Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

23 hours ago, RoboFox said:

A brand new Sonic The Hedgehog trailer. 

Let's be honest, the film looks awful, but it's very interesting to see how Paramount have reacted to the pressure from the people who will actually go and see the film. Seems like they've reworked the animations completely after the uproar (and let's face it, the character design was god-awful previously.) - Something I've never really seen before in Hollywood.

1089669643_ScreenShot2019-11-12at12_04_41.png.c895dc912931c6d77950f30040d1fdc2.png

It's amazing how poor an effort it was to create an animated character when they already had an animated character to work from.

I actually cant wait to see Sonic. Read the comics as a kid and watched all the different tv shows. I forgot how much I loved sonic as a kid until I watched the original trailer. Even with the god awful sonic I was still going to go and see it. Now it looks a million times better.

Bring on sequels with Tails and Knuckles.

Big the Cat can get in the bin though lol 

On 13/11/2019 at 11:42, kingcarr21 said:

I actually cant wait to see Sonic. Read the comics as a kid and watched all the different tv shows. I forgot how much I loved sonic as a kid until I watched the original trailer. Even with the god awful sonic I was still going to go and see it. Now it looks a million times better.

Bring on sequels with Tails and Knuckles.

Big the Cat can get in the bin though lol 

LOVED the MegaDrive games as a kid, so much so that I've had an emulator on every computer I've ever owned and have played it so much. Never really got into the comics or tv shows as I couldn't play them, but I'm thinking of seeing the film at least as an appreciation for them actually listening to the actual fans after they revealed that grotesque designs.

On 20/10/2019 at 21:43, Suzie the Fox said:

Kill Chain with Nicolas Cage. BORING ! Looked good, started watching and fell sleep. 3/10

Not even sure why i watched it as the only movie i liked him in was the one where he turns into a devil on a motorbike and that was made years ago.

Blimey O Reilly Sooz! So many good Cage films and performances, you really should see more. 

Particularly Leaving Las Vegas, which is an amazing performance. He won a Best Actor Oscar for it, and deservedly so. 

Other good films are:

Raising Arizona

Wild At Heart (a particular fave of mine) 

The Rock

Face/Off

Con Air

Gone In 60 Seconds

Lord Of War

Admittedly some of his recent films aren't great. Mandy in particular is very, very bonkers. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

Blimey O Reilly Sooz! So many good Cage films and performances, you really should see more. 

Particularly Leaving Las Vegas, which is an amazing performance. He won a Best Actor Oscar for it, and deservedly so. 

Other good films are:

Raising Arizona

The Rock

Face/Off

Con Air

Gone In 60 Seconds

Lord Of War

Admittedly some of his recent films aren't great. Mandy in particular is very, very bonkers. 

Made notes! Will review and advise accordingly.  You better be right 😭

• Like 1

Looking for something to watch on a damp Sunday afternoon and I came across The Last Movie Star. I'm not entirely sure what made me watch it as I've never been a great fan of Burt Reynolds or of that type of film, but I was quite touched by it. I hesitate to say it was well acted as Burt's performance is perhaps the ultimate in the Stanislavski method, but nonetheless it was impressive. A study in the vicissitudes of life and ageing, it was both depressing and strangely uplifting at the same time.

On 16/11/2019 at 09:33, The Bear said:

Other good films are:

Raising Arizona

The Rock

Face/Off

Con Air

Gone In 60 Seconds

Lord Of War

i would add to this list

Matchstick Men

8mm

Red Rock West

Kiss Of Death

Nic Cage was decent back in the day

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

Only watched about an hour of The Irishman but its terrific already. 

Love that it's got such an enormous cast of basically everyone from the old classics, Keitel, Pesci, De Niro, Pacino etc but also the newer generation, guys from The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk, etc as well. 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Love that it's got such an enormous cast of basically everyone from the old classics, Keitel, Pesci, De Niro, Pacino etc but also the newer generation, guys from The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk, etc as well. 

Looking forward to seeing it.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Watched it last night. Thought it was a great film. Probably need to watch it again though, it’s a very long film and a lot goes on. 

On 16/11/2019 at 09:33, The Bear said:

Other good films are:

Raising Arizona

The Rock

Face/Off

Con Air

Gone In 60 Seconds

Lord Of War

I love the "Beige Volvo" trilogy of Con Air, Face/Off and The Rock. But yes, he's basically done a load of shit since 2014.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I watched the irishman in one sitting and I'm not being funny but you could easily cut an hour from that film, I've got to say I'm underwhelmed and am gonna sleep like a baby now 

any film that is more than two hours long could lose at least an hour. just pointless.