reason we lost yesterday, Millwall were better tactically and  our players bottled it, overall the ref had good control of the game.

Winks was booked on 20 mins.  70 mins of the match where he cant get stuck in. Not on a yellow and he brings down Longman before the goal and takes the yellow then.

Again, none of this excuses anything but it does highlight the impact of poor decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

We could of had another 90 minutes and we wouldn’t of scored 

But the thread is about how good or bad the refs are not about how crap we were.

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I watched the end of the Leeds game. 3 minutes added on but the Ref played to nearly 95. But agree with another poster - we wouldn't have scored anyway but im confused that be blew on exactly 97 mins when their keeper took 2 minutes to take a goal kick. 

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Agreed, but this thread is on the ref. Sick of seeing time wasting rewarded every week. 

I actually watched last night the ball go into the crowd 90th plus minute, the Millwall fan holds onto the ball, one of our players takes the ball off the cone thing (multi ball system) the player takes the throwing and then the fan throws the ball back onto the pitch and the ref stops the game, numerous times Millwall players went down soon as the ball went out of play for a bit of cramp, games is held up but doesn’t have to leave the pitch because he hasn’t received any treatment, this is the game not the ref.

He's an awful ref, was the same earlier in the season. He was so bored he couldn't be bothered to play the whole match so blew up a minute early. I can't blame him for that, I couldn't wait for the game to end either. 

• Like 1

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/10/farke-englishman-leeds-sunderland/

Daniel Farke has blamed the English ref for Leeds’ draw at Sunderland
Against the Black Cats, it seems that the German believes that the English officials were against Leeds. At least that’s the impression he gave in his post-match press conference.

“We were pretty unfortunate with some decisions, clear handball in the first half should have been a penalty, clear handball in the second half should have been a penalty,” he said (h/t Wakefield Express).

“The added time, it felt a bit harsh after substitutions, lots of time wasting and discussions. I don’t know if we would have scored a goal, but I know we were pretty unlucky with some decisions on the pitch.

“In general I’m never asking for red cards but come on act a bit earlier with yellow cards or you send the message you can keep going.

“If there is a rule how there should be a handball, I ask just for the rules. When you lean into the ball with the elbow and you have a clear view as a referee, sorry you have to give it.

“The second half it was obvious, it was not difficult to see.

“We’ve had six letters this year saying ‘sorry it was a penalty or red card’, we’ll likely get two more letters now. Two penalties and I’m sure we would have used one to win this game.”

leeds farke championship
Daniel Farke let rip in his post-match press conference after the Sunderland game
It isn’t clear at this point whether Farke will land himself in trouble for his comments and, frankly, to be diverting the attention away from another poor performance isn’t the best tactic.

The German should be looking much closer to home and perhaps geeing up a few of his players that perhaps don’t truly understand what’s at stake.

Giving 100 percent at any time is a pre-requisite for a footballer, let alone when your side is in the midst of a full-on promotion race.

White and Jordan were praising a Leeds fan who had come onto their show yesterday for actually wanting VAR in the Championship, in his words they would have already secured promotion with the incorrect decisions that had gone against them being corrected. Short memories to the our disallowed goal that would have put the game to bed at Elland Road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean he was bad but bad for both teams? The amount of times Fatawu got taken out in the air was absurd, every 50/50 challenge he just guessed a team to give the free kick to...

Official was bizarre today. 

First half any contact at all was a foul. Second half he reversed that and wrestling became fine 

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean he was bad but bad for both teams? The amount of times Fatawu got taken out in the air was absurd, every 50/50 challenge he just guessed a team to give the free kick to...

I think we benefitted today, it’s ok to admit it, it’s been a bloody while 

23 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

He booked Wilf for kicking the ball away in the second half, in remarkably similar fashion, and in the same part of the pitch, to where Townsend did it early in the first half without being carded.

He basically changed personality mid way through the game