Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

21 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I'd like to know what the reality is...?

The Athletic is struggling to boost its subscriber base even when it gives it away for next to nothing is as good as I’ve got. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

no surprise really, as I said its not been in Brighton transfer "way" to spend £30+mil on a 25yr old(26 in Sept), since the resale value wouldnt be good for them

image.png.ea72c249b6d08037d24dc3d99988d0e9.png

They only paid £4m for Caicedo. Transfermrkt is a very good resource but there's the occasional gremlin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

no surprise really, as I said its not been in Brighton transfer "way" to spend £30+mil on a 25yr old(26 in Sept), since the resale value wouldnt be good for them

Maybe, but things are a little different now and maybe Brighton need to steer away from that model if they want to kick on a bit. The media has made a lot of noise about them, but they've been largely average this season and sit just ahead of Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle who are massively underperforming. They are certainly not performing at a level befitting how they are raved about.  All things considered, would finishing 10th be a good season for them? The demands of a bit of success and european football mean that they may need to make the odd transfer risk, and buy in an experienced head like KDH to push them forward. Slide downwards with the current model, and they might find themselves struggling over the next few seasons.

No way we get rid for £20 mil, but push them up to £30 ( especially if Brighton feel they need something else ), then I would struggle to say no.

• Like 1

Brighton are out of their minds if they thought they could get KDH for that. Premier League arrogance. Can't wait until we are back there!

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Brighton are out of their minds if they thought they could get KDH for that. Premier League arrogance. Can't wait until we are back there!

We didn't pay much more for James Maddison who at the time was younger and showing more potential than KDH. Not many players who have only performed well at Championship level go for £30 million, infact I can't think of any

42 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We didn't pay much more for James Maddison who at the time was younger and showing more potential than KDH. Not many players who have only performed well at Championship level go for £30 million, infact I can't think of any

Maddison had never played in the PL.

KDH has 59 games behind him and has already shown he can play at that level and has had plenty of good games in the PL.

58 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Chuck in inflation too, markets gone mental last couple of years.

Wouldn't have got 100m for bellingham, grealish, rice or caicedo then either.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

That was 6 years ago, transfer fees have massively inflated since then

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Maybe, but things are a little different now and maybe Brighton need to steer away from that model if they want to kick on a bit. The media has made a lot of noise about them, but they've been largely average this season and sit just ahead of Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle who are massively underperforming. They are certainly not performing at a level befitting how they are raved about.  All things considered, would finishing 10th be a good season for them? The demands of a bit of success and european football mean that they may need to make the odd transfer risk, and buy in an experienced head like KDH to push them forward. Slide downwards with the current model, and they might find themselves struggling over the next few seasons.

No way we get rid for £20 mil, but push them up to £30 ( especially if Brighton feel they need something else ), then I would struggle to say no.

They really don't, they're operating at their peak through this model. They can go for glory by spending too much on "proven" talent, but even if it reaps success it would be fleeting as their income isn't close to the teams around them. 

The only way to do what they're doing is follow their model and hope some of the teams with huge resources are being managed poorly. In those seasons they'll get a crack at top 4.

We are the blue print of how not to do things - I'd assume Bloom is switched on enough to see that.

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They really don't, they're operating at their peak through this model. They can go for glory by spending too much on "proven" talent, but even if it reaps success it would be fleeting as their income isn't close to the teams around them. 

The only way to do what they're doing is follow their model and hope some of the teams with huge resources are being managed poorly. In those seasons they'll get a crack at top 4.

We are the blue print of how not to do things - I'd assume Bloom is switched on enough to see that.

thats why i thought someone like Brighton bidding £30mil for someone like KDH is a bit out of left field; it doesnt fit the brighton model imo

49 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats why i thought someone like Brighton bidding £30mil for someone like KDH is a bit out of left field; it doesnt fit the brighton model imo

They reportedly bid £20m. I doubt they’d go to £30m, let alone the £40m we’d apparently demand. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

They apparently bid £20m. I doubt they’d go

to £30m, let alone the £40m we’d apparently demand. 

thats my thoughts too, they tested the water to see if we'd accept; 

cant imagine any team will want to pay £40mil for him this window either

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

So it’s gone from in talks to a low offer that Leicester won’t accept.

I suppose it may have been a talk…. Just a brief one

BHA - £20m?

LCFC - Do one…

• Like 2