Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

Deserved that. Battered them for large periods of the game. Played well. Good to see. No shortage of confidence here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Your opinion my friend. ( But it is a forum👍)

But sorry I don't agree - and reading others posts they have similar options.

With EnzoBall we would have passed the hell out of it around the middle of the park. Today we were so much more forward intent minded.  Noticeably less passing backwards and the most crossfield and searching through balls I've seen us do in a long time. 

I think that Enzo ball does look like that it’s just that with jeopardy; we revert to that. 

32 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Huge win, intensity, we defended as a team and attacked as a team, we mixed up fast play through the middle, to direct diagonal classy passes to the wings from defence, we also controlled the game for about 15 mins of the 2nd half with our usual ball control style. It’s amazing what we can do when we play pragmatic football. We attacked when we needed to and controlled the ball only when it was necessary when Norwich tried to come back. 

Great subs today also. Credit to Enzo but was very annoying to see him trying to get us to slow the game down when we scored. Overall one of the better performances this season. 

Drop the system, be pragmatic and we can win this league. 

Yep, got my goat a bit as well.

• Like 1

Fantastic performance. Even bounced back after conceding a poor goal. Good to come from behind to win. Aggression, pressure and faster passing that has been missing for weeks since Leeds. For some reason we eased off it after the second goal, could’ve made it safe before stoppage time. Much needed. If we can keep that attitude and aggression for the rest of the 7 games, we can put automatic promotion firmly in our grasp. 

• Like 1

Ricky p and Doyle made a huge difference, as did the subs when they came on. Really felt like the fans helped up the intensity when cheering in the first half when the ball came out to Fatawu and fired up faes into his best performance in a while. Hopefully the same performance levels from now until the end of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

With EnzoBall we would have passed the hell out of it around the middle of the park. Today we were so much more forward intent minded.  Noticeably less passing backwards and the most crossfield and searching through balls I've seen us do in a long time. 

It looked to me that we played more long/diagonal balls this game than the rest of the season combined, NOT hoofball, just fast intentional attacking balls, Doyle was a huge part of it, Fatuwu was outstanding, bith wingers provided options and instead of walking around at the back, we played with a intent to attack (well, once we went a goal down lol

Ill await the breakdown by the stattos, but that was a VERY different style to the last 2 months... and we even used subs!

Im guessing someone who would rather walk than change his style has had someone mumble in his ear.

• Like 1

Three winnable games coming up (Birmingham, Millwall and Plymouth) makes this feel a big one, especially when you consider that Ipswich have Southampton and Norwich coming up and Leeds have tricky games against Hull and Coventry. It isn't impossible to see us having a bit of breathing room restored again within a couple of weeks if we can keep up the performance from today.

• Like 4

Absolutely dominated Norwich and deserved the win. Having Ndidi and Ricardo back makes a big difference. Nice to see us on the front foot trying to make things happen. 

First home win in about 6 weeks. 

On to Birmingham! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think that Enzo ball does look like that it’s just that with jeopardy; we revert to that. 

No.. EnzoBall is slow, (as Enzo tried to implement after we had scored) patient, pragmatic, build-up play, with multiple passes to move the opposition. There was a noticeable reduction in all of those traits in todays performance.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No.. EnzoBall is slow, (as Enzo tried to implement after we had scored) patient, pragmatic, build-up play, with multiple passes to move the opposition. There was a noticeable reduction in all of those traits in todays performance.

No mate. There was twice in that second half where we were knocking it repeatedly on the left and then ping switched play to the right having moved the players. This was the style but played far more effectively then in the last few games. 

Doyle was huge today. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We saw the use of Ndidi in the channel - something we've seen all season, especially when the team has played well 

We saw switches to the wingers after after narrowing the centre - something we've seen all season when we've played well 

But yeah it was so anti Enzo ball lol 

We executed a lot better, and I think Norwich set up allowed us to a certain extent but people see the result and assume we've abandoned Enzo ball completely, just because we won. But for me it was a lot of the same ideas, but players played better. Especially KDH as he is the one who can change a slow move into a forward attack when he receives the ball. 

It wasn’t walking football up to the half way line with the cbs and Winks passing around in tight areas ignoring the wingers and blasting the ball into a marked forward dropping back. 

The element of Enzo ball that has cost us games wasn’t on show for the majority of this game.  When they did slip back into it they started to let Norwich back into the game and make complacent passes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

It looked to me that we played more long/diagonal balls this game than the rest of the season combined, NOT hoofball, just fast intentional attacking balls, Doyle was a huge part of it, Fatuwu was outstanding, bith wingers provided options and instead of walking around at the back, we played with a intent to attack (well, once we went a goal down lol

Ill await the breakdown by the stattos, but that was a VERY different style to the last 2 months... and we even used subs!

Im guessing someone who would rather walk than change his style has had someone mumble in his ear.

I agree. And I'd go as far as say even when we started the league.

We could all see from game one what style Enzo wanted us to play,  but today's was different even to that.

No way in our second match of the season last year would we have pinged that many crossfield passes or driven forward that much without 38 midfield 'me to you's'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No mate. There was twice in that second half where we were knocking it repeatedly on the left and then ping switched play to the right having moved the players. This was the style but played far more effectively then in the last few games. 

Doyle was huge today. 

Ok.. your take on it. 

But I agree Doyle was a marked improvement on JJ 

16 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

You know regardless of differing opions regarding Enzo's style, it probably depends more on the opposition than us. 

Poor from Norwich probably means there manager hasn't done his homework.