Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Kasey McAteer - Everton

The first line of this article sounds weird, it's like it's been written by an AI bot. 

I don't see this happening, when he's still developing as a regular starter for us.

Edited by trooky

Hmm I don’t like the idea of selling homegrown players especially when with the very little we’ve seen of him he’s proven to be a good finisher at the back post.

Which I’m sure the eagle eyed fans of ours have noticed has been a new little thing added by Maresca lately with our wingers crosses. If he’s happy being 3rd or 4th in the winger rankings I’d keep him.

• Like 1

Selling home grown talent is very useful from a FFP point of view, pure profit.

Which is way you see the like of Man City selling Palmer and Chelsea willing to sell Gallagher.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Even when Romano gives it the “Here we go”, a picture is released of him signing his Toffees contract, he changes his online profile to declare himself an Everton player, then he makes his debut for them. Even then I’ll fail to believe this is true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

because he’s a very good player who has played well and scored good goals. You have to be pretty much blind to not see that.

Like I said, he’s done a great job at getting on the end of chances. His all round game hasn’t been impressive, he doesn’t get his head up very well, his passing is pretty basic.

He works hard and he’s quick but he’s not getting much of a look in for a reason, been subbed off in his last few starts.

Absurd and blind are complete exaggerations 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Like I said, he’s done a great job at getting on the end of chances. His all round game hasn’t been impressive, he doesn’t get his head up very well, his passing is pretty basic.

He works hard and he’s quick but he’s not getting much of a look in for a reason, been subbed off in his last few starts.

Absurd and blind are complete exaggerations 

he’s not playing because Fatawu is in the form of his life, then again I’d say there’s not a single winger in the whole division who would get in ahead of him.

and I stay behind the comment that it is absurd to take your stance and you must be blind to want to sell him for a ‘ decent’ fee. He’s exactly the sort of player we need to keep hold of.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s not had a minute since WBA, Wanya has been frozen out, signed a contract and made a cameo in that time.

I never specified what a decent fee is, you wouldn’t sell him for 5m? We paid a touch more for Mavididi.

We’re almost certainly getting promoted,  it’s likely not going to cut it in the PL. Is this absurd? Of course not.

In his defence he’s not played all that much, partially through injury but beyond that it’s not a ringing endorsement.

I actually hope he’s really good but from what I’ve seen he had a bit of purple patch playing in a really good team.

Federico Macheda, Schlupp, Iheanacho even are the sort of players who like they’ll break through at a level above what they eventually settle at - McAteer is one of those imo.

I definitely would not sell him for 5m I think you are forgetting just how good he was before his injury. He’ll play prem football at some stage.. I mean, we already have a prem team after him..  he’s still a young lad he’ll get better and he’s at the right team to do that. 

and I really don’t understand you bringing in Schluup to your point.. I mean he’s played over 200 games for a prem team. he’s had a very good career. And if I’m not mistaken, isn’t Nacho being linked to prem teams too?

• Like 1

Everton aren't going to be offering any kind of decent fee for him this month

They are going to be resorting to loans, frees, and very cheap players if they do actually do anything

Edited by moore_94

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I definitely would not sell him for 5m I think you are forgetting just how good he was before his injury. He’ll play prem football at some stage.. I mean, we already have a prem team after him..  he’s still a young lad he’ll get better and he’s at the right team to do that. 

and I really don’t understand you bringing in Schluup to your point.. I mean he’s played over 200 games for a prem team. he’s had a very good career. And if I’m not mistaken, isn’t Nacho being linked to prem teams too?

You aren't really taking my points on board, we'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Everton aren't going to be offering any kind of decent fee for him this month

They are going to be resorting to loans, frees, and very cheap players if they do actually do anything

To be fair I can see some logic in loaning him out, although only if he's going to get game time. I agree it won't be worth selling him to Everton this window.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

People won't like it but we'd be smart to cash in the offer is decent. I think he's done well this season but my gut instinct tells me it's a bit of a purple patch.

Fully agree, unfortunately isn't going to be the next Harvey Barnes.

I don't see a standout player in Kasey but he's been useful for us this season. He's gotten himself into some very good positions and his finishing for the most part has been strong. He's also demonstrated that defensively he can be trusted in this team. He's good enough to contribute to us at this level but I'm not convinced that he's a premier league footballer. Prior to this season I didn't think I would see him get regular first team football for us and he has. Not every academy player who breaks through into our first team has to be a regular for years to come. The purpose of the academy is to make the club money, not just to supplement the first team squad. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 3

Just a thought but imagine if we cash in for £5-10m for a player who struggled on loan in league 2 last season, whilst he has done well this season, I think he may have a fairly low ceiling and if there is genuine interest, Enzo and the club might see an opportunity to do a deal and use the funds to bring in players better suited to the style and system. 

The thing with this is, whilst he's done well, he's done well in THIS side.  A side where we pretty much dominate every single game.  At a higher level where in most games, a large part of it he'll spend on the back foot, would he have anywhere near the same impact on a game?

I'd lean on the side of no.

If an offer of £5m came in (especially given Abdul isn't going to the AFCON), I think that would be decent enough to accept and free up a squad place.

• Like 1