Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

WBA (H) Saturday

Wilf just doesnt seem to be concentrating its like he has a problem somewhere.Dennis when fit is very good in most part of his game without being risky or flash.Got to change from the back 3 and give Nacho at least 20 mins if we need to 

14 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Wilf just doesnt seem to be concentrating its like he has a problem somewhere.Dennis when fit is very good in most part of his game without being risky or flash.Got to change from the back 3 and give Nacho at least 20 mins if we need to 

Wilf is playing a position that he really can’t. It worked initially, but it’s not working now. He needs to be dropped deeper to support winks and push KHD higher up the pitch. 

16 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Thank Christ his contract is up 

1-1 draw... not enough I know.

Foot in both camps. Should be a few

Kevin Phillips

Curtis Davies

Geoff Horsfield 

Joe Mattock

Johnny Evans

Stefan Moore

Danny Simpson? - Not sure

Chris Wood

Roman Bednar

Marc Albrighton

any more

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kevin Phillips

Curtis Davies

Geoff Horsfield 

Joe Mattock

Johnny Evans

Stefan Moore

Chris Wood

Roman Bednar

Marc Albrighton

any more

Laurie Cunningham

Franz Carr

Mark Grew

Russell Hoult

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

Win our next 2 we’re basically up… not confident in it but I think that’s where we stand. Ipswich got 2 incredibly tough away games and look fatigued, Leeds have also 2 incredibly tough away games and are just full of nerves 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kevin Phillips

Curtis Davies

Geoff Horsfield 

Joe Mattock

Johnny Evans

Stefan Moore

Chris Wood

Roman Bednar

Marc Albrighton

any more

Roman Bednar.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Drop the inverted full back and switch to more traditional wing backs. Ricardo and JJ are both much better in those roles. Drop Wilf, bring in Cannon and Akgun. Would something like this be too drastic a change.

Mads 

Coady       Vesty      Doyle 

Ricardo                                                  Justin 

KDH                     Winks 

Praet 

Cannon                              Vardy 

Great idea, but my concern would be is that Cannon's playing style is similar to Vardy's.  And however much I too would like to see him on the pitch I'd rather have the tried and tested version on. 

But spot on with regards to tactics and style.

But there is a bigger problem still...

ENZO and his EnzoBall.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Winks is still giving it everything. Wilf looks like he has switched off to me. Rather start Preat or Akgun right now.

Wilf, not interested? The guy who spent half the season injured yet still managed to find time to do photoshoots for clothing brands and jewellery? Can't believe it. He's not looked right since that last layoff.

For me Akgun has the same sort of enthusiasm as Fatawu, always celebrates like a kid who just got Alton Towers tickets. Praet works hard but you need match-winners and Yunus has that bit more of a spark.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Great idea, but my concern would be is that Cannon's playing style is similar to Vardy's.  And however much I too would like to see him on the pitch I'd rather have the tried and tested version on. 

But spot on with regards to tactics and style.

But there is a bigger problem still...

ENZO and his EnzoBall.

The problem isn't Enzoball it's the tempo. Look at Friday. We were all over them til they scored. Quick moves, switching the ball, plenty of shots. They scored and we went to sleep. Slow passes, sideways not forwards, belief gone.

Again Enzoball was fine til we hit this run now it's become the lazy analysis for the people that didn't want him here in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kevin Phillips

Curtis Davies

Geoff Horsfield 

Joe Mattock

Johnny Evans

Stefan Moore

Chris Wood

Roman Bednar

Marc Albrighton

any more

Diomansy Kamara 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kevin Phillips

Curtis Davies

Geoff Horsfield 

Joe Mattock

Johnny Evans

Stefan Moore

Chris Wood

Roman Bednar

Marc Albrighton

any more

Enzo Maresca.

It's just about the wins now, however they come about.

As much as an Enzo critic I have been, it's been not finishing chances that has been the main problem and not defending well enough to keep clean sheets.

Coady and Cannon have to start, simple as that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's just about the wins now, however they come about.

As much as an Enzo critic I have been, it's been not finishing chances that has been the main problem and not defending well enough to keep clean sheets.

Coady and Cannon have to start, simple as that.

I can’t believe that Coady hasn’t been involved, maybe Enzo thinks he’s too slow to play alongside Vestergaard ?
Faes plays with so much arrogance, probably because he’s realised his place is safe, which is so dangerously arrogant for Maresca not to see, when to most of us, it’s obvious.

Edited by STEVIE B

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

The problem isn't Enzoball it's the tempo. Look at Friday. We were all over them til they scored. Quick moves, switching the ball, plenty of shots. They scored and we went to sleep. Slow passes, sideways not forwards, belief gone.

Again Enzoball was fine til we hit this run now it's become the lazy analysis for the people that didn't want him here in the first place.

I agree with you with regards to this tempo, we are slow and pedestrian.

However I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on the subject of  EnzoBall being the route cause my friend..,👍

9 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I can’t believe that Coady hasn’t been involved, maybe Enzo thinks he’s too slow to play alongside Vestergaard ?
Faes plays with so much arrogance, probably because he’s realised his place is safe, which is so dangerously arrogant for Maresca not to see, when to most of us, it’s obvious.

Faes pace is useless if he cannot defend properly, Coady stops that goal v Plymouth, he either blocks him or fouls him either way it's not a goal

• Like 2

Would like to see Souttar and Cannon start. 

Two good players frozen out unfairly and, with Faes and Daka/Vardy not performing, they could make the difference.

With Souttar, he'd offer so much from set-pieces, both attacking and defensive. Remember West Brom loved a long throw in the first match.

Although he's worse on the ball than Faes and Coady, I do believe he's better in defence than both of them. I feel like what he'd bring to the team would outweigh what we'd lose.

With Cannon, he likes to get early shots off, which I like.

Our plan is to create the 'perfect chance'. The idea being that, although we'll get less of them, we should score more when it does come off.

The problem is that we're missing these big chances, so the gameplan isn't working. With that in mind, we might as shoot earlier and gamble that one or two of those shots do go in.

Cannon in particular would offer that.

Changes to the XI are definitely needed at the very least.

Edited by sporter113
More thoughts on Cannon and Souttar.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Drop the inverted full back and switch to more traditional wing backs. Ricardo and JJ are both much better in those roles. Drop Wilf, bring in Cannon and Akgun. Would something like this be too drastic a change.

Mads 

Praet 

If we were to do anything(which we wont) like that surely it's a 343.

Let's go with the base of your team. 

Hermansen

Coady Vestegaard Doyle
Ricardo Ndidi Winks Justin
Fatawu Vardy Mavididi
Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Mads 

Praet 

This would be a dream, even Nacho for Cannon or Daka.

never happening though