Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

This nonsense of keeper (or defenders) standing with their foot on the ball.

Negative.

You can call 11 men behind the ball as negative as you like but I see this new trend just a negative. Most teams do it but Villa seem one of the worst offenders, certainly in this match

I understand the theory of drawing the opposition onto you but it doesn't.

All it does is allow the opposition time to get into position, mark their men and they know whilst the player is stood with their foot on the ball you're no threat leading to slow and incredibly boring game.

We know first hand, it's what we did for the most part of two years.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’ve watched them a few times in recent years. I can’t believe they are not in the Football League by now. They’re a very very capable side who play good football.

Looks like they will be next season!

• Like 2

Really dislike managers doing this. Comment is the usual ott football Twitter response, but the thought is right. 

The fa cup is for all English teams, no matter their level, Prem teams would do well to remember that.

Especially the smaller sides who a handful of years ago would have relied on the cup takings.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really dislike managers doing this. Comment is the usual ott football Twitter response, but the thought is right. 

The fa cup is for all English teams, no matter their level, Prem teams would do well to remember that.

Especially the smaller sides who a handful of years ago would have relied on the cup takings.

As always, the solution is simple... win it at the first time of asking and you won't have to play any replays.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Love how people are chewing him out for this. Try to win the game then?