Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Blackburn (H) Match-Thread

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Unimportant game but I can’t wait for some of these players to bugger off. 

No game is unimportant. You play to win. Even in training you play to win. You either have that mentality or you serve up this sort of toss. Yeah we’re up. We can discuss how you’re all feeling after a few games in the Prem - but I predict a riot. 

• Like 1

Similar to the millwall and Plymouth games. All the possession all the chances, but garbage defending allows breakaway goals. I know it's all done but what if it was between us and ipswich for the title today? Wouldn't be a great atmosphere at all. Why are we not difficult to beat and how have we won the league losing 11 games? Quite astonishing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not angry or that bothered just a tad disappointed there wasn’t some entertainment. 

Blackburn did do us a favour at Leeds a few weeks ago so only fair we rolled over for them.

I really think we need a whole new defence this summer. 

• Like 2

They said in commentary Blackburn would have gone down with a draw which isn't right, a draw and they still would have stayed up shame we lost the last game takes the shine off it for me 😏 still a great achievement to win the league though!

Wank performance. Flip it, today it really doesn't matter, but the party could have been wild with a performance.

Next season probably won't be very fun. Enjoy the summer everyone. :scarf:

Whilst you can say players were on the beach, I don't think that performance was different to too many recently prior to the West Brom game.

Low tempo against a low block never looking like creating much.

Need pace in the back 4 next season, Vestergaard was soft for their goal but was worse seeing Szmodics hesitate and still be able to outrun the retreating defenders. Also need to try work more situations where we can get our wingers one v one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TWUKO said:

Similar to the millwall and Plymouth games. All the possession all the chances, but garbage defending allows breakaway goals. I know it's all done but what if it was between us and ipswich for the title today? Wouldn't be a great atmosphere at all. Why are we not difficult to beat and how have we won the league losing 11 games? Quite astonishing!

I agree on the performance, but if it was a shoot out for the title I don't think we would have played like that, or had as many goodbyes cameos.

Losing that many as Champions is odd, but we just don't draw games—that's why. It's win or bust.

• Like 2

I would say we should break the bank for Smodics, but it appears from reports that the bank is already broken.

Notable that this was such an utter deflation of a game that there hasn't been a post match thread.

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I hope those who demanded I ceased doing match threads are happy with themselves.

:thumbup:

So, all that's left for me to say is - @NaijaFox, your thread was shit. It began in a sloppy fashion, the middle bit was dull, and the result was predictable. You've let the team down, you've let you're family and friends down, but most of all you let yourself down.

Spend your summer in deep contemplation.

• Haha 4

Just now, Vacamion said:

I would say we should break the bank for Smodics, but it appears from reports that the bank is already broken.

Notable that this was such an utter deflation of a game that there hasn't been a post match thread.

I don't think there should be really. Match was rubbish, other threads can cover what happened (Albrighton leaving, Champions, Vardy TIFO etc). Mods should just delete any attempts at a post-match thread 😉.

• Haha 2

Disappointed to finish on 97 points when a win today would have been a round 100 and would have even good to get another big win and have scored more than Ipswich. But I have wanted Brum to go down for a while so it’s acceptable as it caused that! Even thought I was willing us to keep going until the end.

Anyone seen Muzzy Izzet lately? He looks a bit rough, he looks like he’s got a blacked out Range Rover and around 10 barbers and car washes as money laundering fronts!!