Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

PET HATES FROM COMMENTATORS/PUNDITS

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Honestly, when they feel the need to talk alllll the time. It's ok to have a quiet moment without pure dribble.

Adam Summerton on BT/TNT European games is awful for this. Really wound me up when having to listen to him during our most recent Europa matches. :mad:

36 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

Adam Summerton on BT/TNT European games is awful for this. Really wound me up when having to listen to him during our most recent Europa matches. :mad:

Luke Thomas from Syston, in the charnwood district

Braga playing at the quarry

"here we are at the quarry" "nearly half  time at the quarry" "scenes here at the quarry" etc etc etc

annoying!

Edited by Tuna

Hard to describe, but very often when a big name player shoots a commentator will shout their name with a tone of inevitability, as if *this* is the attempt that’s definitely going in, because it’s the big name player. The voice kind of drops at the end.

Only applies to the prem obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Hard to describe, but very often when a big name player shoots a commentator will shout their name with a tone of inevitability, as if *this* is the attempt that’s definitely going in, because it’s the big name player. The voice kind of drops at the end.

I’m with you on that. I notice it most with Salah. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Used to drive me mad ITV doing similar with every single pass in the final third by tiki-taka era Barca around 2008.

The rimming that team got was painful. And I've had some painful rimmings, just between you and me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've never got the whole idea of a goalscorer getting praise when it takes a deflection before going in.

Usually its followed up in co-commentary with 'yes it takes a deflection but the goalie isnt saving that' when 90% of the time it isnt going anywhere near in naturally and the only reason the goalie isnt saving it comfortably or it isnt going out of play is because its deviated massively off a defender to send the ball in an entirely different direction at the last second.

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've never got the whole idea of a goalscorer getting praise when it takes a deflection before going in.

Usually its followed up in co-commentary with 'yes it takes a deflection but the goalie isnt saving that' when 90% of the time it isnt going anywhere near in naturally and the only reason the goalie isnt saving it comfortably or it isnt going out of play is because its deviated massively off a defender to send the ball in an entirely different direction at the last second.

Yup. “He’s found a way through”was one I heard recently. Bollocks - he just got lucky. 

9 hours ago, Blarmy said:

This... About the inevitability of a goal from a "big" team... even applies to us this year.

The commentator is almost weary with the expectation that a goal will come.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Because I like to hear the crowd noise at matches on TV, I have to have the commentaries too. My current pet annoyances from Commentators/pundits are: calling midfield playmakers - QUARTERBACKS; some one putting over a DELICIOUS cross; OVERTIME instead of added time. This may sound petty but really grates. I’m sure there are more!

Mentioned often and since many years….

Brave..

How can any sportsman be BRAVE, in the act of participating in their chosen sport..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All the new fancy words that have crept into the game "pivot" "double pivot" etc

Ridiculous aren’t they

Add to that the ‘number 8 role’ 

Which is slowly developing into using it for anywhere on the pitch ‘number 3/5/7’

An absolute bucketful of nonsense 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate and I mean Hate it when they say "just about" as in he just about kept it out after a clearance or "just about kept it in" when the balls kept in on the touch line. 

Really bugs me, the literal dictionary meaning of just about is "Nearly". So if someone "just about" keeps it out, they haven't. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Ridiculous aren’t they

Add to that the ‘number 8 role’ 

Which is slowly developing into using it for anywhere on the pitch ‘number 3/5/7’

An absolute bucketful of nonsense 

Yeah, just annoying,  I was gonna say the "role" thing as well. 

• Thanks 1