Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

15 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

You can’t sack a manager with 4 games to go but if we don’t go up, he’ll be on shaky ground for next season. There’s also the problem of compensation and PSR…

You could put him on gardening leave for a month and offer another manager £100k 3 week contract with a £1 mil promotion bonus. We are paying him to do worse than nothing currently. An take part of Enzos bonuses off him if that person was succesful. 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There's a thread on this forum in which many of us confidently stated that Enzo's team was superior to that of Pearson in 2014. It was daft at the time, and it seems a whole lot dafter now. Any leader who only entertains one system, one set of players (with minimal rotation), and one shape, is clearly going to fall short of the most basic requirements of a manager.

If you're inexperienced in any line of work, you have to be open to ideas. It astounds me that the board were clearly looking for someone with such a single-minded vision. It suggests that their vision of the club is at odds with that of the fans, and that which brought us success. It feels like an on-going and utterly unjustified fixation with their weird notion of 'sustainable' football. Our FFP charges are also testament to that peculiar obsession. And any notion that he's an astute tactician or competent motivator should be quickly dismissed.

Still, I don't believe he should go. And I do believe he can take us up, and end up being considered a reasonably successful boss. But I have grave doubts about how much we've progressed under his leadership, and what might happen next.

That last paragraph!!..wtf?

Hello....

Bet you voted leave!😂

Whatever you think about him, there is absolutely no chance he walks or gets sacked, so this is it. Cross our fingers and hope we somehow stumble over the line, much like he seems to be doing.

• Like 2

Completely fixated on one formation. Relies heavily on out of form players, Is Unable to react tactically in games and fails to plan for the oppositions strengths and weaknesses. His best position is as a secondary coach to someone who knows what he’s doing. Sorry Enzo your out of your depth as a first team manager.

• Like 1

He needs to go but wont, when he came out with the "if there is any doubts I walk the next day", they should have been window shopping for a replacement manager, he will remain as will his squad selections, game plan, and philosophy 

I think he has some merit. The first 3/4 of the season show that. But he is inexperienced, and it's really showing now. I wouldn't sack him - mostly because we probably can't afford it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vazman said:

He needs to go but wont, when he came out with the "if there is any doubts I walk the next day", they should have been window shopping for a replacement manager, he will remain as will his squad selections, game plan, and philosophy 

That statement sticks out in my mind. Absolute Billy bull shitter. There is and has been doubt about his tactics for a while and he's still here. 

• Like 3

He has learnt absolutely NOTHING since the pattern emerged before Xmas against Sheff Wed, WBA, Boro and Leeds. 

Time and time and time and time again he has repeated the same garbage over and over again and done nothing to adapt.

His in game management is literally 0/10.

His complete failure to acknowledge that mentality and leadership is a clear issue and one step towards solving that would’ve been involving Coady A LOT more. 

I said this after the second losses to Leeds and Boro, just get us promoted and buggar off. Walk and go and manage Sampdoria. 

ANY average EFL manager would have had this side all but promoted by now and he is single handily costing us a top two finish. 

• Like 4

A while ago the question was put, boring football but promotion or entertaining football and playoffs..

The concensus seemed to be boring but playoffs.

Had the question been boring crap, crumble and blow a massive lead and playoffs or entertainment and playoffs, l think the answer may have been different!

He should go away and coach some youngsters because management at championship level is way beyond him.. But it wont happen with our feet of clay owners.

From resurgence to demolition, from father to son.
We are a prime example of how football clubs go bust.

• Like 1

Feels like he's fast tracked three years of Micky Adams into less than one. New blood following disaster, then looking fantastic and on course to bring back the good times then to lurching from disaster to disaster and completely out of ideas.

I'm not a trigger puller when it comes to managers. Even up to the Bristol City game I could see where he's coming from and generally I have been enjoying the football for the most part. 

The last few performances I've completely lost faith in him and do not trust him to take us into the playoff campaign we are inevitably going to fall into.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Out 

Retrospectively it was incredibly naive putting a novice with no senior staff in charge when promotion is/was badly needed 

Only we could do this, only Rudkin

Probably rang Top excited about how we'd got a guy who would get us playing like Man City

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

Now is the time for the board to make a statement and show that they’ve learnt from mistakes in the past.

Well, it would be if they had done, however I'm really not sure they have