Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

In my opinion.

We won that due to the Semi - (and a bit.more) abandonment of EnzoBall.

1st half was the best, and might I say the most entertaining we have played in a long time. Less tippy tappy, 'to me to you' pass fest in the name of control, and more to the playing to our individual players strengths.

Some may say it was because we had Ricardo and Doyle in the side ( yes we did look better and more balanced) but it was the lack of EnzoBall for me was the real reason.  We looked to get forward.

Yes around 70 mins we retreated to a bit of control and put ourselves under a bit of pressure but then tried to push on again. Which was pleasing 

For me there was noticeable increase in the amount of forward and cross field passes from previous matches and far less EnzoBall back and side passing to control. 

And didn't we look and perform so so much better for it.

Let's hope Enzo has learnt and plays the same way again. As said, we are better at it then EnzoBall.

Regarding retreating at 70 mins I think we can all accept that as part and parcel of the game, there will always come a point where Norwich regrouped and started to get hold of the ball a bit more, and I think we agree that in those moments conposure and a reset it sometimes needed. 

We had a great blend today of attack, defense and control. And you are right, in a lot of way it was anti-Enzoball. 
hopefully we see it more often toward the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Massive win to set up the rest of the season, great birthday present, thanks Leicester :)

We share a birthday! But you are right, best present we could have had today! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor first half, brilliant second half. I don't know why we think it acceptable to play like we did in the first 45. Team looked like they didn't care. Far more urgency, discipline and pace second half. Vardy can still do a job for us for a while yet. No idea why Enzo waited until 72 minutes to make any changes and then railroaded 5. What a strange bloke. Much needed 3 points.

Edited by Larry_LCFC

9 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Great performance. Wasn't expecting it. Doyle is such a better option at LB thought he was outstanding today. Mavididi worked his socks off all game making sure Doyle wasn't exposed as well. 

Only downside was I thought Fatawu was poor again. 

Fats has so much talent and can work hard for the team, he's only a teenager, the one player we have that you actually give a little time too and expect a few mistakes whilst he's growing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

When that KDH / Stephy axis is in full flow, it's pretty awesome. Doesn't click often enough, though imho.

So much better with Doyle there

Surely there's no better club to support than leicester the massive ups and the downs can't be compared to alot of clubs 😅 I wouldn't change it for the world though! Let's hope this gives us the momentum for the rest of the season! LTID! 🦊

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

@Markcan you transfer all the reacts Daggers gets for this to mozartfox please? Ban him for this too. Thanks very much.

LIKE my reply to Nalis to guarantee automatic promotion. :thumbup:

• Haha 4