Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Couple of decent films off Netflix over the weekend

The Invitation - thriller -  A man accepts an invitation to a dinner party hosted by his ex-wife, an unsettling affair that reopens old wounds and creates new tensions. 

Wonder - drama -the story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters the fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time.

2 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Stadt.....is that Chigurh in your avatar?

And late to the party? Not as late as me. 

Just watching Breaking Bad for the first time ever. 

Walt has just become Heisenberg. 

Yeah it’s Anton. 

BB and Better Call Saul are my favourite series ever, Vince Gilligan is an amazing writer.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2019 at 18:12, foxfanazer said:

Baby driver, dreadful film. Not much else to say

3/10

Amazing film!

What's wrong with it?

Certainly not the score. It starts with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, which is ballsy.

Certainly not the car driving. Some great stunts, no cgi.

The cinematography? It's stunning and the way it seamlessly entwined with the soundtrack, so clever.

The story? Standard heist, but plenty of unique features to set it apart.

The acting? Not a bad performance amongst them and kudos for actually using a deaf actor to play a deaf role.

The only thing against it is it lives in the shadow of Spacey's sexual predation allegations.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Amazing film!

What's wrong with it?

Certainly not the score. It starts with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, which is ballsy.

Certainly not the car driving. Some great stunts, no cgi.

The cinematography? It's stunning and the way it seamlessly entwined with the soundtrack, so clever.

The story? Standard heist, but plenty of unique features to set it apart.

The acting? Not a bad performance amongst them and kudos for actually using a deaf actor to play a deaf role.

The only thing against it is it lives in the shadow of Spacey's sexual predation allegations.

I just found the whole thing cheesy. I did like some of the driving stunts and the music but other than that it just wasn't for me. Sorry if you had some involvement in the making of it lol

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Late to the party but I watched The Hateful Eight yesterday, no way is it ‘Tarantino’s worst film’, too long definitely but almost everything else about is superb.

I saw it at the cinema and people actually walked out, I haven’t watched it since and need to view it again because I was incredibly disappointed in it first time around, I’d probably expected too much as I love Tarantino films, it’s too long as you say and a definite drop in standard from Inglorious Basterds and Django.

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I saw it at the cinema and people actually walked out, I haven’t watched it since and need to view it again because I was incredibly disappointed in it first time around, I’d probably expected too much as I love Tarantino films, it’s too long as you say and a definite drop in standard from Inglorious Basterds and Django.

Personally I thought it was better than Django. 

I watched his new one a few weeks ago - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Quite slow going with the occasional decent scene here and there, and way too long, but it was worth it for the ending which was just brilliantly violent and mental. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1