Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Marc Albrighton opens up on future after 'perfect' Leicester City exit

Hope he continues is career, that experience is so important to pass down through to the younger players.

17 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is he a villa fan? If not Birmingham in league one could be perfect for him to play all season, whip balls in box and help them get back promoted. 

I think he's too good for League One, still.

Probably won't play every game if he stays in the Championship next season, but he'll be more than worthwhile to still perform when he does play. Still got a lot to offer.

• Like 3

Interesting to see where he goes. Deserves to play football for the next couple of years. 

Not sure he's a guaranteed first teamer at a promotion challenger. He would help them but if he wants to play, he may have to drop further. 

Wrexham? Might be worth his agent seeing what they would offer. 

Wasn’t he frozen out for most of the first season by NP ? I seem to remember a bit of a spat when his missus went on Face Book to have a dig at his treatment . His appearance stats would’ve been great but for that 

• Like 1

One of the many issues I have with Enzo's philosophy is the massive misuse of Albrighton this season.

Id love to ask him why he's laughing because Albrighton does more in a minute than our wingers had all game against Blackburn. He wouldn't have been laughing if Bristol, Millwall and Plymouth games cost him promotion, his job and reputation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

They can forget any notion of nabbing Vardy but if Wrexham want one of our out-of-contract players, Albrighton would run riot in that division, whipping those crosses in. I wouldn't rule out a third successive promotion if they were to sign him up.

A Leicester legend in every sense. Overcame a difficult start to cement his spot and achieve the Greatest Escape. Won the PL, FA Cup and Community Shield, scored our first ever Champions League goal and got another in our win over Sevilla. And now part of the squad that bounced back at the first attempt, helping us to win the Championship title for a record eighth time.

While League One is below his level, he deserves to play for an upwardly mobile club intent on achieving more success. If that isn't going to come at Championship level, I think he'd have a lovely time in North Wales.

I would love that for him. With Fletcher, Mullin and co to get on the end of his crosses? They'd rip some defences to pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What an all round professional. Proved himself time and time again to different managers. He's one of a kind now. 

Sums up modern football, Villa wanted more glamorous players no doubt, letting go arguably the owner one of the best Premier League deliveries ever.

Their loss our gain,. I heard they were going to be the new Leicester this year so probably doesn't matter to them

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

One of the many issues I have with Enzo's philosophy is the massive misuse of Albrighton this season.

Id love to ask him why he's laughing because Albrighton does more in a minute than our wingers had all game against Blackburn. He wouldn't have been laughing if Bristol, Millwall and Plymouth games cost him promotion, his job and reputation. 

Crickey your angry 😂😂

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is he a villa fan? If not Birmingham in league one could be perfect for him to play all season, whip balls in box and help them get back promoted. 

Nah very much doubt he'll go small heath, I think he occasional would attend a Villa match on his days off from Leicester. He would never be able to go again, if he turned up as regular at St Andrews. I'm not sure if there's anything in the talk of him joining Burton in league one, I think he was brought up the road in Tamworth. So may kind of may sense. Unless he decides to drop into the national league with Tamworth who knows.. seen it happen.

Honestly love the guy, goes down as a Leicester great, forever welcome back to the KP. Maybe we will see him the dugout again at Leicester in maybe a coaching capacity, who knows.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Premier League champion

First ever Leicester goalscorer in the Champions League

Champions League quarter finalist

Helped set a new English football record in the 9-0

FA Cup winner

Community Shield winner

Europa Conference League semi finalist

Championship winner

FREE TRANSFER.

• Like 4