Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Post Match Thread

Damage done in the first half. Would've been nice to see us really go for it but sometimes the quality of the opponent rubs off on you and they were ****

Nice to see us get a hold of the game early, felt like we were in control in the second half without really doing anything. Had a chance from kdh on 46 and praets poor pass to vardy were the best chances of the half

Decent result, will be sweeter if brizzle hold on or at least take a point. 

One more game ticked off, beat Boro now

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Yes great win another 3 points.

However play like that against either Boro or Leeds we walk away with back2back defeats again.

Maybe the reason we played like that second half is so we don't play like that against Boro and Leeds. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

One of the best halves, followed by a half of complete game management that some just continue to fail to understand no matter how many times it’s explained to them. 

…Much like expecting someone to know the plural of “half”.

Hey hey hey I'm not complaining about the performance at all. A win is a win and as I said the first half was stellar.  

Doesn't mean the second wasn't turgid. We did what we needed to do. Not every game can be wall to wall amazing for 90 minutes and there is nothing wrong with calling out football which isn't great to watch when it's not great to watch.

5 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

One of the best half's of football we've played, followed by one of the most turgid 

We didn't need to do anything special 2nd half. Apart from maybe 10 mins of SW pressure we weren't at in any danger 

• Like 2

Just now, Tazfox said:

Hey hey hey I'm not complaining about the performance at all. A win is a win and as I said the first half was stellar.  

Doesn't mean the second wasn't turgid. We did what we needed to do. Not every game can be wall to wall amazing for 90 minutes and there is nothing wrong with calling out football which isn't great to watch when it's not great to watch.

You have to give it the nod of appreciation for what it is though, eh?

That was a class side working out three points under the behest of a manager who knows his shit. Framing it as anything other is pretty poor form imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't bother with the match thread.

Dominant, exceptional performance; all Sheff Wed could do was watch and admire our football.

Second half, we could canter to the win.

We're getting better and it is exciting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Parafox said:

We didn't need to do anything special 2nd half. Apart from maybe 10 mins of SW pressure we weren't at in any danger 

As I previously said, I agree and never said we were and I'm not complaining. But it's OK to say when the football isn't great to watch when it wasn't in the second half. 

• Like 1