Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

WBA (H) Saturday

On 12/04/2024 at 22:50, Bryn said:

Hermansen

Ricardo Coady Vestergaard Justin

Fatawu Choudhury Winks Mavididi

Cannon Vardy

FOUR FOUR ****ING TWO

Dewsbury-Hall for Choudhury, notwithstanding the midfield being heavily weighted towards attacking, and I'm with you 100%

On 12/04/2024 at 22:50, Bryn said:

Hermansen

Ricardo Coady Vestergaard Justin

Fatawu Choudhury Winks Mavididi

Cannon Vardy

FOUR FOUR ****ING TWO

Always makes me laugh when I see anyone suggesting 442. As dated now as when my Dad used to tell me x-player was a Wing-half or a half back.

The last time we truly played 442 was under Pearson. I've only seen Rovrum play two up top this season and if the last ten years tells us anything it's that Vardy doesn't do well in a partnership (Wood, Ulloa, Slimani) needs someone playing in behind him and that's not really Cannon's game it's Nacho.

Nice idea but pie in the sky

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Just speaking to a mate of mine who's a Baggies fan. He says we've no reason to worry on Saturday. They're on a run of one win in five, and they're only fit striker was sent off at the weekend.

That's even more reason to worry when it comes to the every-obliging Leicester City lol

• Like 4

On 14/04/2024 at 09:11, Chelmofox said:

How many games would Riccy have lasted playing a wing back role. 

That's exactly it. Ricky is a CDM now. He doesn't have the legs anymore to be a fullback, wingback, etc. He can't get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes. The inverted fullback role has gotten the most out of him this season, but perhaps it's time to see if him and winks can be a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Always makes me laugh when I see anyone suggesting 442. As dated now as when my Dad used to tell me x-player was a Wing-half or a half back.

The last time we truly played 442 was under Pearson. I've only seen Rovrum play two up top this season and if the last ten years tells us anything it's that Vardy doesn't do well in a partnership (Wood, Ulloa, Slimani) needs someone playing in behind him and that's not really Cannon's game it's Nacho.

Cannon played ina front two at Preston last season, usually the one in the withdrawn role as well.

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

That's exactly it. Ricky is a CDM now. He doesn't have the legs anymore to be a fullback, wingback, etc. He can't get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes. The inverted fullback role has gotten the most out of him this season, but perhaps it's time to see if him and winks can be a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1. 

Agreed. Doyle LB, Justin RB and Ricardo and Winks as a pairing. That leaves KDH or Yunus behind the striker, or radically Cannon there behind Daka/Vardy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I wasn’t really serious.

4-4-2 still a good formation for a team that plays a low block counter attack game mind.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. Doyle LB, Justin RB and Ricardo and Winks as a pairing. That leaves KDH or Yunus behind the striker, or radically Cannon there behind Daka/Vardy.

Yunus is probably the most "creative" #10 Leicester has, and would be the best fit in that CAM role. That said, I would fully expect KDH to be played there for work rate, leadership, set piece delivery, etc. Cannon would excite me to be played there, but not even in my wildest dreams does Maresca start two strikers lol

The more I think about the alternatives to Maresca's preferred formation, the more I realize we are actually pretty thin in a lot of areas. We don't have really anyone I feel comfortable playing wingback, let alone two of them. We don't have much in the creative attacking midfielder role that can unlock a defense. We don't have anyone good in the air to throw on as a second striker when chasing a game. I don't understand how these pieces fit together. It's like someone went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of expensive ingredients but they don't fit together. 

• Like 3

I always wondered if he'd end up using Albrighton in that deeper midfield role, similar to how Milner did in the latter part of his career at Liverpool. Not sure he could have done the inverted role like Ricky but he might have been able to cover Winks in a few games where we've been comfortably ahead. It's the one position we don't have cover for and we're lucky he's had an injury-free season. Marc's certainly got the ability to play strikers in down the channels and keep the ball ticking over and he was never going to get much of a chance on that right side with Fatawu and Yunus on that side too.

5 hours ago, lcfc67 said:

I'm equally p*ssed off with recent events but we really need to back the lads on Saturday. These are truly the most important next 4 games we have had for a while and we just have to do our part. If they fail it shouldn't be down to lack of support. Too often our home support has been passive/non-existent this season. This has to be Birmingham at home on steroids to see if we can make a difference. If Leeds lose and we beat WBA and Saints we are up. Lack of vocal chords on my behalf means I know I did my bit

I agree. I think we need to shake them out of their lethargy though than so much as getting behind them. 

I’m not  a fan of ‘Get into ‘em and feck them up’ these days as in my head in translates to ‘Get into ‘em, go down to 10 men’ . It might be called for on Saturday though. 

4 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Just speaking to a mate of mine who's a Baggies fan. He says we've no reason to worry on Saturday. They're on a run of one win in five, and they're only fit striker was sent off at the weekend.

You realise Plymouth hadn't scored a goal of their own in 6 games before Friday? :D

• Like 1

:scarf: 4-0 win. Calling it now!

Mads

Coady Vestegaard Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Albrighton Akgun KDH Fatawu

Cannon

60th minute:

Mavididi, Ndidi, Vardy on

Albrighton, Akgun and Cannon off 

70th minute:

Justin, Choudhury on

Doyle, Pereira off 

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Twitcher said:

5-0 defeat on the cards  then :(

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

2015-2016 team didn't play 442 then? No?

6 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

We played 452 tbf.

Drinkwater in the middle then Kante either side of him.

Any mention of N’golo makes me despondent for what we had  . Player that  can’t head the ball or shoot but can nick the ball off you and while you’re wondering where it went he’s started an attack in the opposite direction . A player that comes around every 10 years or so