Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 04/10/2019 at 15:54, copunk said:

Joker..... mindblowing film, intense, disturbing, gripping, genuinely the best film ive seen in the last 10 years, deserves every oscar it gets nominated for, joaquin pheonix is outstanding 

Fantastic movie, Joaquin to be honest born to play this role. Fantastic performance from. Good story, mind blowing certainly and brutal. I'm hoping this will lead to a sequel, cause I'd love to see Joaquin's joker go up against Batman in a movie... whoever that shall be? My thoughts... possibility the film of 2019... which has been a quite a dull year of movies.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Fantastic movie, Joaquin to be honest born to play this role. Fantastic performance from. Good story, mind blowing certainly and brutal. I'm hoping this will lead to a sequel, cause I'd love to see Joaquin's joker go up against Batman in a movie... whoever that shall be? My thoughts... possibility the film of 2019... which has been a quite a dull year of movies.  

Robert Pattinson is the new Batman and I’d be surprised if this version of the Joker popped up in any other DC movies tbh 

How about actors that you just can't stomach so you totally avoid anything with them in it? 

For me, the obvious ones really, anything with the Rock in it, you know it's going to be sh!t, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Nicolas Cage, Kevin Hart, anything with ET in it

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, somebum said:

How about actors that you just can't stomach so you totally avoid anything with them in it? 

For me, the obvious ones really, anything with the Rock in it, you know it's going to be sh!t, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Nicolas Cage, Kevin Hart, anything with ET in it

Ben Stiller has had good and bad movies, but I do admit apart from Meet The Parents. I can't think of any other movie I like with him in it.

Adam Sandler yep agreed incredible unfunny and dull actor.

Nicholas Cage he was great in the 90's and did okay in the WTC movie. Other than that of late his choice of movies have been a bit of an embarrassment. He appears in anything no matter how bad the script is.

Kevin Hart can't say I've seen his movie anyway.

Another to throw in is Hugh Grant... stuck with his posh accent no matter what the role. 

I disagree about the Rock, yep his early acting roles were terrible.. but now I think he's starting to get the decent scripts being offered to him. I just feel he could easily be the next Will Smith... he needs to get away from some the heroic cheesy roles and find something more sensitive and emotional. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Went to see Joker this afternoon. 

Now, I don't normally do DC, Marvel or any of that bollocks, but I liked Christopher Nolan's Batman & this seemed in a similar vein, so thought it was worth a go.  Plus all of the positive reviews it has received.

It's more of a commentary on mental health & the lack of care or sympathy than anything else.  A bit of a slow burner but still keeps your attention throughout......which has more to do with Joaquin Phoenix's performance than anything else.  He is superb.  I'd heard it contained gratuitous violence, but I wouldn't say that at all. 

One of the best performances but not one of the best films I've seen in years.  A solid 7.5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, somebum said:

you forgot Matt Damon apart from Martian I can't watch anything with him as the lead

On 06/10/2019 at 02:04, somebum said:

That's a bit harsh on ET. He only had the one movie and I actually thought he did quite well in it.

• Haha 2

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:11, Leicesterpool said:

I would say there is absolutely no chance he plays the joker in a batman film.

For me that is that. No need for a sequal no need to use him again. It was pretty much perfect and to be honest Joaquin Pheonix has come out and said he wouldnt want to play him again

Its a 9/10 for me nearly a 10 but there is about 15 mins in the middle which were a little boring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

you forgot Matt Damon apart from Martian I can't watch anything with him as the lead

Liked him in the True Grit remake a few years ago -one of the Coen Bros best efforts I reckon. 

Speaking of which I generally find Oscar Isaac an acquired taste, but thought he was brilliant in their Llewyn Davies film. 

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 07:04, somebum said:

Jack Black, Damien Lewis.

Cant stand either.

Be kind Rewind is the worst film ive ever seen!

Being a big fan of Chris Morris i went to see a screening of his new film last night 'The day shell come' its as close as i have every come to walking out of a film. It is terrible. Four Lions is one of my favourite films and i was hoping for something similar. 1/10 is being generous.

So from seeing the best film of the year on Sunday to the worst on Monday!!