Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

53 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

https://youtu.be/cVRHG6z7sN8

*for some reason the link won’t bring up the video. Anyhoo, TOP GUN 2 is here!

I never liked the first one. I saw it at cinema as someone who regularly flew flight sims and wondered why they didn't just launch a couple of sidewinders from 10 miles away at the MIGs that looked like F-5s.

Having watched it in the past few years... it's incredibly homoerotic, isn't it?,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I never liked the first one. I saw it at cinema as someone who regularly flew flight sims and wondered why they didn't just launch a couple of sidewinders from 10 miles away at the MIGs that looked like F-5s.

Having watched it in the past few years... it's incredibly homoerotic, isn't it?,

All Tom Cruise films from that era had the same plot, as Rich Hall hilariously points out here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

https://youtu.be/cVRHG6z7sN8

*for some reason the link won’t bring up the video. Anyhoo, TOP GUN 2 is here!

Well that's quite possibly the best film news of the year :thumbup:

Top Gun is my favourite ever film and they've been talking about a sequel for 30 years - and here it is!

There's no way it will be better than the original so I'll have to manage my expectations, but if it's only half as good I'll be delighted.

Maverick is my fvckin hero. Can't wait.

Really have started to enjoy Oliver Harper's reviews of 70ies/80ies/90ies movies on YouTube. Brings back fond memories of getting scared sh*tless in the 80ies, watching TV with all these great and sometimes cheesy horror and science-fiction flicks readily available.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zKSynEH_sLA1TC8_kU0gQ

On 08/07/2019 at 22:24, Finnegan said:

@David Guiza @Alf Bentley

I saw the Diego Maradona documentary in the Phoenix last week.

On 08/07/2019 at 23:51, Soup said:

lol Here was me thinking that half of FT and the Tigers have all gone on holidays to the US and somehow managed to find themselves in dowtown Phoenix at the same movie on the same night lol

• Like 1

Do you have a film that you can watch almost every day and never get bored even though you would never put it anywhere near your top ten lists?  Like just a happy background film?  For me it's the Lord of the Rings films.  Loved them when they came out but probably wouldn't have them in my all time favourite list but it's just nice hanging around with the gang.  Could happily chill with Gandalf and the wee guys for days.  Batman Begins (even though it is the worst of the three) and War of the Worlds fall into a simialr category.  I could happily watch them all the time.  X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Do you have a film that you can watch almost every day and never get bored even though you would never put it anywhere near your top ten lists?  Like just a happy background film?  For me it's the Lord of the Rings films.  Loved them when they came out but probably wouldn't have them in my all time favourite list but it's just nice hanging around with the gang.  Could happily chill with Gandalf and the wee guys for days.  Batman Begins (even though it is the worst of the three) and War of the Worlds fall into a simialr category.  I could happily watch them all the time.  X

Pirates of the Caribbean films for me, but Lord of the Rings stuff is a good call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I feel like i have to pay attention to the Lord of the Rings films so I can’t have them in the background personally. I’ve done a LOTR marathon (Extended edition) quite a few times, though not recently.

I’ll never, ever turn down the opportunity to watch any of the Back To The Future films, or Hot Fuzz, 

Empire Records is another classic.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2019 at 22:24, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All Tom Cruise films from that era had the same plot, as Rich Hall hilariously points out here.

Ahahaha I'd totally forgotten about this bit. I'd largely forgotten about Rich Hall tbh. Loved this. 

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

In Bruges. 

And I'd still laugh at every line.