Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Jordan James

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/26/leicester-city-west-ham-jordan-james-transfer-fight/

Leicester City face West Ham competition for Birmingham City midfielder.

Leicester City are facing fresh competition for Birmingham City midfielder Jordan James with West Ham also keen, as per reporter Alan Nixon.

Leicester City are heading up to the Premier League and while they’ve got to be careful with their spending, the Foxes will be hopeful of making some additions.

A PSR punishment awaits Enzo Maresca’s side, so key assets may have to be sold while those brought in will have to be in shrewd deals as they look to stay on the right side of regulations this time around.

One player the club has been credited with an interest in is Birmingham City midfielder Jordan James.

Now, fresh claims have emerged regarding the summer battle for his signature.

Reporter Alan Nixon states on his Patreon that Leicester City and long-term admirers Atalanta look to be facing competition from West Ham in the fight for the 19-year-old Welshman. Julen Lopetegui, the Hammers’ new boss, eyed James during his time at Wolves, and contact has been made.

James managed eight goals in 42 Championship games last season and it seems highly likely that he moves on from Birmingham City following their relegation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Jordan James to James Justin. Back to James. James to Justin, Justin back to James. 

Also, both have reversible names. Nightmare!

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he's overrated, but the interest that Atalanta have in him is pretty telling.

He hardly set the world alight for a relegated Birmingham side, so expecting him to make the step up to Premier League level seems foolhardy to me. Atalanta typically loan their players out and develop them till they are ready. I think he could become a good player, but relying on him hitting the ground running I don't see happening.

Here are his stats, easy enough to see the interest from both us and Atalanta. A pressing machine who carries a goal threat and progresses the ball. Definitely has that rough diamond feel to him, bit I'd dare say he could do with another season or two in the Championship.

aRxHGkO.png

8 goals from central midfield for a crap team isn't bad. His lack of creativity this season is something to consider though. KDH wasn't ever what I'd class as creative either prior to playing under Enzo so perhaps there's something the club think they can work with.

He strikes me as the pure box to box type player we are missing though rather than a ball progressor.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he's overrated, but the interest that Atalanta have in him is pretty telling.

He hardly set the world alight for a relegated Birmingham side, so expecting him to make the step up to Premier League level seems foolhardy to me. Atalanta typically loan their players out and develop them till they are ready. I think he could become a good player, but relying on him hitting the ground running I don't see happening.

Here are his stats, easy enough to see the interest from both us and Atalanta. A pressing machine who carries a goal threat and progresses the ball. Definitely has that rough diamond feel to him, bit I'd dare say he could do with another season or two in the Championship.

aRxHGkO.png

This chart is comparing him to Attacking Midfielders and wingers (hence how he's in the ~90th percentile for all of his defensive stats) which he definitely isn't. He considers himself more of a defensive midfielder, it was Rooney that tried to get him to play further forward but at best he's box-to-box. 

In which case:

image.png.5e416cb5a43e5582c66523de80014a17.png

image.thumb.png.86d5f2302324d17f9774de3c895cf7e9.png

• Thanks 1