Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Kasey McAteer - Everton

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/evertons-chances-of-sealing-deal-for-leicester-city-player-become-clearer/

Everton's chances of sealing deal for Leicester City player become clearer

Published 11 hours ago

The Toffees had been linked with a move for Kasey McAteer

Everton are unlikely to sign Leicester Cityattacker Kasey McAteer in the January transfer window.

That's according to a report from The Daily Mail (31/12, p34), who say that the Toffees will be dictated by their budget when it comes to the business they do next month.

McAteer breaking out at Leicester this season 

Having come through the youth ranks at Leicester, McAteer had made just a handful of first-team appearances for the club prior to this season, while spending time out on loan with AFC Wimbledon and Forest Green.

This season though, has seen the 22-year-old become an important figure for the Foxes, as they chase an immediate promotion from the Championship back to the Premier League.

Since the start of the current campaign, McAteer has made 14 appearances in all competitions for Leicester, scoring five goals in that time.

The attacker has also been hampered by injuries this season, but has still managed to attract attention from elsewhere.

According to previous reports from Football Transfers, Everton are plotting a move to sign the 22-year-old in the January transfer window.

Now however, it seems as though it is far from certain that such a deal will happen once the window reopens at the turn of the year.

Everton chances of McAteer deal become clear 

According to this latest update from the Daily Mail, looking at each Premier League club's January targets, McAteer is admired by Everton.

However, the report states that there is only a "slim chance" that a move to bring the 22-year-old to Goodison Park next month.

It is claimed that budget issues will influence the business done by the Toffees in January. Everton have already been deducted ten points this season, over previous breaches of Profit and Sustainability rules.

As things stand, there are around 18 months remaining on McAteer's contract with the Foxes, securing his future at The King Power Stadium until the end of the 2024/25 season.

That means that Leicester are not under pressure to sell the winger in the January market, if they do not wish to do so.

Leicester pushing for immediate Premier League return 

It has been an excellent first season back in the Championship for Leicester, following their relegation at the end of the previous campaign.

The Foxes have claimed 62 points from 25 league games so far, meaning they currently sit top of the table, 11 points clear of the play-off places.

Enzo Maresca's side are next in action on New Year's Day, when they host Huddersfield Town at The New York Stadium.

McAteer update a major boost for Leicester 

It does feel as though this news on McAteer will be a big relief for those of a Leicester City persuasion.

The winger has already made a big impression this season, and may only become more important as he continues to improve with experience.

He does therefore have the potential to develop into a long-term asset for the club if they keep him for the foreseeable future.

As a result, the fact it is apparently unlikely that Everton will be completing a deal for McAteer in January, can surely only be seen as a good thing for Leicester City.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Ah it’s contract time then is it. Fair play to his agent. Could have at least said Wolves or West Ham though…

I like the ones where a random youth team/ reservist is linked with Barcelona. 😅

• Haha 1

Great, an article to say they basically can’t afford him lol

Any future business with Everton should be massively in our favour with fees inflated if they want someone from us. We are still yet to see what we have paid them £7mill (?) for with Cannon. 

Nb that is in no way me saying Cannon will not be worth that and be a good player for us in time.

I think there will be a semblance of truth in this. I would imagine it wouldn’t be a massive fee or wages so would appeal to lower half prem teams with limited budget, however I also think this will end up with Kasey signing an improved long term contract. 

I've not been very impressed generally in the limited minutes he's had. He's showed good instincts to get on the end of things but he's not great in possession - probably fine as a squad player but if we can pick up a decent fee for him I'd sell. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've not been very impressed generally in the limited minutes he's had. He's showed good instincts to get on the end of things but he's not great in possession - probably fine as a squad player but if we can pick up a decent fee for him I'd sell. 

The highlighted part sums up my feelings on him too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Thats one of the most absurd things i have heard on here for a while...

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

Thats one of the most absurd things i have heard on here for a while...

Absurd how? Please elaborate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

He’s very average isn’t he. An inflated premier league fee from a club for him would do nicely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Verumex said:

This aged like fine milk on a summer windowsill...

I notice you selectively quoted and did not include the bit immediately after so I will….

nb that is in no way me saying Cannon will not be worth that and be a good player for us in time.

So it was not writing Cannon off, nor doubting him. I am constantly defending our players against ott abuse and being written off too quickly from posters on this forum.

The statement was one of fact, we haven’t (or hadn’t at the time of that post), seen anything from Cannon as he’d been injured for so long then had to wait his time. 

I was referring to the various things going on. The talk of suing them as well as us having a transfer fee outstanding owed to them and them potentially interested in McAteer, if they tried for him on the cheap (as suggested) and got out of paying us anything via legal action, the only thing stopping us being completely shafted would be whether Cannon not only justifies, but exceeds his fee.

18 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He’s very average isn’t he. An inflated premier league fee from a club for him would do nicely.

1. you can't be very average

2. i take it you didn't watch him play at the start of the season?

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Absurd how? Please elaborate 

because he’s a very good player who has played well and scored good goals. You have to be pretty much blind to not see that.

• Like 1