Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Do you have a film that you can watch almost every day and never get bored even though you would never put it anywhere near your top ten lists?  Like just a happy background film?  For me it's the Lord of the Rings films.  Loved them when they came out but probably wouldn't have them in my all time favourite list but it's just nice hanging around with the gang.  Could happily chill with Gandalf and the wee guys for days.  Batman Begins (even though it is the worst of the three) and War of the Worlds fall into a simialr category.  I could happily watch them all the time.  X

Shaun of the Dead and the Jackass films for me.

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Do you have a film that you can watch almost every day and never get bored even though you would never put it anywhere near your top ten lists?  Like just a happy background film?  For me it's the Lord of the Rings films.  Loved them when they came out but probably wouldn't have them in my all time favourite list but it's just nice hanging around with the gang.  Could happily chill with Gandalf and the wee guys for days.  Batman Begins (even though it is the worst of the three) and War of the Worlds fall into a simialr category.  I could happily watch them all the time.  X

Step Brothers, its objectively shit but it's stupidly funny. 

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Trading Places

Ferris Beulers Day Off

Planes Trains & Automobiles 

• Like 3

Finally got round to watching Alita Battle Angel, on 4K UHD Bluray it looks amazing and is probably the best live action adaptation of Manga/Anime I've seen.

Only fault with the movie is, it is just the first part so hopefully there is a sequel.

Edited by ithuriel

6 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a28640144/home-alone-macaulay-culkin-responds-disney-reboot/

Disney are remaking Home Alone now. It won't be as funny or violent and I bet The Rock and Kevin Hart are cast as the burglars.

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

They should have Kevin Hart as the kid left home alone.

I'd actually happily watch that lol

• Like 1

Bought Suburra on iTunes last week. Watched it the other day...thoroughly enjoyable. Same director as Gomorrah. 

Recommended. 

Bought Ghost In The Shell (2017) too but I may  wait to upgrade my Apple TV to the 4K box before watching. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil

Once upon a time in Hollywood - Such a let down, I'm a big fan of QT's work. but this just feels like a big let down. If you do go and watch it you really need to know the history of Hollywood around the late 60's / early 70's if you don't it really wouldn't make any sense at all. The first 2 hours didn't feel like a QT film but the last 40 minutes did. 5/10

Once upon a time in Hollywood 8/10

Would certainly be confusing if you didn't know about the Manson Family / Sharon Tait story.

Not sure you need to know the history of late 60s Hollywood, though I suppose it would add something. I didn't know Hollywood history and still enjoyed this.

Less action than most Tarantino films - for the first 2 hours, anyway. But the last section was brilliant - and strangely hilarious.

A lot of good dark or absurd humour before that, too (the little girl, the Bruce Lee fight, the Di Caprio character fvcking up his lines).

The oddball duo of Di Caprio as a has-been B-movie/TV star having a mid-life crisis & Brad Pitt as his cool dude stuntman/gopher works well - like waiting with curiosity for a car crash to happen.

....all that and hippies as sinister weirdos, just the way things should be.

• Like 1