Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

UFOs

So based on the thorough research done by Nasa and the detailed pouring over of facts of evidence their  36 page conclusion is pretty conclusive:

There may or may not be aliens. Most of the 'sightings' can be explained but some can not. The very last page of the report said "there is no reason to conclude" that extra-terrestrial sources are behind the hundreds of UAP sightings Nasa has investigated. "However... those objects must have travelled through our solar system to get here," the report said.

Although the report did not conclude extra-terrestrial life exists, Nasa didn't deny the possibility of "potential unknown alien technology operating in Earth's atmosphere".

So glad they cleared that up then.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpacedX said:

There is definitely extra-terrestrial life out there from single celled organisms to sentient beings. The separation in terms of distances and the time periods prevent visitations/contact. In cosmic terms. we are here in the blink of an eye. 

As I've said before. Asuming an advanced civilisation had engineered the capability and mastery to warp spacetime and achieve intergalactic travel traversing tens of thousand, possibly millions, if not, billions of lightyears, I'm fairly certain that they wouldn't be preoccupied with buzzing about in 1950s styled B movie cigar and saucer shaped craft, mutilating cattle and abducting random rednecks from trailer parks in Tennessee. 

Where is the evidence of this?

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

With the UAP/UFO briefing today by NASA, I was wondering if any Foxestalkers have witnessed anything they can't explain? 

Twice

The one in China was pretty sureal, I was with a friend at the time and we was both speechless. 

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Where is the evidence of this?

At the moment there’s no hard evidence, everyone knows that don’t they?

It’d be incredible if we were the only life in the Milky Way alone, which has an estimated 0.8bn to 3.2tn planets (according to a quick google search).

edit - didn’t see SpacedX’s reply which was much more eloquently put than mine 

Edited by Trumpet

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Saw one about ten years ago, scary stuff. Didn’t want to mention it previously as people probe me. Now the Mexicans have lubed me, I certainly feel more comfortable.

I've corrected your post

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Saw one about ten years ago, scary stuff. Didn’t want to mention it previously as people prob wouldn’t believe me. Now the Mexicans have proved it I certainly feel more comfortable.

For what it’s worth, the Mexicans haven’t provided conclusive proof, far from it. But you’re right in touching on a change in narrative. The subject used to often face ridicule, but those in power have changed the term UFO to UAP, likely because the UFO name has been ridiculed and lost any credibility it may have had. 

Interesting times though, most governments are acknowledging that this phenomenon does exist.

The chance we are the only planet with living organisms seems crazy.

Other plants will exist like ours.

They’ll most likely be different and not loom anything like us. They will also not be visiting us in a flying saucer. 

2 hours ago, SpacedX said:

We have none - although do take a look at the news item posted by @leicsmac in the Science and Technology thread about the tentative discovery of DMS on a planet 120 light years away. 

Our star is amongst approximately 200 billion in the milky way, which are host to trillions of exoplanets and is one of an estimated 2 trillion galaxies in the universe which is 13.7 billion years old. Based on Kepler Data, There's a 95% Chance of an Earth-Like Planet Within 20 Light-Years.The Drake/Green Bank Equation reveals the statistical chance of active communicative extra-terrestrial civilisations in out galaxy alone. This is regarded as an approximation as opposed to an attempt to derive a precise number. It has nonetheless been described as “a wonderful way to organize our ignorance.” The Fermi Paradox ponders why Earth has not been visited by aliens. This invites the so-called Great Filter: Intelligent species may run up against barriers like climate change or nuclear war that keeps their lifespans short and prevents them from spreading throughout the galaxy. More likely, as I suggested, the speed of light really is a universal speed limit and traversing these vast distances during the time span of a civilisation is an impossibility. It is conceivable that probes have been sent into deep space by civilisations billions of years ago, but given the immense size of the cosmos, why should they end up here? Perhaps radio signals/electromagnetic radiation indicating transmissions should have by now though? Particularly if there once was - or even is, intelligent life in our galaxy - our own cosmic backyard. Scientific investigation began shortly after the advent of radio in the early 1900s, and focused international efforts have been ongoing since the 1980s. So far, the silence is deafening. Finding non-intelligent life is far more likely. Earth existed for most of its history, 4.25 billion years, without technological life, and human civilisation is a very late-breaking development.

The belief that humans eventually will encounter aliens is based on two assumptions: (1) Intelligent life evolves easily, and (2) interstellar travel is possible and practical. Neither of these assumptions are likely to be true. The academic debate now is not whether life exists but in what form. Many scientists assume that the commonest form of life is microbial which is a fair assumption, given that on Earth, humans beings have only recently emerged, while microbes have been around for 3.5 billion years. As a result, many astrobiologists are spending their days examining the atmospheres of exoplanets for telltale signs of bacteria-like creatures. 

I would argue, that, aside form philosophically, It does not matter if intelligent alien life exists elsewhere in the universe. We will never find them, and they will never find us. In other words, we are effectively alone in the universe.

im aware of the info on the tentative discovery, but even in the press release there was very ambiguous language used and it was definitely non comittal. In short, if those with all the technology and those  that have collated all the ‘evidence’ are unsure then we can’t be either.I only had an issue with your terminology in saying “ there is definitely…”

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

At the moment there’s no hard evidence, everyone knows that don’t they?

It’d be incredible if we were the only life in the Milky Way alone, which has an estimated 0.8bn to 3.2tn planets (according to a quick google search).

edit - didn’t see SpacedX’s reply which was much more eloquently put than mine 

Well this was kind of my point… no one can be sure until there is clear evidence. I only had an issue with the term “ there is definitely”

and really , it doesn’t matter how eloquently  someone phrases something… no amount of intelligence can disguise the fact we have no evidence…. ( yet?)

Perhaps we haven't created the science capable of measuring the "evidence".  When I look at photos from Hubble or the newest telescope that's been sent into space I feel without doubt that we are not alone. That we are only beginning to understand how things connect to each other. The rabbit hole runs deep and in all directions.

59 minutes ago, so1 said:

Perhaps we haven't created the science capable of measuring the "evidence".  When I look at photos from Hubble or the newest telescope that's been sent into space I feel without doubt that we are not alone. That we are only beginning to understand how things connect to each other. The rabbit hole runs deep and in all directions.

And is probably full of shit.