Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
les-tah

Gabriel Pereira

Posted (edited)

Here we go fellas, a new name out of nowhere (despite what that tweet and the original article say, I've not seen him mentioned before). Gotta love this hopeful part of the silly season 😁.

Right-footed CB. 24 years old. Brazilian. 6' 2".

Screenshot_20240507-204240.thumb.png.2a4ff197a96dfc6b64ea03d2e1be456e.png

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

Brazilian defender Gabriel Pereira is one of the best midfiels in the Portuguese league this season. Owned by Gil Vicente, in January it was very close to the transfer to England: on that occasion Leicester put forward a loan offer with a redemption obligation set at five million euros in case of promotion but the agreement will not go through because the Portuguese company - in the slums of the ranking - did not want to lose a key element of its eleven owner.

However, the speech will change in the summer, when in addition to Leicester there will also be other clubs: in Portugal Gabriel Pereira is a fan of Benfica and Sporting Braga, while in France he ended up in the crosshairs of Olympique Lyon. However, there is also an Italian company that is monitoring its growth: this is Udinese, a club that can sink the blow if it stays in Serie A. Its market valuation is around EUR 6-7 million.

• Like 1

From wiki on his playing style - 

Pereira is an ambidextrous centre-back who is a great tackler in 1v1 situations and when recovering from deep. He is an excellent passer who can eliminate pressure, and can also play long-diagonals to start up offensive play. He opts for risky maneuvers sometimes instead of making the most conventional decisions.

Ambidextrous - Use of both right and left hands.  I think in this context they meant both right and left foots. 

• Like 3

I like the sound of his profile, don't know anything about him (probably a good thing).

I dispute the veracity of us having tried to sign him in January though, highly doubt that even though I remember the reports at the time.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Here we go fellas, a new name out of nowhere (despite what that tweet and the original article say, I've not seen him mentioned before). Gotta love this hopeful part of the silly season 😁.

Right-footed CB. 24 years old. Brazilian. 6' 2".

Screenshot_20240507-204240.thumb.png.2a4ff197a96dfc6b64ea03d2e1be456e.png

I mentioned him in a random guess of who can come in tbf 😆

Screenshot_20240507_221208_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Reminds me of Fofana

Nice find! Agreed, I get that from the video too. Kind of lanky but strong, and calm under pressure. Seems to be deceptively quick too. The chipped passes are quite interesting to see too.

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Played 8 games this season ? I mean, Fofana hadn’t had a lot of experience but just curious why his appearances were so low

He's played 29 this season apparently.

FC Porto is closer to securing Gabriel Pereira, according to "O Jogo"

Real Betis, CSKA Moscow and Leicester also show interest in the player.

Gil bought Gabriel Pereira for 650 thousand euros (50% of the pass) from Vilafranquense in the last winter market.

Feel like this definitely has some legs to it, especially given the club's interest dates all the way back to December for Gabriel Pereira (I don't know if they were actually going to make an attempt to sign him though for that particular window).

9QtedMG.png

I find this kind of unusual given that statistically he doesn't seem too similar to our wide CBs. The links for Anselmo McNulty or Trai Hume by comparison look a lot more similar to JJ.

But that said we are playing a system that not many other teams use. So it's all about the raw ingredients. The video above seems pretty encouraging. He can use both feet and is pretty quick, as well as being comfortable on the ball and good at making forward passes. Pace is definitely something we need to address. Vestergaard is slow but I think offers enough when on the ball in the build-up to still warrant a place. Doyle is slow for a young player and Faes whilst not slow is calamitous on the ball. It's not a surprise that when we lose games, Faes has a stinker.

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

9QtedMG.png

I find this kind of unusual given that statistically he doesn't seem too similar to our wide CBs. The links for Anselmo McNulty or Trai Hume by comparison look a lot more similar to JJ.

But that said we are playing a system that not many other teams use. So it's all about the raw ingredients. The video above seems pretty encouraging. He can use both feet and is pretty quick, as well as being comfortable on the ball and good at making forward passes. Pace is definitely something we need to address. Vestergaard is slow but I think offers enough when on the ball in the build-up to still warrant a place. Doyle is slow for a young player and Faes whilst not slow is calamitous on the ball. It's not a surprise that when we lose games, Faes has a stinker.

Could he be the Vestergaard player? His passing stats don't suggest so but Gil Vicente might not play anything like we play so they get lost in the data.

Him being two footed, pretty quick and good at bailing out is basically what Ben Nelson has in his armoury too. But a year in the Championship playing regularly could be planned for Nelson?