Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we were to go for Szmodics this summer, do people see him more as a striker or playing behind the striker in this system?

Initially I was against signing him given his age and the fact this season seems like an outlier but after seeing him play on Saturday I am coming round the to the idea that he would be a very good signing who offers a lot of versatility as he can play high 8, striker and provide cover for both wide attacking roles. If we can get him for £10m then I think it would be decent business and a play who can provide much needed squad depth across 3 or 4 positions 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Initially I was against signing him given his age and the fact this season seems like an outlier but after seeing him play on Saturday I am coming round the to the idea that he would be a very good signing who offers a lot of versatility as he can play high 8, striker and provide cover for both wide attacking roles. If we can get him for £10m then I think it would be decent business and a play who can provide much needed squad depth across 3 or 4 positions 

I’m also concerned about his age and career trajectory to date. I get that players can develop and peak at different ages, but he’ll be 30 in 18 months. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m also concerned about his age and career trajectory to date. I get that players can develop and peak at different ages, but he’ll be 30 in 18 months. 

Don't worry about age, Macaulay Langstaff is 27, but he looks the part, and could make the step up.

41 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I see a few clubs are sniffing around Spanish international Nico Williams who plays for Athletic Bilbao. If Rudkin pursued him he’d plump for Welsh international Neco Williams from Notts Forest!

He’s worth in excess of £50m…

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s worth in excess of £50m…

He's also on 250k a week as Bilbao dont spend much on transfers. I wouldn't even take him on a free unless we were able to flip him for profit in the same summer.

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Don't worry about age, Macaulay Langstaff is 27, but he looks the part, and could make the step up.

Make the step up to where out of interest?

He's definitely an interesting one - Record over the past few seasons is phenomenal....I don't think he even takes penalties for Notts Co.

You'd think someone would take a punt on him this Summer...

3 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Hear me out…

Of course he had his one decent performance for Arsenal against us. Absolutely tore Luke Thomas to shreds that day.

Am I really seeing Sammy Szmodics at 10million quid mentioned?

We are absolutely Bob Bint and our potential transfer policy would be lumping ten mil on a geezer who's 28, never kicked a ball in the Premier League and, by all rights has had one good season?

Year before last at Blackburn in the Championship he scored 5 in 34. His other Championship pedigree was 6 in 36 for Peterborough United.

We're braindead, I'll give you that.. But surely, knowing we have what looks like extremely limited financial resource we aren't spunking 10mil here..? 

45 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He was reportedly on £140k a week at Arsenal 

So you're saying he's made his cash and now he just wants to play for the love of it and will take a nominal amount.

SWEET!

47 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Chris Smalling anyone. On the bench tonight. Free transfer? Could be a Huth or Evans type of signing.

I'd 100% take Smalling at Leicester. Premier league experience, is an upgrade on what we have. Sure, he has his off games but he'd improve us 

I reckon Ben Johnson of West Ham would fit our profile.  He’s a LB who can play in midfield, he’s 23 and will be available on a free. Hasn’t signed a new contract at West Ham because he wants guarantees on playing time. coufal is ahead of him in the first team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I reckon Ben Johnson of West Ham would fit our profile.  He’s a LB who can play in midfield, he’s 23 and will be available on a free. Hasn’t signed a new contract at West Ham because he wants guarantees on playing time. coufal is ahead of him in the first team.

Good shout that :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Great shout. We could nickname him Volpone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1