Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Deathlist 2024

3 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Franz Beckenbauer 

Surely this deserves it's own thread. Routinely regarded as one of the greats alongside Pele, Maradona, Müller, Eusebio etc.

Sad news and pretty young as well at 78.

RIP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And now JPR Williams …… 74 ……

Two sporting greats in one day and both only in their seventies …..

Wonderful utterly fearless player and a fantastic human being by all accounts 

2 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

DJ Annie Nightingale

I can't believe she was 83, she always sounded so youthful and current.

As @Webbo would say....another part of my childhood gone :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I can't believe she was 83, she always sounded so youthful and current.

As @Webbo would say....another part of my childhood gone :(

Although it seems like she's been around forever, 83 really shocked me. I think, I thought 65 at most. 

• Like 1

During my days as a minor pop page freelancer, I went to see a tiny venue Screamadelica iteration of Primal Scream with a couple of journos. One of them saw Annie Nightingale and decided a brief interview would make excellent copy. She agreed to answer some questions after the gig when it was quieter. Unfortunately, Annie consumed many drugs during the event, sufficient to kill or incapacitate a medium sized elephant. Earnestly attempting to answer questions, the completely unintelligible DJ slurred and dribbled until she collapsed - at which point she was carried backstage by a roadie (presumably for even more drugs). *backstage at the Irish was basically toilets.

She was more rock and roll than Lemmy, bless her socks.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Foxesmints said:

Gigi Riva, legendary Italian footballer. My favourite continental player as I was growing up - loved his goal celebration.

Star man at Cagliari (Sardinia) when they won their one and only top flight Italian title in 1970.

A similar fairytale story back in the day to our PL win in 2016.

RIP

• 2 weeks later...

TV presenter Jonnie Irwin has died aged 50.

Irwin, who presented Channel 4's A Place in the Sun and the BBC's Escape to the Country, was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2020.

Such a shame 50 no age and leaves a young family behind.

He was always so chipper and full of enthusiasm on anything he presented.

R.I.P Jonnie 

• Sad 12

Awful news to hear, even though it was expected. He was inspiring in the way that he maintained his fantastic outlook on living your best life, even though he knew that he had a terminal diagnosis. Dont think I could be that strong. Thoughts and condolences to his family 🙏