Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 16/03/2018 at 15:57, urban.spaceman said:

Danny Boyle possibly doing the next Bond - can't ****ing wait for that to happen.

Meh. 

Let's  be honest, it could go wildly either way. 

I'm not sure I want to watch a Bond that's praised for its artistic value. 

I like Danny Boyle, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit like lining up Christopher Nolan to direct Pride and Prejudice or Wes Anderson doing a reboot job of Terminator*. 

COULD be amazing. Could end up being odd for the sakes of it. 

*I would so watch that. 

Edited by Finnegan

On 13/03/2018 at 08:46, lgfualol said:

My gf wanted to watch Mamma Mia and I thought I would be nice and watch it too.

Big mistake. What a giant pile of shit film. Avoid at all costs if you haven't watched it yet.

Nice one, I got roped into watching Moulin Rouge and it actually made me angry. I reckon Mamma Mia was next on her list.

On 19/03/2018 at 11:08, Finnegan said:

Meh. 

Let's  be honest, it could go wildly either way. 

I'm not sure I want to watch a Bond that's praised for its artistic value. 

I like Danny Boyle, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit like lining up Christopher Nolan to direct Pride and Prejudice or Wes Anderson doing a reboot job of Terminator*. 

COULD be amazing. Could end up being odd for the sakes of it. 

*I would so watch that. 

Struggling to picture a Boyle bond, I'm expecting a brilliant opening scene and theme song... the actual film could be absolutely anything like you say. 

• Like 1

Finally got to see the latest Star Wars. I'm a big fan, watched the original at the ABC (or was it the old Odeon) in Leicester and I even liked the second trilogy but I found "the last Jedi" to be very poor. It was truly Disney. Seemed to be aimed at 6 year olds, some of the acting was atrocious, the fight scenes ridiculous and everything very predictable. Not even the non-humans were interesting. I watched it through to the end only because it was Star Wars. If it hadn't had that name attached I'd have stopped 10 minutes in.

Sad, Sad day.

Molly's Game = excellent.

Went to see it on the 'Silver Screen' with all the old dears today. Only £3 to get in and a free cup of tea!!

A really interesting story and if you're into poker you'll love it. Idris Elba struggled with the american accent a bit but Jessica Chastain was superb. And for 40 years old she's still got one hell of a rack on her which was a huge distraction throughout.

The Outsider - Netflix Original.

Worth a watch, story about a white fella (Jared Leto) joining a Yakuza family. Considering some of the netflix original plop that's been released it kept me watching, even if it's a bit predictable.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Molly's Game = excellent.

Went to see it on the 'Silver Screen' with all the old dears today. Only £3 to get in and a free cup of tea!!

A really interesting story and if you're into poker you'll love it. Idris Elba struggled with the american accent a bit but Jessica Chastain was superb. And for 40 years old she's still got one hell of a rack on her which was a huge distraction throughout.

agreed really enjoyed it, on for a while though but seemed to go pretty quick.