Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Ready player one - really enjoyed the book and was looking forwards to the film. 

Massively disappointing, so much has been changed that it’s only just the general outline of the book.

If you haven’t read the book then it’d be a fairly decent watch, if you have then steer clear. 

5/10 

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, BeardyFox said:

Ready player one - really enjoyed the book and was looking forwards to the film. 

Massively disappointing, so much has been changed that it’s only just the general outline of the book.

If you haven’t read the book then it’d be a fairly decent watch, if you have then steer clear. 

5/10 

I didn’t read the book and I’d give it a 7/10 it was enjoyable and some of the references were great, loved The Shining one. It wasn’t amazing though and I won’t be rushing out to purchase the dvd or anything. 

Guest seanfox778

A Quiet Place - 5/10

An interesting premise about a reality where if you make a sound then giant monster things come from nowhere and eat you. Once you get to grips with the scenario it falls into a very overcrowded horror/monster category of movie and becomes a pretty bog standard affair. CGI, again takes away any realism. 

a-quiet-place-600x938.jpg

Edited by seanfox778

On 05/04/2018 at 23:30, seanfox778 said:

A Quiet Place - 5/10

An interesting premise about a reality where if you make a sound then giant monster things come from nowhere and eat you. Once you get to grips with the scenario it falls into a very overcrowded horror/monster category of movie and becomes a pretty bog standard affair. CGI, again takes away any realism. 

a-quiet-place-600x938.jpg

Disagree with this review, but hey, we are all different...

If you can suspend your disbelief, it’s a cracking film.  Brilliant acting and the tension is maintained to the end.

The CGI only plays a peripheral role.

Would really recommend.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Highlander - 7/10

Dated but great, one of the most random film plots ever. A group of immortals roam the earth and duel with other immortals, the only way to defeat each other is by decapitation, they then absorb their energy or power or something and carry on until "There can be only one". 

shokxone_highlander.jpg

On 08/04/2018 at 14:33, Vacamion said:

Disagree with this review, but hey, we are all different...

If you can suspend your disbelief, it’s a cracking film.  Brilliant acting and the tension is maintained to the end.

The CGI only plays a peripheral role.

Would really recommend.

Yeah, I loved it. As someone who lives with a deaf person, it was spot on. Best film I've seen in a good while.

On 09/04/2018 at 16:02, seanfox778 said:

Highlander - 7/10

Dated but great, one of the most random film plots ever. A group of immortals roam the earth and duel with other immortals, the only way to defeat each other is by decapitation, they then absorb their energy or power or something and carry on until "There can be only one". 

shokxone_highlander.jpg

Bet you can't wait to watch the sequel! 

:whistle:

On 4/7/2018 at 04:49, Dr The Singh said:

Watched 12 Strong....so much US bullshit, no wonder mericanz are so messed, people watch this type of shit and believe it's true.

Still a entertaining film

Hey buddy

Us Mericanz can tell the difference between a fictionalized account and a historically accurate documentary. Genius.

Edited by marbles

20 minutes ago, marbles said:

Hey buddy

Us Mericanz can tell the difference between a fictionalized account and a historically accurate documentary. Genius.

Not in my experience dude, I have a team that works for me in Memphis those guys live in a different world, any fooker that believes the US won the Afghan war or Vietnam, definitely believes in US bullshit propaganda.

20 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Not in my experience dude, I have a team that works for me in Memphis those guys live in a different world, any fooker that believes the US won the Afghan war or Vietnam, definitely believes in US bullshit propaganda.

You have a team of idiots - that does not represent the whole country.

On 4/8/2018 at 19:44, The Bear said:

Don't bother with Valerian. Annoying characters, lots of CGI nonsense, pointlessly confusing plot, yet only just about manages to keep your interest. 

I have to disagree here

I thought it was an entertaining space cops romp with lot of twists and turns.  CGI (Especially at the start)  were beyond decent and the story have few nice variants that offer a twist on the average cop buddies story (the story being set in the space,  quirky macguffin device,  some nice gender reversals,  unique characters and settings)  

I do agree that CGI get overused nowdays but with the movie being in space,  CGI becomes one of main selling points for the movie which is something that were executed well in my opinion.