Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

WBA (H) Saturday

52 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

None of this scared to lose crappy football we’ve fell into playing.  Start at a high tempo and blitz them.  Be more direct and let players gamble at beating a man. Don’t be scared to lose the ball in their half. You don’t need to play 78 passes in order to score. Don’t wait till you’re a goal behind and there’s ten mins left, with the opposition time wasting most of that, before you start playing. 

There’s a lot in this— technical, expansive football has its time and place. But when you’re on an extremely bad run of form and can no longer afford moral victories, it’s time to get back to basics. Rodgers couldn’t accept that and his attempts to out-football his way past our troubling form led to over-complicating the tactics and a confused squad that couldn’t buy a win. 

Let’s see how Enzo handles things, maybe that hour-long team talk after the Preston game was the turning point…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The_77 said:

There’s a lot in this— technical, expansive football has its time and place. But when you’re on an extremely bad run of form and can no longer afford moral victories, it’s time to get back to basics. Rodgers couldn’t accept that and his attempts to out-football his way past our troubling form led to over-complicating the tactics and a confused squad that couldn’t buy a win. 

Let’s see how Enzo handles things, maybe that hour-long team talk after the Preston game was the turning point…

Is that a typo or have you had a disturbing vision of the near future...? :o

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have been saying for months now that someone is going to be on the end of a right pasting! Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 5-0 win on the cards!!

I fuching hope so but I had the same feeling especially after a mate was saying the other night he can see the Baggies being on the real end of a spanking on Saturday as Leicester have had some poor results of and they’ll want to get us back to the EPL and of late the Baggies can’t buy a win said he could see us start our climb back to the top winning last 3 & drawing v Southampton !

Let’s hope Dirty Leeds Ipswich & Southampton drop further points !

COYF !

Edited by justfoxes

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have been saying for months now that someone is going to be on the end of a right pasting! Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 5-0 win on the cards!!

There aren't any pastings coming from us now. If we win this its going to be something like 2-1 and it will be the fans getting it over the line (as it was against Brum).

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is why Faes always gets picked irrespective of his form. The inverted full-back system leaves us open to being counter-attacked down that side (which both Millwall and Plymouth exploited to full effect). Although Faes is not especially quick, he's quicker than Vestergaard and Doyle, so can - theoretically at least - cover for Ricardo when he goes bombing forward. The fact that Faes is not performing this function very well at all has cost us points recently, but I suspect Maresca's terror of playing Vestergaard and Coady together means that Faes will probably keep his place.

The inverted full back tactic inherently leaves us exposed on the right side of our defence. For most of this season, however,  we've managed that risk quite well through Faes playing almost as a RB when we are in possession. More recently, though, we've seen not only the inverted full back high up the pitch but Faes looking to replicate the overlapping centre back role seen at Sheff U under Chris Wilder. That then leaves an absolute chasm of space for the oppo to exploit if they turn over possession. Whether Faes is going rogue, or has been instructed to do this by Enzo to give us an overload, this madness needs to stop now. Pretty sure that if Coady is brought into the team in place of Faes, he will be staying back and covering the RB space, assuming Enzo sticks with the inverted full back. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Anyone else feeling pre-match nerves already?!

Not at all. I don't believe Maresca has the foresight to change anything so why bother. Expect the usual, hope for the unexpected and realize the stubborn fool will likely continue to dig a deeper hole. Hope i'm wrong

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Who is the ref for this game?  For once can it be someone that will do us a favour?

Thomas Bramall

Ref'd our 3-0 win at home against Preston in October

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Cant remember him, but he cant have been as bad as that novice we had twice with Sunderland and Milwall.

Maybe it’s Sunny Singh gill again?

I wouldn’t say he was a great referee last time around but came across as no nonsense. Maybe a tad over reactive with his whistle?

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Win this and I swear to God, I'll mow the lawn.

That's a promise.

No point mentioning that to my wife.

Don't want to get her hopes up.

Do this and I will wash the car. Thats a promise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Win this and I swear to God, I'll mow the lawn.

That's a promise.

No point mentioning that to my wife.

Don't want to get her hopes up.

Win with a clean sheet and I’ll jet wash  the slabs ……and that’s a chore !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Maybe it’s Sunny Singh gill again?

I wouldn’t say he was a great referee last time around but came across as no nonsense. Maybe a tad over reactive with his whistle?

I remember him being pretty solid at a game early on in the season, and followed it up with a stinker at Sunderland where he gave us nothing (apart from that Choudhury pen shout).

13 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I fuching hope so but I had the same feeling especially after a mate was saying the other night he can see the Baggies being on the real end of a spanking on Saturday as Leicester have had some poor results of and they’ll want to get us back to the EPL and of late the Baggies can’t buy a win said he could see us start our climb back to the top winning last 3 & drawing v Southampton !

Let’s hope Dirty Leeds Ipswich & Southampton drop further points !

COYF !

Wed win the league with 10 points regardless of what the others do.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_77 said:

I remember the opposite under Rodgers. There were multiple times last season where we were on a bad run of form and we would revert to a more attacking, free flowing style only for us to return to that rigid, slow paced style once the pressure was off. I remember @Matt being shut down on here for being sceptical whenever we had a decent win because it would mean Rodgers would get comfortable again and put the shackles back on our players.

• Thanks 1