Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778
On 24/09/2017 at 17:19, Unabomber said:

Nice let me know what you think if you do see it mate 

I only just got round to seeing Mother! I’ve never been so anxious and unsettled watching a film, i thought it was great and it goes pretty deep, I’m guessing it’s alluding to the creation of Earth, the complexion of mankind and its destructive nature. 

I was not sure whether to post in this thread or to put it in grinds my gears thread.

Lack of originality in revenge movies really get on my nerve now namely Death Wish being the latest one.   Bruce Willis also have a poor taste in movies lately which is a shame.  Just seen that he is making another Die Hard film FFS.  

On 12/04/2018 at 09:32, seanfox778 said:

I only just got round to seeing Mother! I’ve never been so anxious and unsettled watching a film, i thought it was great and it goes pretty deep, I’m guessing it’s alluding to the creation of Earth, the complexion of mankind and its destructive nature. 

It is a curious movie. In truth, I'm not sure quite what to make of it. On the plus side, it is watchably weird as opposed to just plain nonsensical garbage. I've certainly seen much less coherent arty farty bollocks, let's put it that way.

I'm actually starting to admire Jennifer Lawrence. I get the impression she really is trying to learn and improve her trade.

On 22/03/2018 at 18:54, Alf Bentley said:

You only need one Abba-oriented film..... an oldie, but a good one:

On 22/03/2018 at 20:40, urban.spaceman said:

Genuinely one of the best films of all time ever.

On 22/03/2018 at 20:49, foxy boxing said:

totally brilliant film  Tania to Muriel" who do you think you are to call me that! i'm married, i'm beautiful" then she pulls an ugly face. hilarious..

On 22/03/2018 at 21:51, urban.spaceman said:

One of the best lines in the film is just before that, by Tania again:

"I'm giving it another chance with Chook -- as soon as he gets out of the correction centre.

They've accused him of raping a Japanese tourist, which is ridiculous!

Chook hates the Japanese!"

If you enjoyed Muriel.. i recommend "The Castle" as an Oz classic.

Be warned it is VERY Oz and quite dated now so it may NOT translate to the UK in 2018.

But it is Brilliant! - "Its the vibe of the thing"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2018 at 20:48, Alf Bentley said:

One of countless outstanding scenes from an outstanding film that I must watch again soon....

How to say it all with music, sound and facial expression...

Love this film, Henry Fonda is fantastic and Claudia Cardinale absolutely stunning, Sergio Leone directed some of my favourite movies, this, Once Upon a time in America and The Good The Bad and The Ugly all amazing.

On 09/04/2018 at 16:02, seanfox778 said:

Highlander - 7/10

Dated but great, one of the most random film plots ever. A group of immortals roam the earth and duel with other immortals, the only way to defeat each other is by decapitation, they then absorb their energy or power or something and carry on until "There can be only one". 

shokxone_highlander.jpg

Who wants to live forever? Used to love this film, I think Clancy Brown from Shawshank is in it....

19 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Love this film, Henry Fonda is fantastic and Claudia Cardinale absolutely stunning, Sergio Leone directed some of my favourite movies, this, Once Upon a time in America and The Good The Bad and The Ugly all amazing.

I was reading recently that A Fistful of Dollars is being re-released, to be followed by A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

All classics.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Who wants to live forever? Used to love this film, I think Clancy Brown from Shawshank is in it....

Yeah, I noticed that for the first time. Shows how long it was since I last saw it, he was Kurgan, I never realised how the feel of the film resembles the original Terminator so much also.

Guest seanfox778
17 minutes ago, Buce said:

I was reading recently that A Fistful of Dollars is being re-released, to be followed by A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

All classics.

Do you mean like they’re remaking them? No doubt they’d do it all kid friendly with CGI horses and Dwayne Johnson playing the lead.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:02, seanfox778 said:

Highlander - 7/10

Dated but great, one of the most random film plots ever. A group of immortals roam the earth and duel with other immortals, the only way to defeat each other is by decapitation, they then absorb their energy or power or something and carry on until "There can be only one". 

shokxone_highlander.jpg

I love Highlander and the soundtrack is superb.

But the casting...a French actor playing a Scottish clansman and a Scottish actor playing a Spanish nobleman !!!

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I love Highlander and the soundtrack is superb.

But the casting...a French actor playing a Scottish clansman and a Scottish actor playing a Spanish nobleman !!!

I’m sure I read that they did that on purpose to make the immortals have no fixed place of descent but it is funny. I’m sure Connery’s character said something about being from Egypt as well as Spain.

5 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Do you mean like they’re remaking them? No doubt they’d do it all kid friendly with CGI horses and Dwayne Johnson playing the lead.

No, just re-released.

Possibly re-mastered?

Not sure about Ready Player One. Didn't know what to expect but it was O.K. I guess.

Clever effects etc, etc, and I liked the 80's references. Kids liked it so that's the main thing.