Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Why are we a club of such extremes?

Honestly we are different to any other club in England. Get promoted from the championship, great escape from relegation, win the premier league, win the fa cup, win the community shield, bottle 2 top 4s in two seasons having been miles clear, finish 8th and then get relegated from there, have a 17 point lead at the top of the championship and bottle it. 

This club is ridiculous. Why do we do things in extremes so much? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't have it any other way tbh.

Much rather the rollercoaster ride than 20 years in the wilderness like Cov etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Honestly we are different to any other club in England. Get promoted from the championship, great escape from relegation, win the premier league, win the fa cup, win the community shield, bottle 2 top 4s in two seasons having been miles clear, finish 8th and then get relegated from there, have a 17 point lead at the top of the championship and bottle it. 

Was talking to my mate mentioning the exact same thing, baffling really.

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It's always been like that it's ingrained in the club culture.

To be honest mate, I would genuinely Ask who would swap our last 10-15 years with another team? Even teams like Bayern or man city, I think their fans would be jealous of the times we've had. I truly believe that. We've had the most insane period in our history. Most clubs would envy what has happened to us and most clubs can only match those select few. I mean, sure historically teams can match us, but let's face it, none of their fans can actually remember the glory days. So revel in it, soak it in and enjoy it. Because the Leicester rollercoaster is a wild one, and hopefully, it never stops!

Just now, HoChiMinhFOX said:

To be honest mate, I would genuinely Ask who would swap our last 10-15 years with another team? Even teams like Bayern or man city, I think their fans would be jealous of the times we've had. I truly believe that. We've had the most insane period in our history. Most clubs would envy what has happened to us and most clubs can only match those select few. I mean, sure historically teams can match us, but let's face it, none of their fans can actually remember the glory days. So revel in it, soak it in and enjoy it. Because the Leicester rollercoaster is a wild one, and hopefully, it never stops!

I wouldn’t have it any other way but it’s just emotionally draining 😅

1 minute ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I have been a fan since 1989 and pretty sure something of note has happened in all but about 7 seasons.

91 - Escaped relegation last day

92 - play of final

93 - play off final

94 - promotion - playoffs

95 - relegation

96 - promotion playoffs

97 - league cup

98 - euro campaign

99 - league cup final

00 - league cup

01 - euro campaign

02 - relegation 

03 - promotion 

04 - relegation

05 - nothing

06 - nothing

07 - nothing

08 - relegation

09 - promotion

10 - playoffs

11 - nothing

12 - nothing

13 - playoffs

14- promotion

15 - great escape

16 - prem champions 

17 - champions league

18 - nothing

19 - nothing

20 - 5th

21 - FA Cup and 5th

22 - Charity shield

23 - relegation

24 - ?????

It really is never dull! 

That’s honestly ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I have been a fan since 1989 and pretty sure something of note has happened in all but about 7 seasons.

91 - Escaped relegation last day

92 - play of final

93 - play off final

94 - promotion - playoffs

95 - relegation

96 - promotion playoffs

97 - league cup

98 - euro campaign

99 - league cup final

00 - league cup

01 - euro campaign

02 - relegation 

03 - promotion 

04 - relegation

05 - nothing

06 - nothing

07 - nothing

08 - relegation

09 - promotion

10 - playoffs

11 - nothing

12 - nothing

13 - playoffs

14- promotion

15 - great escape

16 - prem champions 

17 - champions league

18 - nothing

19 - nothing

20 - 5th

21 - FA Cup and 5th

22 - Charity shield

23 - relegation

24 - ?????

It really is never dull! 

Honestly being a Leicester fan is great whether we are shit or not, at least we have something to talk about 

I’ve often wondered this, but the highs and lows are what football is about. We have plenty of both. 

When we won the PL I thought it might mean an end to yo-yoing and we’d become a steady PL side. What a platform that was, and what an epic failure it’s been. 

21 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Another extreme would be to not lose again this season and go up as champions, wishful thinking, but with this club it could easily happen.

Or we could do a Spurs and finish 4th in a 2/3/4-horse race :P